Holy 50 Days - Tasbeha

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Do we stop at a certain part of the commemoration during the holy 50 days? or is it just the tasbeha before the feast of resurrection ?

Comments

• we are suppose to stop after the verse that says "master kladious and theodoros" and then start at "saint of this day everyone by his name" in all the joyous days and feasts
  • I have observed that, but I can never understand the reasoning why.  Can anyone elucidate the reasoning, please?
  • i have been relenting to answer to this post before i check the books. the books say "In major and minor feasts of the Lords" (AND the Cross being considered one but not counted with the 7 and 7). the fifties are Festive days, but not major days. Anba Mettaous book, from which i have this: http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php/topic,11344.msg136830.html#msg136830 , doesn't say anything about the cutting the magma' during the fifties BUT it does include it in other feasts like the ascension (since i am working on that now).

[quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=11407.msg137737#msg137737 date=1305107673]
    I have observed that, but I can never understand the reasoning why.  Can anyone elucidate the reasoning, please?

i actualy don't know.....the only thing i can think of is they didn't wanna skip Saint Philopatir and Saint Mina's part (:P) but also couldn't break the pattern of the two choruses.....so the Qebli (south) would say Kiri Ekladios and the Baharai (north) would say ni-ethouab.....so the order was kept.