Commeration of all saints.

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
How to say Pray for us all saints...in the commeration of saints tasbeha...Erbresvete ehri egon......eften kan nenovi  nan evol. cotpic please.

Comments

• Dear KIMO MAXIMUS,
    I am at work now, so I am not hundred percent sure if you were using Coptic fonts (or just English transcription). I guess you need to learn Coptic language; your words are all messed up.
    This is how you will say it: twbh `m`P[C ehryi ejwn w nye;ouab tyrou `ntef,a nennobi nan ebol
    Oujai qen `P[C
  • I knwo im trying to learn. If you can give me coptic english please to yoru translation will help me alot. I know i have to learn...im disgusted of myself...but please help.
  • Dear KIMO MAXIMUS,
    I am also learning, so don't worry. We teach each other, and you give me advice as I do you. Ok, basically the sentence twbh `m`P[C ehryi ejwn w nye;ouab tyrou `ntef,a nennobi nan ebol means (near literally) Ask the Lord for us (= on our behalf) o you all the saints that He (may) leave our sins out (= forgive us our sins). I put the usual psalmody translation between brackets, and outside tried to make it as literal as possible.
    Oujai qen `P[C
  • THANKS! how about the coptic pronounciation in english letter please.
    THANKS
  • I can do that later, when I'm on the computer. But you may not like my pronunciation. Let me know...
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=12339.msg144563#msg144563 date=1315836449]
    Dear KIMO MAXIMUS,
    I am also learning, so don't worry. We teach each other, and you give me advice as I do you. Ok, basically the sentence twbh `m`P[C ehryi ejwn w nye;ouab tyrou `ntef,a nennobi nan ebol means (near literally) Ask the Lord for us (= on our behalf) o you all the saints that He (may) leave our sins out (= forgive us our sins). I put the usual psalmody translation between brackets, and outside tried to make it as literal as possible.
    Oujai qen `P[C

Toobhem epchoise ehri egoon oo nie-ethowab tirow entefka nennovi nan evol

Ophadece may give another, better pronunciation of course :)
  • [quote author=Aegyptian link=topic=12339.msg144576#msg144576 date=1315856754]
    [quote author=ophadece link=topic=12339.msg144563#msg144563 date=1315836449]
    Dear KIMO MAXIMUS,
    Oujai qen `P[C

Toobhem epchoise ehri egoon oo nie-ethowab tirow entefka nennovi nan evol

Ophadece may give another, better pronunciation of course

edit/ Just learn the Coptic Alphabet here:
    http://www.stshenouda.com/coptlang/coalfa1.htm#
  • guys.........i think he mean this one part that in the commemoration:
    + Twbh `m`P[oic `e`hryi `ejwn@ nye;ouab `nte pai`ehoou@ piouai piouai kata pefran@ `ntef,a nennobi nan `ebol.
    + Pray to the Lord on our behalf, the saints of this day, everyone according to his name, that He may forgive us our sins.

IF NOT, than you need to give a response that have 4 stekhons to not make it IMPOSSIBLE to sing.........
    + Twbh `m`P[oic `e`hryi `ejwn@
    something@
    something else@
    `ntef,a nennobi nan `ebol.
  • Well done Mina. I was merely translating the sentence for KIMO MAXIMUS regardless of suitability of singing during tasbeha. Didn't mean to make it up... I'll add the pronunciation later...
    Oujai
  • Dear KIMO MAXIMUS and Aegyptian,
    I base my pronunciation on the studies done on "authentic" Coptic Bohairic pronunciation, and not the wrong teaching propagated for one reason or another in our Church... there you go:
    dobh (also tobh) emebshois ahra:i ajon aw (also o) neyetowab da:rou ndafka (possibly also ndafkha) nannowi nan awol.
    As for Mina's verse:
    dobh (also tobh) emebshois ahra:i ajon neyetowab nda baiahow (also baiahow) biowai biowai kata bafran (maybe also bafra:n) ndafka (possibly also ndafkha) nannowi nan awol.
    Oujai qen `P[C