Shocking News!! Voice of Copts want to Arrest Mubarak!!!!???

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Can someone explain this to me?

http://www.pakistanchristianpost.com/headlinenewsd.php?hnewsid=2608

Philadelphia: February 4, 2011. (PCP) Dr. Nazir S Bhatti, Chief of Pakistan Christian Congress PCC urged US administration to consider due participation of Coptic Christian in new transitional power structure of Egypt.

“It is surprising that Coptic Christian being 15% of population of Egypt are entirely forgotten in new power sharing formula” said Dr. Bhatti

The Coptic Christians are a persecuted community and face violence by extremists Muslims on religion grounds and its very important that when Egypt is shaping up for new democratic era Coptic Christian’s participation can shape Egypt as real democratic state said Nazir Bhatti

PCC Chief waned that any transitional council formed comprising of Egyptian military generals shall fall short to comply with democratic norms but a council in participation with political parties and Coptic Christians shall be a way forward to true spirit of democracy.

It will be very important to bring Muslim Brotherhood in mainstream democratic process and given participation in transitional team to lineout legal framework and responsibilities of every political and religious group in Egypt.

Nazir Bhatti said “Pakistani Christians have grave concerns for Coptic Christians and rising violence against them on hands of radical Muslims and now its time to protect their rights of religious freedom through setting their constitutional equal rights.

Meanwhile, Voice of Copts, a representative body of Coptic Christians Diaspora in USA, also having office in Italy have given an international call to arrest Mubarak.

Dr. Ashraf Ramelah, President of Voice of Copts have issues a press statement saying that in light of the information reaching our office that the Egyptian regime has escalated violence against demonstrators and foreigner journalists.

Voice of the Copts strongly condemns the use of weapons by regime police and Special Forces in plain clothes who are riding horses and camels to control the crowds in El- Tahrir square.

The failing dictator and his regime have shown their true neo- Nazi face as he uses violence against his own people to protect his own interests.

After thirty years under the rule of an oppressive fascist regime the demonstrators which are now asking for their freedom in the streets must have the support of the entire free world.

The safety of the Egyptian people as well as the historic treasure of ancient Egypt which have now been vandalized by the hand of the Mubarak regime is the responsibility of the entire free world.

Voice of the Copts demands an international coalition to intervene immediately to protect Egyptian civilians and to arrest Mubarak along with his neo-Nazi regime members and bring them to international criminal court.

Furthermore, we ask the entire world leaders to close all Egyptian diplomatic offices in their countries because the actual Egyptian embassies personnel are part of Mubarak's neo-Nazi regime, and they are not representative of the Egyptian people.

========================

What on earth!!!???

Is this for real?

Comments

• No.

Participation of the Coptic Christians in Egypt would be welcome by all Copts in case the MB reach a status of becoming officially approved - but it's not a practical approach since the majority of Egyptians do not approve pure religion-based political parties. Many Egyptians who are Christians are in fact members within the currently different active political parties.

As for the 'voice of Copts' let me tell you:
    - When did you ever ask this group to represent all of the diaspora? We didn't anyway.
    - Christians are not persecuted by Mubarak who intervened in person on numerous occasions to help get many of our rights, but by the extremists who have also infiltrated the leading positions in the previous police system, whose sticky previous minister and his team are now blocked, under arrest and being interrogated for high treason conspiracy charges.
    - About the few horses and camels, they came from a close by touristic village to help convince the protesters to leave Tahrir square because their tourism business was seriously affected.

Why do you let propaganda work out its dubious agenda on you without concrete confirmation?

GBU
  • We should not believe ANYTHING the media tell us. Especially the BBC. But all media outlets have an agenda.
  • I think John_2000 has very logical points.
  • isn't 'voice of copts' that organisation which has very little to do with the coptic church but is quite active politically? i don't think we should be too concerned.
  • The Pope made it clear that we shouldn't get into politics. The Church by itself DOES NOT have a stand against or with someone BUT Egyptians as citizens have the right to choose. So it is unacceptable and totally wrong to use the name of the Church rather than the freedom of individuals as citizens of Egypt.
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=10638.msg129638#msg129638 date=1296836877]

“It is surprising that Coptic Christian being 15% of population of Egypt are entirely forgotten in new power sharing formula” said Dr. Bhatti

Exactly, this was my thought too!

Look at the BBC, CNN and Co. there is nothing reported about the Coptic case. You don't see Coptic guests represented in talk-shows or interviews. They seem to forget that the New Year massacre at Alexanderia was the driving motor behind all the current uprisings in the so-called "Arab World". What a pathetic world!

"Muslims Attack Two Christian Families in Egypt, 11 Killed"

http://www.aina.org/news/20110202205758.htm
  • The BBC cannot be trustede. It has been entirely compromised. The head of religious broadcasting, for instance, is a Muslim.
  • Are you guys serious? This sounds like Egyptian State TV propaganda. How are you guys shocked about this? Mubarak should be executed for his crimes against the demonstrators and his 70 billion dollars he has stolen from the Egyptian should be stripped from him and distributed to Egyptians. Also, what propaganda are you guys talking about? CNN has just run a segment talking about Copts in Egypt. Also the lack of coverage for the murder of Copts, that is due to the fact that 300 people have been killed elsewhere.I am not undermining this massacre at all but just a few days ago there was a bigger one going on in front of thousands of cameras in Tahrir sq. by Mubarak's goons. And FYI, those who attacked the demonstrators are not just angry people, a large amount of them were apprehended by demonstrators and they all had either police or the ruling party's membership ID cards. Many of them also confessed they were paid to do so or were threatened to lose their jobs. I'm afraid you guys might be the only non-paid supporters of Mubarak. Sorry for the length of this post. God bless
  • the clash of the media... I dont trust either one... but yet I watch both.

but I will tell you this... prove what you are saying!

