This is what some muslims think about the burning of the Churches

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church

I pray that God will help them, because it is fearful to be in the wrath of God, psalms tells us.

Comments

• I only understood about half of it, and I still feel sick. God save Egypt from disturbed people like this man and the others like him. God protect the holy Orthodox Church of Alexandria.
  • I don't even think I can accept this as the general opinion among the Muslims, but the problem is they usually don't know better but to buy into stories like that.
  • Exactly. I have a friend from Saudi who likes Christianity a lot, but was confused when I told him that the attack on Sayidat an-Najat church in Baghdad was wrong because the Syriac Catholics in Iraq have no say in what the Copts do in Egypt, and besides the women never converted to Islam anyway. He asked "So why doesn't the Pope go on TV to tell everybody that the story is wrong?" He thought that HH was not direct enough about the issue. I tried to explain to him that there's very little that anyone can do about a lie after people have already decided that they prefer the lie to the truth. I'm not sure whether I got through to him or not.

I pray that Muslims learn to think more critically about information they hear. Lies and bile from radicals kill innocent people.
  • [quote author=dzheremi link=topic=11413.msg137711#msg137711 date=1305072893]

I pray that Muslims learn to think more critically about information they hear. Lies and bile from radicals kill innocent people.

Amen.

And btw, this isn't the general opinion of muslims (i hope), it's just an opinion by some of them. I didn't post this video so that we can get mad at the muslims and make fun of them, but to remind us that we can't stop praying.
  • Selected passages from JOHN 15:18-16:33 --

If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. . .All this I have told you so that you will not fall away.They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them. . .I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

Christ warned us of what was to come so that we would not lose hope. Let us stay firm in the faith and follow in our Master's footsteps.
  • [quote author=dzheremi link=topic=11413.msg137711#msg137711 date=1305072893]
    Exactly. I have a friend from Saudi who likes Christianity a lot, but was confused when I told him that the attack on Sayidat an-Najat church in Baghdad was wrong because the Syriac Catholics in Iraq have no say in what the Copts do in Egypt, and besides the women never converted to Islam anyway. He asked "So why doesn't the Pope go on TV to tell everybody that the story is wrong?" He thought that HH was not direct enough about the issue. I tried to explain to him that there's very little that anyone can do about a lie after people have already decided that they prefer the lie to the truth. I'm not sure whether I got through to him or not.

From reading the different online articles about the issue, I'm honestly not sure who I would side with if I were someone not affected by this, who was just learning about the situation for the first time. There's so much media out there that's scared to single out the radical groups because they don't want to offend any Muslims and live off of all that politically correct "we're all just equals, blah blah blah" garbage. During the revolution I actually saw an "expert" on CNN coming on and saying, "Oh, the Muslim Brotherhood is a moderate group. They participate in elections,...."

The news just isn't news anymore.
  • Even if the "average" muslim does not believe this trash-filled video expression, they do not protest or detract from it, either by weakness or complacency, the end result is the same:  the condone it (directly or indirectly).

The "Revolution" was nothing more than a power grab by the Brotherhood.

Those foolish, politically "savy", and "looking for love" Christians were completely wrong to participate with any Muslims, who do not have a backbone for any real justice or love for a fellow man regardless of their Creed.

There is no democracy in Egypt, and no matter how many foolish college students protested, there will never be democracy in Egypt or any Middle Eastern Country (except Israel).  For you to have democracy, requires the innate presence of human respect within your religious system.  The Judeo-Christian ideal upholds that concept.  Islam does not.
  • Even if the "average" muslim does not believe this trash-filled video expression, they do not protest or detract from it, either by weakness or complacency, the end result is the same:  the condone it (directly or indirectly).

The end resultant is that ilovesaintmark is right and there is a similar threat on your side too. I am sorry to say this: they are waiting for the opportunity they expect your systems will simply deliver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9zoy6Ux77c
    (4 parts: 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, 4-4 found in the related clips column)
    It contains the translation in English.

The Salafists (or Salafis) are the violent terrorist arm of all the Muslim extremist fanatics including the MB. For many years they have been and still are heavily supported by Saudi Arabia's Wahabi regime and its followers with oil money. They succeeded by maliciously using the otherwise good general religious character present in our populations. They consider Egypt to be an old SA colony, or part of their Kaliphate. Due to this and to the laxity of law enforcement the CO Church in Egypt is in great danger. Laws exist only as a pile of paper work, they are rarely applied justly but mainly to strangle Christians. My current view is to encourage you to make donations and to quickly sign any petition against persecutions that can put in motion useful strong political pressure on those very probably bought by SA corrupt transitional leaders.

It is crucial to understand that nowadays there is a strong organized activity against Christ and His CO Church, against HH the Pope (HH has also received death threats), the clergy and the congregation, regardless of place, position, gender or age. Strategic destructive actions of the angry Satan are very obvious.

You can surf to this page regularly for news (in Arabic):
    http://www.fcv2.com/
    You could also watch The Way TV channel, they are usually live on an event site.
    Hope TV and other channels are very good and up to date too.

May the Lord protect the Church everywhere. Amen.

GBU

PS: do you realize that they have also succeeded to 'convert' and control at least 20% of the dangerous criminals doing time in jails?
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=11413.msg137736#msg137736 date=1305107607]
    For you to have democracy, requires the innate presence of human respect within your religious system.  The Judeo-Christian ideal upholds that concept.  Islam does not.

