Why don't we mention the most important saints in commemoration of the saints ?

I never hear Saints like St. George PRINCE OF THE MARTYRS, Abu Seifein, St. Mina and others being mentioned in the Commemoration of the Saints... why ??

Comments

• Your not looking hard enough, they are there in the following verses:

Pray to the Lord on our behalf, Philopater Mercurius (Abu Sefien), Abba Mina, and Abba Victor ; that He may forgive us our sins.

and

Pray to the Lord on our behalf, O struggle mantled martry, my lord prince George; that He may forgive us our sins.
  • Lol Amoussa01, I believe he is talking about the commemoration in the liturgy, though lol I will use the same sentence

"You're not looking hard enough, they are there in the following verses:"
    "our holy fathers the patriarchs, the prophets, the apostles, the preachers, the evangelists, the martyrs, the confessors and all the spirits of the righteous who were consummated in the faith"

hehe why we don't name them directly. I dunno.
  • In a simple answer, most of the Saints in the Commemoration of the Saints (Diptychs) are ecclesiastically ordained and are identified as a continuity of the Sacrament (Mystery) of the Holy Orders, and the Monastic consecrations.
  • The priest in my church says their names..a lot of priests say the commemoration differently