Hymns in OB and GB

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hello all,

Related to a thesis topic I am pursuing in my graduate studies, I would like to know the best/most prototypical hymns to illustrate the pronunciation differences between GB and OB. Links to their texts in Coptic, and audio if available (in either pronunciation), would also be useful and appreciated (to justify the inclusion of a given hymn in the corpus from which the data will be drawn).

Thank you!  :)

Comments

• FOr a long time I have waited for a thread like this. I hope those who have the knowledge and information can provide formative sources for me to learn from. Thanks dzheremi...
    Oujai
  • [quote author=dzheremi link=topic=12255.msg144071#msg144071 date=1314920913]
    Hello all,

Related to a thesis topic I am pursuing in my graduate studies, I would like to know the best/most prototypical hymns to illustrate the pronunciation differences between GB and OB. Links to their texts in Coptic, and audio if available (in either pronunciation), would also be useful and appreciated (to justify the inclusion of a given hymn in the corpus from which the data will be drawn).

Thank you!  :)

The best would be Tasbeha (doxologies, tadakeyat, ..) because the rhythm is fast and can illustrate the difference in pronunciation.
  • Thank you for your suggestion, Mikhail. I know there are a lot of examples of tasbeha on this website that are in GB, so now I will try to find the corresponding recordings in OB. If you know anywhere to find them other than Fr. Shenouda's parish website (I'm going through the audio there now), please let me know.
  • [quote author=dzheremi link=topic=12255.msg144156#msg144156 date=1315007518]
    Thank you for your suggestion, Mikhail. I know there are a lot of examples of tasbeha on this website that are in GB, so now I will try to find the corresponding recordings in OB. If you know anywhere to find them other than Fr. Shenouda's parish website (I'm going through the audio there now), please let me know.

www.speakcoptic.org has two recordings from tasbeha and other things.