Good Friday at the Cathedral w/ Pope Shenouda and Ibrahim Ayad

Does footage of Good Friday at the Cathedral with Pope Shenouda and Ibrahim Ayad exist? I can always find Easter and Christmas but never Good Friday. Any help is much appreciated, I would absolutely love to find the whole service.

Comments

• [quote author=CopticChurchForever link=topic=11082.msg133967#msg133967 date=1300997755]
    Does footage of Good Friday at the Cathedral with Pope Shenouda and Ibrahim Ayad exist? I can always find Easter and Christmas but never Good Friday. Any help is much appreciated, I would absolutely love to find the whole service.

i don't think they pray in the Cathedral during that time.
  • They pray a Good Friday service (because on Easter the burial stuff is there) but I am pretty sure the Pope is in a monastery because during the week, they broadcast Pascha services of him and bishops and monks in a monastery. They once had it on Tuesday morning and a bunch of Bishops were singing Pek Ethronos. It was great  :) :)
  • Thanks for this info. Do you know if there is any video of this?
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=11082.msg133980#msg133980 date=1301000843]
    They pray a Good Friday service (because on Easter the burial stuff is there) but I am pretty sure the Pope is in a monastery because during the week, they broadcast Pascha services of him and bishops and monks in a monastery. They once had it on Tuesday morning and a bunch of Bishops were singing Pek Ethronos. It was great  :) :)

The Pope annually attends Pascha at St. Pishoy's Monastery at Wadi El-Natroun along with Ibrahim Ayad. There are a few videos on YouTube like Amanat el lis by Ibrahim Ayad and Anton Ibrahim Ayad and a Gospel reading by Ibrahim Ayad. I have an extremely rare recording of a full hour done by the Pope and Ibrahim Ayad with Bishop Abba Pisenti reading the Gospel of the hour in Coptic and Ibrahim Ayad reading the same Gospel in Arabic.
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=11082.msg134008#msg134008 date=1301011879]
    [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=11082.msg133980#msg133980 date=1301000843]
    They pray a Good Friday service (because on Easter the burial stuff is there) but I am pretty sure the Pope is in a monastery because during the week, they broadcast Pascha services of him and bishops and monks in a monastery. They once had it on Tuesday morning and a bunch of Bishops were singing Pek Ethronos. It was great  :) :)

The Pope annually attends Pascha at St. Pishoy's Monastery at Wadi El-Natroun along with Ibrahim Ayad. There are a few videos on YouTube like Amanat el lis by Ibrahim Ayad and Anton Ibrahim Ayad and a Gospel reading by Ibrahim Ayad. I have an extremely rare recording of a full hour done by the Pope and Ibrahim Ayad with Bishop Abba Pisenti reading the Gospel of the hour in Coptic and Ibrahim Ayad reading the same Gospel in Arabic.

hmmm......share it?!
  • ohhh ok, can you please send me a copy of this video?
  • I second that!
  • I would also love a copy of that. This is what I have:

and

http://www.stmarkla.org/index.php/media/40-holy-pascha-week-baramous

If anyone has anything else, please share the love :)

Pray for me to live in the presence of our Father always.
  • [quote author=baladoos link=topic=11082.msg134013#msg134013 date=1301015419]
    ohhh ok, can you please send me a copy of this video?

[quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=11082.msg134014#msg134014 date=1301015666]
    I second that!

[quote author=Tishori link=topic=11082.msg134031#msg134031 date=1301022541]
    I would also love a copy of that. This is what I have:

and

http://www.stmarkla.org/index.php/media/40-holy-pascha-week-baramous

If anyone has anything else, please share the love :)

Pray for me to live in the presence of our Father always.

Each one of you, PM me your email addresses and I will send you the FULL Pascha prayer (I don't know of which hour, I've been too lazy to figure it out :P)
  • Whoever wants the video, please PM to me their email address. I will try to send along the other video of El Muallim Ibrahim reading an Arabic Gospel by himself too.
  • انجيل البصخة للمعلم ابراهيم
    For those that can't read Arabic, that's the link of Muallim Ibrahim Ayad reading an Arabic Gospel. Anyone that wants the rarer video with the Pope during Pascha needs to PM me their email addresses.
  • بسخة لقداسة البابا شنودة

The Hour of Pascha with Pope Shenouda and Cantor Ibrahim Ayad
  • is there sound?
  • Yep, there is sound, I just downloaded it & it has sound
  • I would just like to say thank you to the administrators of this site for uploading the latest album!!! Kind of disappointed that there is no Ibrahim Ayad rendition of Lamentations, but this is almost exactly what I was looking for, and in great quality!
  • [quote author=CopticChurchForever link=topic=11082.msg135425#msg135425 date=1302150656]
    Ibrahim Ayad rendition of Lamentations....

doesn't exist.... :)
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=11082.msg135428#msg135428 date=1302151861]
    [quote author=CopticChurchForever link=topic=11082.msg135425#msg135425 date=1302150656]
    Ibrahim Ayad rendition of Lamentations....

doesn't exist.... :)

Yup, I was beginning to think that, lol