Picture

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi guys,
Does anyone have the first picture in the video?

In my opinion, this looks like the best picture in the history of pictures...
I love. It looks soo cool.
Thanks,
God bless, Pray for me,
Cyril

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=10676.msg130188#msg130188 date=1297216782]
    dunno why, but i feel like its not a... good picture.

I agree, it doesn't show the truth.  The devil was triumphed over at the Cross, Jesus is Lord and King :)

But I can understand DimyanCoptic's feelings.
  • I know that it is not a verry "good" picture, but it looks cool.
    I don't know. I like it.
    If any of you have it, please, can I have it too?
    Thanks,
    God bless, Pray for me,
    Cyril
  • I do not like this picture at all because it puts satan equal to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ  >:(
  • It could be referring to the battle over our hearts, rather than the battle for power.

In that case, sadly, sometimes satan does win.

Pray for me,

Chris
  • Personally I would not ever want to see it. I find it disturbing. It is not Orthodox.
  • i think its blasphemous!!! why should one give so much honour to the devil as to show him on equal footage with the Creator of the universe??!!! disgusting!!
  • I didn't want to be so direct, but yes, I also find it disgusting and blasphemous.
  • further more, Jesus Christ is God and He is utterly holly!!
    no sinful creature can come in his presence without being incinerated by his holiness, apart from the shield of the cross.
    who can imagine such a thing... epitome of evil hand in hand with perfect holiness!
    God have mercy on us!

• I find the entire video disturbing.

We really ought to remove that loser from Egypt.

• First of all, I agree with AikotiEnsok.
    Second of all, what loser should we remove from Egypt?
    Are you talking about Antoun Ayad? What did he do?
    Cyril
  • It is very disturbing and I agree it's blasphemous, though it's like the reality of the ongoing struggle between good and evil, that satan is fighting very hard against mankind and against the Church. Perhaps the artist meant the struggling Church to be represented as members of the Lord's Body but he conveys a wrong and highly inappropriate image.

I don't think cantor Antoun Ayad is the one who prepared this video.

GBU
  • His voice, not his video.
    Cyril
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=10676.msg130577#msg130577 date=1297534276]
    It is very disturbing and I agree it's blasphemous, though it's like the reality of the ongoing struggle between good and evil, that satan is fighting very hard against mankind and against the Church. Perhaps the artist meant the struggling Church to be represented as members of the Lord's Body but he conveys a wrong and highly inappropriate image.

GBU

i like your positive/insightful approach John. i think this is the only 'blasphemy free' interpretation. however we ought to be more specific when posting such images. one must differentiate between Jesus Christ as the divine person of the trinity and his church as his body. otherwise we get carried away onto dangerous grounds before we realise.

on a different note, lets give the original poster a break. we all have to learn from our mistakes and i think he's got the point by now!!
    :)
  • I get it...
  • The first thing that came to my mind when I saw it, was the temptation on the mount; however, even that, it was nothing like what is depicted here... I think it would be ok if Jesus was beating him with his pinky :D
  • [quote author=the_least link=topic=10676.msg130674#msg130674 date=1297729026]
    The first thing that came to my mind when I saw it, was the temptation on the mount; however, even that, it was nothing like what is depicted here... I think it would be ok if Jesus was beating him with his pinky :D

Hahaha I agree with you on that one
  • The extremism on this site really annoys me.

It's a picture, depicting the fight between good and evil, which as very real and ongoing. If our Lord were to be beating him with a pinky, no matter how great that would be, it would not be a true interpretation of the world as it is today. We all aould love for the Lord to win us over all the time, but that is just not the case most of the time, and that is what is being depicted. The Lord does struggle, but not to defeat the devil, as the devil is already chained in an endless pit (Revelation), but he struggles for our hearts. I believe the picture is just an accurate depiction of reality, and reality can truly be disgusting sometimes. If one person on this site can honestly tell me that Jesus always wins the fight over their thoughts and actions 100% of the time, then I will be quiet. As for me, sadly, I know He loses much more often then He wins.

Forgive me, but the extremism and piousness of many of the recent posts on this site, which was once a beautiful tool for my spiritual life, have been leading me closer and closer to just quit here. It just makes me so ANGRY.

Once again, please forgive me,

Chris

• @Alkoti: if the extremism in this site makes you want to quit, may i gently remind you that such is life, full of extremes. wherever you go you will find extremes! even our ideal comfort bubble has its own extremes! why would you expect this site to be an exception, my friend?..
    you will find that quitting here may only be a temporary 'solution'. Maybe we need extreme challenges sometimes so that we grow in the likeness of our Saviour. Jesus Christ himself chose to dwell in such a context, full of extremes. it is our privilege to follow in his footsteps.
    maybe the question is 'choosing' the extremes that we can most benefit from, instead of trying to run away from them. aspiring for an extreme-less life here on earth is like trying to get hold of the mirage on the horizon. Needless to say that the horizon itself is the epitome of extreme-ness! reality which we will never be able to escape. And it doesn't stop here... if we consider that the the level of joy we will experience in the full presence of the glory of God is extreme and everlasting, we can probably assert that we are made for extremes and extremes are made for us.
    as for being annoyed  by extremism, it is utterly understandable, but this has more to do with the human corruptness that has infiltrated our extreme nature. this theoretical framework may help us understand that 'extremism' is intrinsically consonant with human nature, hence not evil, and that the discomfort we feel as reaction to extremism is our natural response to 'extremised' corruptness (follen-ness) and not to extremism itself.
    so, don't lose heart my friend! be strong and try to make the most of the extremes you are facing in life, be it on this site...

• awesome post! very deep and also beautiful.

chris, don't leave, you are a valuable member here and i look forward to your posts.