CNN says things... Egyptian News says one thing... Al Jazeera News says one thing (and also mentions "all together with the fall of Egypt" on their website, and prove... they actually apologized about it)

the truth is in the middle somewhere, but you have to look through the lies of both medias... and search for the right news yourself, buy talking to Egyptians, and seeing what they say.

otherwise dont throw allegations at a person, when you cannot prove what you say!

neshkor Allah akhadna el baraka...
  • Everyone I hear from Egypt says that they don't want Mubarek to go, certainly not in a hurry.

Everyone I hear from Egypt says that those protesting and appearing on the Western news are a small minority of the population.

I do not trust the Western media at all. I do not trust their analysis. I do not trust their agenda. The could not care less what happens in Egypt.
  • @SuperMAN
    Proof that pro-Mubarak thugs are paid: http://observers.france24.com/content/20110204-i-was-paid-5000-pounds-wreak-havoc-cairo-protests-egypt-mubarak-baltgias
    The Mubarak government has used resistance to democracy that is typical and predictable of dictatorships. Just look at an example of this regime's brutality:

and even worse:

Also, Fater Peter, with all due respect I believe I believe you are gravely wrong; Over 5 million combined people came out yesterday to protest against the regime in Egypt, how is this not a popular movement? Btw, blaming the media, foreigners and islamists sounds a lot like the Egyptian propaganda that I have found characteristic of Communist Russia, China and Nazi Germany.
    I find it insulting and appalling that some people here are criticizing the protesters when all they've done is ask for a new leader, he's been there for 30 yrs, this is a democracy not a kingdom, there have been 5 US presidents during that time and look at where they are and where Egyptians are.
  • in a country with all the police leaving the country as you mentioned before in a post... it is SO HARD to steal a police car?!!! hmmm?!

and I can easily call any news room and say I was paid 200 dollars for every time I post pro Mubarak posts on this website called Tasbeha.org... is it true?! they will show the story... they will write about the story!!!

plus the second video, this car was among the people... it was from among them, and the camera was focused on it the whole time, because of the cameraman's prophetic videography!

again we all agree news is not to be trusted, so get solid proof, court cases, anything that was identified as wrong, and if the president did so much, you shouldn't have a hard time finding them.

neshkor Allah, akhadna el baraka
  • What?!! What about all those ID cards apprehended? I have never thought a Christian man would condemn democracy. The protectors aren't asking for a lot, they just want a dictator they have never elected to leave so that they may elect a true leader. Egypt's economy is booming but it has a high poverty rate and the highest unemployment rate for graduates . Where does all that money go? Maybe Mubarak's billions of dollars a logical explanation. I don't know where you live SuperBam but if you do not live in Egypt I believe you have no right to dismiss the difficult situation Egyptians have endured under Mubarak.
  • If 5 million people are protesting then 75 million are not.

Let me tell you that democracy is not the answer to the world's problems. Indeed more often than not it merely aggravates already problematic situations. It took 400 years for the democracy in England to reach the state it is in now, and it is not very healthy or democractic at all.

Democracy cannot just be switched on in a country. Hitler came to power through democracy.
  • So Father Peter what you're suggesting is that the Egyptian people stand back through dire poverty, hunger and frustration while the president and his party enriches and that the presidency becomes an inheritance? You know it's very easy for people living in the West who live in good health, peace, relative equality and opportunity to criticize Egyptians who are literally starving. Please show some sensibility while talking about them. They have every right to fight back and defend their land and freedoms.
  • Are you suggesting that because I don't agree with you, and rather agree with His Holiness, that I lack feeling for the Egyptian people? Does His Holiness lack sensibility?

Everyone has the right to fight if they choose, bearing in mind the Christian faith.

The issue is whether getting rid of Mubarek will make things better or worse. A whole lot of people think that doing so precipitantly will make things much worse. Egypt is NOT one of the Eastern European states. It has a majority Islamic population not a majority Christian one. That is a very different ball game.
  • I fully understand your concerns Fr. Peter but they are unfounded; Egypt is much different from any other Middle Easy country. There is a very strong sense of National Unity in Egypt and Coptic discrimination is usually systematic and  comes from the government itself and minority Islamists who are mostly unpopular within society. I am a Copt and so are my parents and they probably have more Muslim friends than Coptic ones. All in all, Egypt has a  different social dynamic that is much more complex than any other Middle East country and as such we cannot use other revolutions in the area to predict the outcome of this one.
  • pharoh123, I take it you're from Egypt?!

also this "dictator" said he will leave the presidency when his term is over, which will be in September... then why are they still protesting?  if they were bearing with him for the past 30 years, why not for a few months until elections... and have him depart the right way as a president who devoted his life for his country... did they not do that to the king farou' when he left power?

everything will happen if people use common sense, if they compromise, if they look for the well being of the country.

p.s. I did live in Egypt, all of my family lives in Egypt... and what I say is what they also say!

neshkor Allah, akhadna el baraka.
  • We do not trust Mubarak to leave. He has made such claims many times before; in fact, when he first took office he pledged he would only serve for one term. He has made no concessions whatsoever all he has done is reshuffle his gang of thugs. And how could any Egyptians trust him after all his crimes? We all know he just wants this to die down so he can give another stupid excuse to stay in office.