Music

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
8)Hay guyz, I really lyke listening to arabic music.... I personally don't think there is anything wrong with it.... if there is tyme for God and tyme for listening to music then there is nothing wrong with it right?
I really lyke: mustafa Amr, Ehab Tawfiq, Ragheb Alama, Amr Diab, Asala, Hany Shaker etc....
I lyke listening to them and i can tell u there songs.... but i give tyme to God... is that ok then???
Do any of u listen to this music??? And Wat du u think,

Love, Verena....

God loves ya all............

Comments

• umm
    u missed sumone
    RUBY and MTM
    are the best :)
    GBU ;)
  • i don't think listening to music is wrong, wheather it's arabic or english. you have to even it out. God should always be your first priority. But i c nothing wrong as long as your don't let the music brain wash you.
  • I only listen to arabic music, no english. i dont see anyting wrong with it. however, you also have to listen to hymns, not only music.
  • music is a gift from God. but we have to choose music wisely. like no bad words, no wrong defenitions of love, nothing that encourages others to go against God. also, try to avoid music that has the f word in almost every second word. they destroy the purpose of music and satisfy satan by being the earphone that he talks to you through.
    but in general, music is an art and it has its beauty, so don't use it wrongfully.

+God Bless you+
    :)
  • hay, yea, ummm thanx guyz, I get wat u are all saying. It is not wrong... It doesn't brain wash me or n e thing. and I did forget RUBY and MTM but dey are not the best, the best is Ragheb allama and Hany Shaker even thou they are old.... u like ruby??? I hate her...... not hate hate but lets just say I don't prefer her music...

Take care guys,
  • wat about shahbola?
    lol
    GBU ;)
  • i personally dont think its wrong, and it helps u out on ur arabic, even though i can understand it perfectly, i just have to try hard to speak it

yeah, i like amr diab too, theres this one site called mazika.com and it lets you download music, but now i feel bad for recommending something not spiritual on a spiritual site, so umm, go to coptichymns.net, its good :P btw, i heard kazaa was illegal, is mazika.com illegal too?
  • i doubt it, thats egyptian, not american
  • Hey wut happened to Amer Moniib, samira said, and Sherif Mekawy...
    Verina where do u get the songs???
    and can u plz mail me and tell me how u download them if u do... :)
    i don't think listening to music is wrong but like everyone said God has to be first...

btw Arabic Music is the best!!!!
    Rina ;)
  • wat about Mohammed Mounir!
    and Ehab Tawfiq???
    GBU ;)
  • music is a gift from God. but we have to choose music wisely.
    - GUARDIAN ANGEL

i agree wid this statement.....lol coz music is everywhere!....u cant get it away
    like i like MTM coz they r original and dont do stoopid stufff wheras Ruby fully shows offf hard....and yeh MTM are so original......2 of the guys are Coptic Orthodox and they grabed a childhood muslim frend..
    yeh
    and sholdent we as christians love everyone?
    lol but we hate the sin of corce...
    LOL
    ok
    GB all
  • i listen to arabic music, but i have no idea who the people that sing them are. lol ::)

God bless all
  • I'm currently listening to Allison Crowe and Alison Krauss...I guess I like to listen to singers named Alison...lol... By the way,if anyone is interested they can go to Amazon.com and download free several complete songs from both artists...good,good music if you like poetical and deep lyrics...even a christian track or two...
  • Hay Rina,

You can get the songs of either mazika.com, or 6arab.com.
    These are really good music sites. you just go on them and search for the song or the artist you like. Hope that gets you what you want.
    Hey, how old are you and where do u live???
    I hope you find all your favourites.
    Take care,
    Verena
  • I kinda feel like this thread is getting out of hand. Its one thing to state your opinion, but exchanging info on where to download these songs from is not called for on a website meant for spiritual edification.

I don't mean to attack or offend anyone, but lately I feel like many of these new threads are "is this ok?"... or "is this wrong?"

To avoid these lengthy threads, I would like to try to simplify the matter. Sin as we know it is anything that seperates us from God. But I was talking to my Father of Confession and he made me look at it in another perspective. He defined sin as anything that does not bring us closer to God.

I'm not sure about anybody else, but listening to arabic music does not bring me closer to God.

Pray for me,
    David
  • i understand what you're saying david and to some extend I agree with you but to a greater extend i dont. I mean there are many things that dont bring us closer to God...watching tv, taking a shower, chemistry tests....u kno? You cant see it like that all the time. I would rather listen to arabic music anytime more than most english music because arabic music doesnt have cursing or bad "things"we all kno wut i dont have 2 elaborate....so i dont think its bad. If that kind of music is taking you away from listening to hymns and praises....then thats a different story but in general...i really dont think its bad. I listen to christian rap...and to be honest it doesnt really bring me closer to God...its just truth spoken through music...it doesnt effect me in any way sometimes because i already know that truth or the message or w/e. Point is not allll "spiritual"songs r gonna be spiritual, u could lyk the song because of the tune or the words, it doesnt necessarily have to bring u closer to God everytime u hear it... :-\ But then again thats just my opinion....

