Valentine With Jesus

edited February 2011 in Random Issues
Hey all! I'd just like to share this Valentine Poem, someone I know found this on a website.
Happy Valentine to all the lovely tasbeha.org members and have a blessed, peaceful, lovely day!  :)

Jesus does not send perfume
To linger in the air
Instead He sends salvation, sweet
To show how much He cares.

He doesn’t bring me candy hearts
In boxes of delight
Instead He always lets me know
I’m precious in His sight.

He doesn’t send out pretty cards
Trimmed in shades of red
Instead He gave His life for me
His precious blood was shed.

He doesn’t hand out fancy gifts
Like we would send to mother
Instead He sends a message clear
To always love each other.

He doesn’t give me teddy bears
That whimper, “please be mine”
Instead He gave His heart to me
I wear it all the time.

He doesn’t give me roses, pink
For all the world to see
Instead He gave eternal life
That’s good enough for me!

Gb

Comments

• Very nice poem thanks +marmar+.

Happy Valentine to all the lovely tasbeha.org members and have a blessed, peaceful, lovely day!

Thanks! Happy Valentine to all.

GBU
  • WOW, you sure know your way around English. Good job. God bless.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=10707.msg130641#msg130641 date=1297655941]
    WOW, you sure know your way around English. Good job. God bless.

ehm, I didnt make this poem geomike[quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10707.msg130627#msg130627 date=1297629656]
    someone I know found this on a website.

Lol! Happy Valentine!

Gb
  • Aww....nice poem!!!

Since its Valentines day, I am going to say:

~I love you, Tasbeha.org
    Because you provide us with the most beautiful hymns and the most precious community

~I love you, Members of Tasbeha
    Because you represent our faith, that we protectively care about and all of you share information that we can learn about (Lives of Saints, ect.)

~I love you, Father Peter
    As I am sure that everyone does, because you are so special to all of our hearts.Priests give ups so much of their lives to God, thats why I respect them a lot!

~I love you, Orthodox Church
    You give me the connection I need to God. You allowed me to live my life with Jesus in your tender and most holy alter and allowed us to praise harmonious hymns to the most high Lord

~I love you, saints
    Without your holy and virtuous, and sacrificing lives, we as true Christians, would not have examples to live upon. And have no connection to heaven. You always help us when we ask for your intercessions in times of need.

~I love you, Christianity
    Because you gave me a bonus to be born with God and to grow up learning more about Him through your faith.

~I love you, Mom and Dad (SO MUCH!)
    Because you care about me with all your hearts and you are the most important people to me on earth, without you in my lives, I would have been a miserable person. You gave me life and since that day, you have always been on my side, disciplining me to the right path and teaching me the ways of God. I love you more than anything in my life (with the exception of God, of course).

~I love you Sunday School
    Yes, I am still in Sunday school, but despite of all the homework you gave me over the years, I was happy for doing anything that has to do with learning more about God, my lord.

~But MOST IMPORTANTLY, I love you so much God!!!!!!!!!!!
    You have given me too many blessings in my life. I consider myself the most luckiest person on earth but also the most unworthy of the blessings. He has died and suffered and won us our salvation to allow us to live with Him in heaven. You gave me everything that I do not deserve from You, but you gave me life.
    You allowed me to speak to you everyday. You gave me the best parents, you gave me the best religion and faith and you gave me a chance to live even though I almost didn't. You are my favorite person to talk to and you are everything I am living for. You are the only God I believe in and I know that I will always continue to live with you. I have a strong desire to learn more and more and more, I want to forget everything in the world and want to ignore all of the things that happen in the world and only think about you.
    You are my strength, my hope and my salvation in life. You are my only goal, to reach you and live eternity with you.
    The love you gave to me is NOTHING compared to the love of anything else, not marriage, not mother and daughter not father and son, not husband and wife, not anything.

BEcause I know that you are the one that created us with your own hands in your own image out of the love for us. The biggest proof is that you died for us, to allow us to live. God, please help me to learn please!!!!!!
    Thank you for everything that you have done for us.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone. I am in a state that I have no hatred towards anything now, I love everything and everyone in this world.

