Theophany "agios"

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
during the epiphany mass, when we come to say agios, do we say "eg barthano, staverotis dis, etc." or "o yourdano baptiste "

Comments

• The first verse is the regular verse and the next two are specific to the Epiphany, ie. those mentioning St. John.
  • Dear Kiro7,
    I guess the correct practice is saying three "o iordanou wabtestas", but yes I did hear some teachings of what Michael said but not sure about that...
    DEar Michael,
    we don't mention John the Baptist in agios, but the past participle word in Greek is just similar to his title, that's all...
    Oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10474.msg127168#msg127168 date=1295208956]
    Dear Kiro7,
    I guess the correct practice is saying three "o iordanou wabtestas", but yes I did hear some teachings of what Michael said but not sure about that...
    DEar Michael,
    we don't mention John the Baptist in agios, but the past participle word in Greek is just similar to his title, that's all...
    Oujai

i second that.....both comments.
  • Good to hear that from you Mina. Thanks for supporting my opinion...
    Oujai
  • Ah, my apologies, you are in fact quite right, as usual!
  • [quote author=Michael Boutros link=topic=10474.msg127196#msg127196 date=1295240103]
    Ah, my apologies, you are in fact quite right, as usual!

don't say that.....many books have what you say. it's just the priests of my church have other sources that say otherwise. also saying the feast verses 3 times makes more sense....like the resurrection and the nativity.