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • I agree with Magnoona4lyf and sorry if you think that this is getting out of hand but as she said, alot of things don't bring u close to God in some sense, sorry bout any missunderstandings, maybe i got a bt carried away.

God Bless
    Verena
  • hey all
    i believe this topic was already discussed a LONGG time back... but might as well open it up again if u still have questions
    but i agree with wat dsmfam said
    'sin as anything that does not bring us closer to God'
    i had this arguement before, but ill repeat myself
    why waste ur time with anything that does not glorify God?!
    God gifted us with time, we should use it to praise His holy name and serve Him and His people. and if we're gonna bring up the arguments that showering and taking tests, etc doesnt glorify God... it does
    who gave you your body?
    who gifted you with a brain?
    who gave you ears to hear?
    eyes to see.... a mouth to speak?
    so who else should it serve but the Creator?
    when you go to church, and look at righteous saints and portraits of Jesus, and listen to the peaceful hymns and even sing and praise God with that same mouth...
    then when you leave church, you go look at horror or dramatic or romantic movies with those same eyes and then with that same mouth u go and sing the words to some random song that supposedly means nothing to you, when in reality that thing called ur brain is processing every word and image that you see and hear... and u waste ur time hearing that same music...
    correct me if i'm wrong... but i think when God created us, he didn't have this image of His children turning into little people that use the heart He gave them to worship words to a lame song or the beat to some stupid music...
    theres plenty of good christian songs out there... u dont even have to turn to christian rap
    you have SO many BEAUTIFUL songs sung by coptic singers right on websites like these and coptichymns and in ur own church library
    trinity to name one group... and all the tapes that have been released by several churches around the world...

k sry that took forever... but hope u had time to read it all
    SMS
  • guys lets be realistic and not all like this wat we should do( im talking about every one on this site) i find it often that we say things that seem to be the perfect answer.
    but do we actually do them? i mean we are humans and bound (or at least i am) to do things that do not praise God.
    is that wrong? yes. can i do only things that praise God? no. y? cause then teh world would be perfect, no need for repentance or salvation. should we strive to be perfect? yes, but in my opinion, i know im gonna see opposition on this, control every thing to moderation. we cant(or at least i cant) do only religious things, thats not life.
  • [glow=green,2,300]In The Name Of The Father And The Son And The Holy Spirit[/glow]

Arabic music is no different from rap o those bad songs it says the samething, so if therye bad to listen to so is arabic
  • lostegprincess....
    can u define 'moderation' for me?
    i mean if you need music to calm u down or music that can express yourself... wat better music is there to turn to other than music that glorifies God?
    theres some AMAZING songs (arabic and english) that can express you in wayz that no rap or arabic aghanie can ever express.... just try it for at least a week
    listen to it on the bus or in the car and while ur doing ur hw even... its soo comforting and helpful, it's like when i listen to it on the bus... i dont want to ever get off the bus cause i know im gonna have to shut it off eventually... music can commit miracles ( :-\ does that make sense? ???) but bottom line.... it's amazingg
    :D
  • [glow=green,2,300]In The Name Of the Father And The Son And The Holy Spirit Amen[/glow]

I agree with you, but i do not like the fact that parents use arabic songs to hid the swears and love bits.
  • lostegprincess i 114% agree w/ u..lol
    and SMS r u telling me that u never listened to music and will never listen to music.. i respect ur point of veiw but r we all really that PERFECT.. we can't ALL do wut u CAN do.. i mean don't tell me all u do all day is Glorify God. i mean there's no end to the things that we ALL- well some if ur not included- do that doesn't bring us closer to God.. like how others mentioned and ALOT more...
    And Verina thnx 4 the web sites but i'm having a lil problem i can't download them, so if u can plz IM me and tell me how u do it?? and i'm 15 and i'm in California!!