♥Happy Valentines Day ♥
  • [quote author=CopticStrength link=topic=10707.msg130654#msg130654 date=1297701756]
    Aww....nice poem!!!

Since its Valentines day, I am going to say:

~I love you, Tasbeha.org
    Because you provide us with the most beautiful hymns and the most precious community

~I love you, Members of Tasbeha
    Because you represent our faith, that we protectively care about and all of you share information that we can learn about (Lives of Saints, ect.)

~I love you, Father Peter
    As I am sure that everyone does, because you are so special to all of our hearts.

~I love you, Orthodox Church
    You give me the connection I need to God. You allowed me to live my life with Jesus in your tender and most holy alter and allowed us to praise harmonious hymns to the most high Lord

~I love you, saints
    Without your holy and virtuous, and sacrificing lives, we as true Christians, would not have examples to live upon. And have no connection to heaven. You always help us when we ask for your intercessions in times of need.

~I love you, Christianity
    Because you gave me a bonus to be born with God and to grow up learning more about Him through your faith.

~I love you, Mom and Dad (SO MUCH!)
    Because you care about me with all your hearts and you are the most important people to me on earth, without you in my lives, I would have been a miserable person. You gave me life and since that day, you have always been on my side, disciplining me to the right path and teaching me the ways of God. I love you more than anything in my life (with the exception of God, of course).

~I love you Sunday School
    Yes, I am still in Sunday school, but despite of all the homework you gave me over the years, I was happy for doing anything that has to do with learning more about God, my lord.

~I love you Abouna K. and Abouna A.
    I love you both of you because you are so kind and generous when giving us wisdom, you teach us the ways of God and you both help me to understand things that I have not understood before. Thank you Abouna K. for being my spiritual father, you have taught me things that I treasure, you have guided me through tough and hard situations and you have been patient with me. Thanks Abouna A. for being the Abouna for the youth teaching us hymns!!

~But MOST IMPORTANTLY, I love you so much God!!!!!!!!!!!
    You have given me too many blessings in my life. I consider myself the most luckiest person on earth but also the most unworthy of the blessings. He has died and suffered and won us our salvation to allow us to live with Him in heaven. You gave me everything that I do not deserve from You, but you gave me life.
    You allowed me to speak to you everyday. You gave me the best parents, you gave me the best religion and faith and you gave me a chance to live even though I almost didn't. You are my favorite person to talk to and you are everything I am living for. You are the only God I believe in and I know that I will always continue to live with you. I have a strong desire to learn more and more and more, I want to forget everything in the world and want to ignore all of the things that happen in the world and only think about you.
    You are my strength, my hope and my salvation in life. You are my only goal, to reach you and live eternity with you.
    The love you gave to me is NOTHING compared to the love of anything else, not marriage, not mother and daughter not father and son, not husband and wife, not anything.

BEcause I know that you are the one that created us with your own hands in your own image out of the love for us. The biggest proof is that you died for us, to allow us to live. God, please help me to learn please!!!!!!
    Thank you for everything that you have done for us.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone. I am in a state that I have no hatred towards anything now, I love everything and everyone in this world.

♥Happy Valentines Day ♥

Awwwww, that's more beauiful than the poem, wonderful! I agree with everything u said here
    except abouna k and a. cause i dunno who those are lol, but yet i love all priests.
    I wish that everyone here of us, including myself, could love God and everything u mentioned here like u do!! God = LOVE!  :)

Please coptic strength, pray for me, and for ALL tasbeha members for everyone
    and the same thing i will ask to  Fr Peter all the other members: Pray for each other please!!

Thank u so much, that will make a lot of sense!!!! :)

God bless everyone for ever until the end!

Loves,
    and ♥ Happy Valentine ♥
    and wish u a lot of love, not just today, lol

mar
  • Of course I will pray for you!  ;)

Everything I said, is not just words, I truely feel it inside me. I have a desire for christ and learning more about him, and while I do, it makes me love everything in this world and life we live in so much more. Dispite the difficulties there are in life.

Oh, and Abouna K and Abouna A are only the most kindest, best and funniest priests EVER (no offense to ANYONE). They are awesome.

