survey on your little protestant friend

dear orthodox friends,

I like reasoning and quality debates on all sorts of topics, including faith issues, and i hoped that people on this forum were like me. i have always tried to not offend anyone with my posts but it seems to me that i was not very successful at it. 
i have not posted very much on this forum, however some of the replies referring to my posts, having stigmatised me as protestant, gave me the impression that i am not very welcome among you.
here is the punch line:
would you like me to leave this forum?

you decide.

'yes' or 'no' replies would be sufficient

thank you

Comments

• What is your purpose for being here?
  • [quote author=lightening link=topic=10680.msg130237#msg130237 date=1297278446]
    i have not posted very much on this forum, however some of the replies referring to my posts, having stigmatised me as protestant, gave me the impression that i am not very welcome among you.
    that's normal.....we are very protective with our faith.

here is the punch line:
    would you like me to leave this forum?

you decide.

'yes' or 'no' replies would be sufficient

no. don't leave. it's good to have someone from the other side to hear from.....not that we'll always agree.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=10680.msg130239#msg130239 date=1297278744]
    What is your purpose for being here?

constructive debates ...if that helps and is appreciated.
    :)
  • You are more than welcome here, while you must understand that Orthodoxy does consider Protestantism, in all its varieties, to be defective in many respects.

This is no judgement on your own worth, your spirituality, or your relationship with God.
  • I didn't know you were Protestant.

I vote you stay... maybe we can convert you.

Only kidding. A little. ;)
  • My issue is always to be clear with my words, no ambiguity, for the sake of the younger cadets on this forum.

Stay on the forum, enjoy the Wisdom of the Orthodox Church.
    Grow in the gracious fatherhood that Fr. Peter extends to everyone on this forum as a guiding mentor.

• I do not know you, but I recommend staying. This forum is a true gift. Stay, read, learn, and benefit.
  • I don't want you to leave.

I agree with what many others have said here. Take advantage of these forums to learn from the depth of the Orthodox Church and its teachings and fathers.
  • Orthodoxy has a strong history of debating and discussing theology with those that believe differently, and as those that have inherited this history, we seem to agree that we want you to stay  ;D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.