Closer than FOC

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Is it wrong to become closer to my Sunday School teacher than my FOC? I feel like I can talk to my SS teacher about more things since he is younger than Abouna. I see Abouna as my father and I can't talk to my real father about half the things I want to but I feel like my SS teacher is my older brother.

Comments

• You don't have to be closer to your FoC than anyone else. But you do need to tell him about things you wouldn't tell your 'real' father because that is part of confession. Assuming your SS servant is a man of God, use him as a spiritual guide. But you must also develop a relationship with your FoC or else confession will always be difficult and you can't confess to your SS servant! So tell abouna how you feel. God bless you.
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11993.msg142571#msg142571 date=1312516648]
    You don't have to be closer to your FoC than anyone else. But you do need to tell him about things you wouldn't tell your 'real' father because that is part of confession. Assuming your SS servant is a man of God, use him as a spiritual guide. But you must also develop a relationship with your FoC or else confession will always be difficult and you can't confess to your SS servant! So tell abouna how you feel. God bless you.

Go to Abouna, not only do you get free confession and services, you get your ticket to heaven, all free; all because of our savior, Jesus Christ! What a sweet deal!
  • [quote author=Khas. link=topic=11993.msg142608#msg142608 date=1312583678]
    [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11993.msg142571#msg142571 date=1312516648]
    You don't have to be closer to your FoC than anyone else. But you do need to tell him about things you wouldn't tell your 'real' father because that is part of confession. Assuming your SS servant is a man of God, use him as a spiritual guide. But you must also develop a relationship with your FoC or else confession will always be difficult and you can't confess to your SS servant! So tell abouna how you feel. God bless you.

Go to Abouna, not only do you get free confession and services, you get your ticket to heaven, all free; all because of our savior, Jesus Christ! What a sweet deal!

So is "What a sweet deal!" your new thing now? LOL jk  ;D
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=11993.msg142571#msg142571 date=1312516648]

I can confess and all as normal its just some things like girl problems or specific things that I deal with at school are easier to talk about with my SS teacher since he is younger and has dealt with similar problems in a similar environment; not in Egypt in the 60's.
  • i see what you mean, i myself saw that it was much easier to talk to a best friend about certain sins, but i wanted to let my FoC know what i was feeling in full honesty. my solution was to simply introduce the subject of certain sins little by little and try to introduce it with a joke, so that it was not completely awkward. the same way i started talking to my friends about sins was little by little. plus the priest is a lot more experienced and knowledgeable than most SS servants (you also said he was young which would mean not that much experience). just remember what you put into confession is what you get out of it.