I need to add a addition to my list:
    I love you Marmar, for being the most kindest and sincere person I know from the computer. Lol.  :D

Happy Jonah's Fast and Valintines Day.
  • How about me?
    I am king od serious... ;)
    Just kidding. I love you all.
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril
  • [quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10707.msg130645#msg130645 date=1297686302]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=10707.msg130641#msg130641 date=1297655941]
    WOW, you sure know your way around English. Good job. God bless.

ehm, I didnt make this poem geomike[quote author=+marmar+ link=topic=10707.msg130627#msg130627 date=1297629656]
    someone I know found this on a website.

Lol! Happy Valentine!

Gb

Lol, sorry didn't read the first line just skipped right to the poem. Either way it's really nice, lol.
  • Okay, I have been unable to restrain myself from answering any longer.  Sorry to destroy all the mushy love stuff in this thread but I actually hate Valentine's Day, with a passion.  I think it's the silliest and most superficial day of the year.  Next to Christmas, I wouldn't be surprised if it's tied for 1st place in suicide rates going up, in fact, I think it is.  You can and SHOULD love God with all your heart every single day of the year, as you should your parents, priest, everyone else around you.  You should express that to them on a daily basis.  I think what often happens is we "love" everyone on Valentine's Day and the rest of the year, it's totally different (we don't necessarily hate other people, but we surely don't show our love to people either)...just my opinion.
  • [quote author=CopticStrength link=topic=10707.msg130675#msg130675 date=1297730698]
    Of course I will pray for you!  ;)

Everything I said, is not just words, I truely feel it inside me. I have a desire for christ and learning more about him, and while I do, it makes me love everything in this world and life we live in so much more. Dispite the difficulties there are in life.

Oh, and Abouna K and Abouna A are only the most kindest, best and funniest priests EVER (no offense to ANYONE). They are awesome.

I need to add a addition to my list:
    I love you Marmar, for being the most kindest and sincere person I know from the computer. Lol.  :D

Happy Jonah's Fast and Valintines Day.

Hahaha, you really made my day today  :D
    I know, it's very clear that you truely feel what u said, I admire your love for Christ and I wish I could do the same!
    Your'e right, dispite the many many difficulties there are in life, we have to try to Love, and to thank God in any way, like the saints do!

Makes me wanna know your 2 abouna's, give my greetings to them  ;)
    Haha, am not the most kindest person, nor sincere lol! But thank u anway, love you to my sis :p
    yer in my prayers 2

Cyril! Of course we all love u 2! :)
    GBU

God loves me. hahah, yes you are right that we should love God and everyone on everyday not just on valentines day. But today it's not valentines anymore, and I still love everyone as I did yesterday  ;)
    It's not necesseray a very important day, but it's just a day to give just that bit extra love, dunno, lol.

Okay, from now on: we're gonna love eachother EvEry day okay? And trying to make this love truth in deeds, not just words.

Have a nice day everyone!

GB
  • Hey, hey, now. Who said that I ment just on valentine's day?

Of course I love everyone and everything everytime of everyday.

I just got to the state that I love everything now.I just ment no more hatred in my life, not because  valentines day, but becasue I enjoy everything God has done for me. I love him, therefore, love everything he has made.

MarMar, my sis, and Cyril, my brother, please pray for me as I am praying for you!

Okay, from now on: we're gonna love eachother EvEry day okay? And trying to make this love truth in deeds, not just words.

I promise on that!!!!!
  • [quote author=CopticStrength link=topic=10707.msg130699#msg130699 date=1297785889]
    Hey, hey, now. Who said that I ment just on valentine's day?

Of course I love everyone and everything everytime of everyday.

I just got to the state that I love everything now.I just ment no more hatred in my life, not because  valentines day, but becasue I enjoy everything God has done for me. I love him, therefore, love everything he has made.

MarMar, my sis, and Cyril, my brother, please pray for me as I am praying for you!

I promise on that!!!!!

Sure, yer in my prayers sista! :)

Gb
  • I LOVE you guys.
    GB, PFM,
    Cyril
  • [quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=10707.msg130717#msg130717 date=1297805314]
    I LOVE you guys.
    GB, PFM,
    Cyril

We too :)

God with you,