Sermons by Fr. Bishoy Brownfield

I urge those who are seeking good Orthodox sermons to listen to those by Fr. Bishoy Brownfield. He was a convert to Orthodoxy and is brilliant in his explanations. They have helped me greatly and I would be selfish not to share it with those who have not heard them.

www.saintcyril.us

Note that you do need to register to access the media. To register click on the information tab and then contact.

God bless.

Comments

• It looks like you do need to register to access the media. I have just sent a registration request.

Father Peter
  • Fr. Bishoy Brownfield is a wonderful man.
    He is definitely underappreciated for his contributions.
    He is also the type that is straight and to the point.
  • ilovesaintmark, would you say he's a little intimidating.. you know, being a former body builder and all..  ::)
  • I have not been able to get an email address for him. Is anyone in contact with him and can PM me his details?
  • Fr. Bishoy is a wonderful person.  He is an American.  He is not into the Middle Eastern repetitive cordialities.

He is straight and to the point.

HE IS A COPTIC.  HE IS NOT AN EGYPTIAN IN ANY REGARD.

He is a good father in all regards.  I don't think he is intimidating at all, except when he puts a bear hug around me and I require Oxygen to resuscitate.
  • I dunno...I would think that having confession with a bodybuilder priest might make you a think a little bit harder about sinning!  ;D
  • Having registered all I get is twitter feeds. The sermons don't seem to need a registration but then I can't download them. Help!
  • Father Bishoy is AMAZING... I love his liturgies also, he actually prays them in a more of a byzantine style.

I have not been able to get an email address for him. Is anyone in contact with him and can PM me his details?

yes father, he's actually VERY hard to get hold of. The last time I talked to him he told me, he does not use emails, he does not use cell phones, he only has one phone, and its his office/home phone... he does not like to be recorded, thats why its VERY hard to find a liturgy by him, thats why I'm shocked they have sermons by him.

neshkor Allah, akhadna el baraka.
  • [quote author=dzheremi link=topic=11219.msg135612#msg135612 date=1302273125]
    I dunno...I would think that having confession with a bodybuilder priest might make you a think a little bit harder about sinning!  ;D

[quote author=TITL link=topic=11219.msg135599#msg135599 date=1302264204]
    ilovesaintmark, would you say he's a little intimidating.. you know, being a former body builder and all..  ::)

I am sorry for what I am about to say, and I know it was probably a joke,
    but  think that this way of speech is completely inappropriate for the "Coptic Orthodox Church" part of this wonderful website.
    We are supposed to put posts to strengthen our Coptic Orthodox Faith in this page.

This website was actually recommended to me by a close friend, but even he left the website because of these useless posts.
    I am almost starting to regret joining the website because I am DISGUSTED by posts like these.

I am very sorry if I offend anyone or because I singled you guys out, but this is just a general message to all of the users of Tasbeha.org
    Thank you so much and let us pray for the forgiveness of our many sins.
  • I respect your opinion, MShehata, and I apologize if I have offended you or anyone else here. I have listened to some of Fr. Brownfield's sermons before (he was recommended to me by another user of Tasbeha), and I find them to be very spiritually beneficial.

I will try to not post useless things in the future.
  • Thank you
  • I have a bad habit of being silly sometimes.

I sinned. Forgive me.
  • Just out of curiosity: to those who registered - have you received confirmation yet?

Thanks.
  • I really want to hear him now. So is that church strictly for people who speak only English?
  • I got a confirmation the same day.

I was wondering that too Jimmy. Makes sense he serves in Cali, instead of a state with only one or two COC.
  • That's good to know TITL.

There just aren't enough good Orthodox sermons online in English. I wish I was fluent in arabic! They get to benefit from the wisdom of several priests, bishops and the pope himself.

If anyone has any other resources, please share.

Also - Fr. Peter, it would be a blessing if you could upload your weekly sermons as well :)
  • I signed up last night and I was granted access!  ;D
  • Never mind, it's still not letting me on  :'(
  • I guess I got lucky!

Would it be wrong to give people access to my account on there? It's not like I have any credit card or SS info on there. :P
  • My account worked OK and I have downloaded sermons fine. If you can access the file list is the problem that you haven't got anything installed in your browser that will play a .mov file? Can you right-click and download a file?
  • I don't have time to check it out now but I guess they were able to see my 784363674745743829 failed login attempts and they emailed me saying they've fixed the problem on my account.