Rina ;)
  • I don't think it's wrong at all but too much isn't the greatest thing..try to limit the music and maybe give God a bit more time..but it's not wrong ;)
  • funny how no body's defined moderation for me....
    and i find it quite entertaining how we're talkin about moderation, yet we feel the need to talk on such a website as tasbeha.org to discuss where and wat songs we can download...
    and rina, ur wrong
    i used to listen to arabic and english music DAY AND NIGHT.... if u know ANYBODY that knows me... which i doubt u do cause very few ppl on this site do... they'd tell u
    i was a music freak... and when u become in love with music and amr diab n hakim and ehab tawfik... u memorize their songs word for word and just randomly recite them (see? i've been there) lol... just cause i enjoy church music doesn't mean im sinless and perfect... but to be honest... if u just try subsituting church music for worldly music, its a start to glorifying God, and it makes u feel at peace... and u eventually lose that desire to listen to smoochy love songs and fantasize over some guy/girl u may or may never have... y not 'fantasize' about God... the One that you will ALWAYS have: wherever you are, whenever...
    get wat im sayin?
    ;)
  • [quote author=Roaming link=board=1;threadid=776;start=15#msg14278 date=1100222657]
    [glow=green,2,300]In The Name Of The Father And The Son And The Holy Spirit[/glow]

<a href="arabic%20music" onmouseover="window.status='Arabic music'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Arabic music</a> is no different from rap o those bad songs it says the samething, so if therye bad to listen to so is arabic

I listen to christian rap, whats so wrong about it? lolx...and Roaming, man u have a great testimony about switching over from "bad"music to "Godly"music, but if you're trying to get your point across u should try to be a little more understanding of what people are trying to tell you, just because you've been there doesnt mean u fully comprehend what they're talking about. I think its beyond awesome that you've had the honor to give up "wordly" music, i hope i can become like that one day, i just think u have wonderful things to say but they're kinda comin out the wrong way... :-\

And umm what is moderation? ??? (xcuse my slowness)

GOD BLESS ALL!
  • and i find it quite entertaining how we're talkin about moderation, yet we feel the need to talk on such a website as tasbeha.org to discuss where and wat songs we can download...

I'm not sure if your refering to my post where I suggested downloading several songs fom Amazon.com.If so I would remind you that I stated several of the songs were christian and the others were compatiable with christianity or at least were free of vulgarity and ungodly lyrics.Songs that make a person think about deeper issues and the weightier matters of life.In my opinion,all music,books,movies,etc. are lawful for a christian if they dont impede or hinder their inner spiritual life or cause them to stray from Christ and His commandments.Just because a song does not mention God,or is not necessarily "christian" does not mean that the Lord Jesus Christ cannot use it to minister to our souls or use it to convey some practical truth.For example, even songs that speak about everyday life,marriage,relationships,children,fear,sorrow,etc.etc. can speak to us deeply and affect the way we view life and more importantly how we live our life.God can and does use simple things,even so-called "worldly music" to mould and influence our lives.All of life is a gift of God.Nothing is to be rejected as long as it does not draw us away from our great God.Be careful what you hear but dont reject everything just because it may not outwardly have the label "christian".God is able to sanctify even the secular{worldy}things for His glory and use them to teach us if we will only allow him the opportunity,if we have spiritual eyes and ears to see God working in the simple and mundane things of life.
  • [quote author=Magnoona4lyf link=board=1;threadid=776;start=15#msg14336 date=1100324540]
    [quote author=Roaming link=board=1;threadid=776;start=15#msg14278 date=1100222657]
    [glow=green,2,300]In The Name Of The Father And The Son And The Holy Spirit[/glow]

<a href="arabic%20music" onmouseover="window.status='Arabic music'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Arabic music</a> is no different from rap o those bad songs it says the samething, so if therye bad to listen to so is arabic

I listen to christian rap, whats so wrong about it? lolx...and Roaming, man u have a great testimony about switching over from "bad"music to "Godly"music, but if you're trying to get your point across u should try to be a little more understanding of what people are trying to tell you, just because you've been there doesnt mean u fully comprehend what they're talking about. I think its beyond awesome that you've had the honor to give up "wordly" music, i hope i can become like that one day, i just think u have wonderful things to say but they're kinda comin out the wrong way... :-\

And umm what is moderation? ??? (xcuse my slowness)

GOD BLESS ALL!

Christian Rap?
    waoh woah....

aniwais, ive heard Coptic Rap before, u know in they rush somesing, in the hitens, and they say all the martyrs in one go....lol
    thats the thing
    hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa
    GBU ;)
  • jfranklin.... i was not refferring to u at all
    and as for doing as we like as long as it does not hinder our relationship with God... how do we know it is hindering us or helping us?
    theres several temptations and desires in the world, so why put urself in a position where u can easily fall into one of them?
  • and as for doing as we like

You misunderstood me,I never said we could do as we like,but rather we should not reject certain forms of art just because they dont have the label"christian";since God is the creator of all beauty.

how do we know it is hindering us or helping us?

We know by the fruit it's producing in our lives and by the inner witness and guidance of the Holy Spirit.