CNN interview with "Radical" islamic leader

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2011/02/01/exp.ps.imam.adjem.choudary.cnn
This video was actually played in the US on CNN with this guy claiming that Islamic Fundamentalism and Sharia law are the only way that would work for these countries. He is a straight up terrorist arguing with Eliot Spitzer that this is actually an islamic revolution and goes on to say that islam is slowly taking over Europe even.  It was pretty disturbing that this guy was talking with such clear terrorism on live american TV. Please share your thoughts.

Comments

• Wow... just wow. i don't understand where he even gets these thoughts from!
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=10617.msg129412#msg129412 date=1296664446]
    Wow... just wow. i don't understand where he even gets these thoughts from!

Islam is taking over Europe. Muslims cannot live in a democracy. Their version of democracy is not like ours. They want public swimming pools for muslim women only. They don't understand when we tell them that this is discrimination.

They just don't get it.

I don't think Islam and western values can mix. I really don't.

I think its best they take Egypt, Turkey, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Yemen, Dubai, Palestine and Namibia, but that they leave Europe alone.

Seriously. Let's just face facts and tell them politely: Look, our cultures just don't get along. There's nothing with that. It doesn't mean you're evil.. it doesn't mean we hate you.. we're just different.

That's it... and then close the door on all islamic immigration in US/Canada/Australia and Europe.
  • If you knew the background of Anjem Choudrey you wouldn't even give him a second thought.  Choudrey is on the far extreme of Islamic thinking and, pardon my rudeness, a big mouth living in British.  He is just a mouthpiece of absurd and asinine ideologies.  He has no connection with the Egyptian movement.  It is sad that news corporations continue to seek out interviews with radical clerics with no influence just for ratings.
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=10617.msg129413#msg129413 date=1296667418]
    [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=10617.msg129412#msg129412 date=1296664446]

Seriously. Let's just face facts and tell them politely: Look, our cultures just don't get along. There's nothing with that. It doesn't mean you're evil.. it doesn't mean we hate you.. we're just different.

That's it... and then close the door on all islamic immigration in US/Canada/Australia and Europe.

and that is how you start a nuclear war!
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=10617.msg129420#msg129420 date=1296670863]
    [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=10617.msg129413#msg129413 date=1296667418]
    [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=10617.msg129412#msg129412 date=1296664446]

and that is how you start a nuclear war!

No! That's how you avoid it!!

There's NOTHING wrong with saying: Look, i don't want to offend you, but I feel our values , our way of life is so different than your values and your ways of life, therefore, for the sake of peace, we feel its best to keep Turkey out of Europe, and muslims out of Europe.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT!!??

• Sasi,

So you summarily write-off Egypt?
    Egypt will never be a full Islamic State.  Our Lord walked, ate, and played while he resided in this Blessed country.
    He will not allow it to happen.

Would Isaiah have to be appended [incorrectly]:  'Out of the Islamic Republic of Egypt, I have called my son.'
    The King of Kings will not allow it to happen.
    I am sure of it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I thought Spitzer seemed insecure in answering this guy.  He was not sure of his facts and tried to sound very
    set with his words.  I disagree, I think the Choudry guy really chewed up Spitzer.

Spitzer is dreaming if he thinks this revolution relates to the middle class.
  • Choudry had a concerted set of facts and dates.  [His thoughts and conclusions were wrong.]

Spitzer was dazed by these details because he does not have any background of the quoted points by
    Choudry.  Spitzer's body language and insecurity in discussion came forward.  More importantly, he
    allowed Choudry to establish dominance.  Spitzer felt it necessary to keep apologizing.  By saying:  "with
    all due respect" on a repeated basis, identifies an inability to post comments and facts on par with the
    opponent.  When you are in a debate or an argument you do not allow your opponent to establish dominance.
    You have to keep the person on edge.

Go back and look at the video, you will see it in Spitzer's body language as compared to Choudry who is poised
    and with a strong posture sitting to show disdain for Spitzer.
  • I only saw the very end of this, when the CNN guy told him you clearly have your own version of history, so I'll be sure to send you some correct factual information or something along those lines. It caught my attention because I was in a public place and at first I thought it was a  priest lol.
  • I feel that spitzer was a little rude, the muslim radical acted more classy than him, that's what surprised me, and i agree with ilsm. I don't think spitzer even had the slightest clue of what he was talking about, which is why he resorted to this kind of rude rhetoric.
  • Hahaha. Yeah, Dimyan..."Islamic Radical" and "classy" just don't go together!

Zoxsasi: The flaw behind your solution is to think that Muslims would accept any such thing. Did the Christian forces politely turn them away at Lepanto? Or when re-taking Spain? Nope. Unfortunately the Muslims, in their desire to prove that God gives them the right to the entire world, always forced us into confrontation in the West even when we didn't want it. The Visigoths had done nothing to antagonize them into attacking Spain, but they did anyway and then they complained to high heaven when they were kicked out 700 years later. I fear for the world what might happen if we are goaded into a similar situation by radical Islamists like this Choudry bonehead, but there's nothing in the history of Christian-Muslim relations in Europe that says it won't happen. (And today Europe basically has no Christian faith left outside of its immigrant communities like the Copts, Assyrians, and others, so I'm afraid what Choudry says may happen, even if he is an insane person.)
  • Thanks for the link!
    I thought,it was demeaning and insulting to Muslims to refer to Islam as an ideology rather than a pure faith ,because it would then mean nothing less than other ideologies such us fascism,marxism, nazisim or satanism. All ideologies are based on the human observation of human and social progress.They are not inspired by Divine revelation.But,the British zealot,who convienently avoided answering why he is living in an infidel Britain did inadvertently admit that islam was an ideology (at 8;52m), something we knew all along,of course.
  • Hi Everyone,

Sorry if I'm not awake, but could you kindly summarise your points of view? What exactly in my opinion do you agree with??

I think I mentioned something about Muslims should not be allowed in Europe - I take it you all disagree??
  • I would like to contrast the CNN interview with Choudry vs. the FOX News interview with Hannity.
    Hannity is in a lot more command and is able to call Choudry out on issues.  Hannity has a lot more background than Spitzer, and it comes forward with his delivery.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/transcript/radical-imam039s-warning-america-039islam-coming-your-backyard039
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10617.msg129669#msg129669 date=1296856005]
    I would like to contrast the CNN interview with Choudry vs. the FOX News interview with Hannity.
    Hannity is in a lot more command and is able to call Choudry out on issues.  Hannity has a lot more background than Spitzer, and it comes forward with his delivery.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/transcript/radical-imam039s-warning-america-039islam-coming-your-backyard039

If you want to see a good interview with a CNN anchor and Anjem Choudry google "Fareed Zakaria and Anjem Chourdry".  Fareed Zakaria is is an excellent journalist and doesn't accept Choudry's nonsense.
  • Pakistani to Pakistani.  They understand each other.
    I will look it up.
  • Abu M,

Do you have a link? or do I have to actually look for it?
  • ilovesiantmark,

It is an interesting interview.The whole clip is at;
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10617.msg129679#msg129679 date=1296859040]
    Abu M,

Do you have a link? or do I have to actually look for it?

Sorry here are the links:

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko0qQJMN_dk

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1UFD2g3o6A
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10617.msg129678#msg129678 date=1296858574]
    Pakistani to Pakistani.  They understand each other.
    I will look it up.

Fareed Zakaria is a Konkani Muslim from India, not Pakistan. I agree it's a good interview, though. I've always liked Mr. Zakaria's work.