I Really Need Your Help!!!

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hi everyone,

i really, really need your help! i haven't been reading the bible for over a month now, and I haven't been praying, and I don't know what to do!
everyday, i tell myself, ok, im gonna read the bible, right after my homework, and i never get around to it cuz i stay up so late.

i know my relationship (if there ever was one) with God is suffering, and i feel bad when i give advice to people, cuz i myself am not "stable". I need encouragement, because i know that im falling now that God's more distant. i want to put God back as my #1 priority, not my #3, or whatever it is now......

id greatly appreciate any comments ;D

Comments

• Hi SaviorOfMySoul,

There will always be times in our lives when we start to be spiritually lazy and then it seems like its too hard to get up from this laziness cause we got used to it..

but that doesnt mean we cant overcome this absence of prayer

try to read your Bible when you come back from school before you start your homework. You will really feel a great blessing and you will feel that God is with you "Put God FIRST and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success" Proverbs 3:6

pray first thing when you wake up in the morning, so that God may bless your day, and be with you through out the day. Even if just for 5 min, it will make a difference (and i dont think 5 minutes in the morning is too much for God?)

pick a certain time at night to pray at .....dont wait till right before you sleep, because it might not work out, and ull end up falling asleep.

When you start to pray again you will feel a difference and you will feel the beauty of prayers and how strong they really are.

“Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” 1 Thessalonians 5:17,18

Keep in your mind that God is the most important thing in your life. You love Him more than anything else in this whole world. And because you love Him so much, you always want to put Him first in your life. Even if sometimes you are falling, God will help you, and He will lift you up again.

God really doesnt need our prayers, we are the ones that are in need of prayer
  • i seem to be having the same problem.lol
  • lol..
    i think we all do sometimes!

• Dear friend:
    I know what you uffer from. It is common, but
    think how God preserve you and the family, and what
    many harmful and bad things you meet and God prevent that fromyou. Thank God u. stil alive and want
    to have a good relation to HIM. Think about all that and have to praise and thank HIM. Even though you
    have to force yourself to go to church, and talk to GOD WHO save u. from anything bad. God be with u. pray for me.
  • Ouch.. I thout it was just me... :-[

Thanx for all your help you guys..it's really really needed...

Maz
  • thanks guys, you really helped me out ;D ;D good points that ill keep in mind every time im being tempted
    lets make a deal that everyone who posted here is gonna read one chapter of the bible today, along with psalm 143 cuz my sunday school teacher recommended it, so yeah, we can do it :D

lol, now everyone wont post in my threads anymore :P

• Dear Brother.
    We have one teacher and that is the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Read the bible the first thing in the morning .. even if one passage , Then God will illumine your soul and body and you will never but the Holy Book away .

[quote author=SaviorOfMySoul link=board=4;threadid=759;start=0#msg13946 date=1099630262]
    Hi everyone,

i really, really need your help! i haven't been reading the bible for over a month now, and I haven't been praying, and I don't know what to do!
    everyday, i tell myself, ok, im gonna read the bible, right after my homework, and i never get around to it cuz i stay up so late.

i know my relationship (if there ever was one) with God is suffering, and i feel bad when i give advice to people, cuz i myself am not "stable". I need encouragement, because i know that im falling now that God's more distant. i want to put God back as my #1 priority, not my #3, or whatever it is now......

id greatly appreciate any comments ;D
  • hehe Looks like we are all in the same situation! I honestly thought I was the only one with such struggling.. I am probably the worst.
    Please pray for me guys (see the irony? lol)
  • Thank you Saviorofmysoul for bringing this up, I think it is safe to say that at one point or another in our lives we all face the same situation.

One common mistake we make sometimes that we think that our relationship with God is always constant, once you start praying and reading the Bible, you will never stop. Like a straight ýline on a graphing chart. On the contrary though, our life is more like a zigzag but what is important ýis that zigzag be tending upwards. We can examine the lives of the saints before us and notice that they faced same problems and issues as we do today were their lives would go through a lull or boredom ý(They said about St. Anthony the Great that he was getting board, St. Discouros that he thought no-one could be better than him, St. Peter who walked with Jesus for over three years, denied him, and even at the end wanted to escape death) So don't feel bad that you do. Start somewhere and ask God for help, guidance ýand ask Him to take it to the next step. Pray today and ask Him to bring you back tomorrow. It is only through His grace that we do these things and he is the distributor ýof all good things.

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him ýwho endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. " (Hebrews 12: 2-3)
  • I think we've all been through that one time or another. Try waking up a little earlier and read your Bible then and pray and you don't have to pray rite before you are going to jump into bed, pray after dinner or before you watch tv. hope this helped

God bless all!
  • Yep I agree; It is much better to pray after dinner or at a certain time than just before you sleep. It is better to give God from the time that you are the most awake! Better than praying half asleep not even know what you are saying.. I suggest the book 'Contemplation on the Thanksgiving Prayer and Psalm 51' by the Pope
    lol i cant finish my book... but im on it!
    TC