Prayers for fighting the devil

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Please pray that I can fight more firmly against the devil, against both thoughts and actions. I feel like I am falling more and more. I say he needs to stop being a loser down there and get a life.

Comments

• Hello George,

I pray that you do defeat the weakness the devil has inside you. I think with the help of the Holy Spirit you will indeed search your heart and mind. My advice would be to make a strong consence decision to halt the weakness because a true conscience is that yes means yes and no means no, so with that in mind you cease to fall into the same reactions the devil has deceived you into.

GOD bless you George.
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=11502.msg138559#msg138559 date=1306452964]
    Please pray that I can fight more firmly against the devil, against both thoughts and actions. I feel like I am falling more and more. I say he needs to stop being a loser down there and get a life.

George, we all went through this, now is the perfect time to stomp on him. Start reading the agpeya and when ever you get a bad thought read a chapter of the bible. Also, satan is not "down there" (you are referring to hell), he is roaming the earth for souls as told by the book of Job.
  • I know that, but I just wanted to make the little joke. It was bad, I know  :P

Anyway, thank you both for your responses and prayers  ;D
  • [quote author=George_Mina_Awad link=topic=11502.msg138567#msg138567 date=1306461494]
    I know that, but I just wanted to make the little joke. It was bad, I know  :P

Anyway, thank you both for your responses and prayers  ;D

LOL, don't worry about it George, i was just making sure because some people think that he is down there, and that's just wrong.

Anyways, I will keep praying for you, but you also need to pray for yourself and you must pray and read the bible. If you don't then this thread is useless.

God with you brother and may He show you the way out of Satan's snares. Amen.
  • The Lord has given us the power to tread on serpents and scorpions and upon all the powers of the enemy. Use His power and you will overcome the evil one.
  • Thank you Geomike, your post was really comforting and helpful.

Yeah, that's a great point, Unworthy. That's something that often goes sort of forgotten.
  • Psalms.

The devil dreads to hear the words of the Psalms.
  • also the devil makes work for idle hands.
    so work in the church, fix the garden for old ladies, clean the house for your parents etc. etc.
    when you arrive home tired and just eat, pray and sleep, you don't have time for so many bad thoughts.