This statement is very wise.
  • Indeed. It is sad that so many in the West who do not have the intimate experience of living with an Islamically-dominated society that Middle Eastern Christians have actually advocate for Islam under the guise of "freedom of religion". Okay, fine...Islam would certainly deserve the same consideration as any other religion, if Islam were only a religion (a set of personal beliefs about God) and did not have contained within its "sacred text" and its supporting documents (the hadith, the sira, etc.) an ideology of violent conquest that seeks the absolute subjugation and elimination of everything that is not itself. Unfortunately for everyone (and I do believe that everyone in the non-Islamic nations will realize this, sooner or later), Islam does contain all these things, so it cannot be treated the same as any other belief system. I really do believe that the violent, intolerant Islamism that is the hallmark of Islamically-dominated societies should be treated the same as any other concentrated effort at domination of ethnically, culturally, and religiously pluralistic societies (that is to say, it should be opposed vociferously).

In today's world, every society contains some minorities in one of the above aspects. Hence, Islam should not ever be allowed to be the controlling influence in any society. Would that this were anything more than my personal opinion...  :(
  • It is pathetic to find out that the bulk of the CO in the diaspora are so relaxed and so negative. It's a big deception and a shame.

Don't say that you didn't know about the major event of solidarity on the 21st of May that's happening right now in LA. This is officially organized by The Truth TV team and blessed by Father Morcos Aziz for you and for us. Aren't there any churches in LA?!

You can join those who are standing now in front of the EG Consulate in LA.

CO people of LA: you have five hours left to join the group who's gathering now for a peaceful demonstration to speak and explain the COC cause. Its aim is against burning of churches and also any persecution, like abduction of women and no arrest of the terrorist criminals, arrest of CO innocents for bargaining with the COC, killing of Christians, threats of bombing more churches without any protective measures done, shutting up the COC, etc.

People in Paris and the CO and liberal demonstrators in Egypt were much more positive and had more courage than you do.

Don't you know there were similar events in Canada, in London and in Sydney??

GBU
  • Ekhrestos anesty
    DEar all,
    That's beside the point, but I want to make this very clear: the Egyptian revolution was not related to the brotherhood by any means but the cruel Egyptian government is utilizing such a group for very mean purpose. You have to understand only when the revolution succeeded in its aims, have the brotherhood claimed the connection but not before then...
    Oujai
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=11413.msg138355#msg138355 date=1306016946]
    It is pathetic to find out that the bulk of the CO in the diaspora are so relaxed and so negative. It's a big deception and a shame.

Don't say that you didn't know about the major event of solidarity on the 21st of May that's happening right now in LA. This is officially organized by The Truth TV team and blessed by Father Morcos Aziz for you and for us. Aren't there any churches in LA?!

You can join those who are standing now in front of the EG Consulate in LA.

CO people of LA: you have five hours left to join the group who's gathering now for a peaceful demonstration to speak and explain the COC cause. Its aim is against burning of churches and also any persecution, like abduction of women and no arrest of the terrorist criminals, arrest of CO innocents for bargaining with the COC, killing of Christians, threats of bombing more churches without any protective measures done, shutting up the COC, etc.

People in Paris and the CO and liberal demonstrators in Egypt were much more positive and had more courage than you do.

Don't you know there were similar events in Canada, in London and in Sydney??

GBU

Man, you should've told me, I didn't know there was one today. Either way, I am really happy that they are having another one.
  • communication is a bit hit and miss, i've found.
    please keep us posted (times, dates) with anything u hear about these kind of events, this forum is one of many good ways to communicate about these things.
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=11413.msg138357#msg138357 date=1306017720]
    Ekhrestos anesty
    DEar all,
    That's beside the point, but I want to make this very clear: the Egyptian revolution was not related to the brotherhood by any means but the cruel Egyptian government is utilizing such a group for very mean purpose. You have to understand only when the revolution succeeded in its aims, have the brotherhood claimed the connection but not before then...
    Oujai

Completely agree. You can't just put the blame on the revolution; people of all religions and all walks of life in Egypt were going hungry with no future in sight. What did you guys want them to do? Die of hunger? Kill themselves? (a few actually did) 
    Islam had nothing to do with it, last time I checked both Muslims and Copts can go hungry. The Muslim Brotherhood had nothing to do with it neither, all they've done is joined in later. They are liars and thugs who used to make deals with the old regime.
    I blame the security and the army who have allowed these events to go on with intervention (who have they arrested? why aren't they chasing kidnapped Coptic girls?) or have even been complicit (those who died in the Moqattam protests were shot by army bullets and the thugs who attacked Maspiro were clearly classic government thugs). Anyways, you can't just take the cops and security off the streets and expect nothing to happen; there are bad people everywhere and waiting for an opportunity like this to do what they want.
    I am not arguing for Salafis or Muslim Brotherhood, they are the worst of the worst but there is no point in trying to change them, the focus has to be on the government to protect us. It is always the government's job to protect minorities against the extremists in any country. 
    I am still optimistic that things will get better eventually, Egypt has a lot of potential but needs jobs, minimum wages and a much improved education system.
    Unfortunately, Islam will continue to be a curse on Egypt, all we can hope for is that political Islam will disappear and Copts can then live in peace.
    Our inactivity and negativity, as John_S2000 said, is a shame.
  • EKhrestos anesty
    Well said pharaoh123. I'm really so glad there are Egyptian Christians who can see these things clearly and aren't deceived anymore by the liars Egyptian media and the old regime followers... but why even do we call it an old regime? May the Lord have mercy on us all and on HIs people in Egypt...
    Oujai