Hymns for St. John the Evangelist and Theologian

edited January 2011 in Hymns Discussion
I was wondering what can we say for St. John's commemoration other than Axios, Ondos, Enthoten the, and Niromi. Any Ideas?

Comments

• [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=10436.msg126816#msg126816 date=1294735374]
    I was wondering what can we say for St. John's commemoration other than Axios, Ondos, Enthoten the, and Niromi. Any Ideas?

"Ere po-esmo" ;D ;D ;D
    \bright saturday.
  • hmmm I am not sure we will have time to say that, but thanks! Does anyone know where I can get a madeha in english for him???
  • Ere pi esmo is a very nice hymn that takes about 2.5 min.
    Speaking, of time being short, last sunday my priest got ticked off at the leading deacon because he said Agios festive.
    This in my opinion is a very big growing issue.
    This needs to stop.
    Pray for that and me, God bless,
    Cyril
  • What's the issue, how they always cut down the time? I know at my church we haven't said the festive Agios (even during the Feast liturgy) out of respect for what's happened in Egypt.
  • It was purely time related.
    [quote author=Michael Boutros link=topic=10436.msg126841#msg126841 date=1294780146]
    What's the issue, how they always cut down the time?

What does that mean?
    GB, PFM,
    Cyril
  • He means, why do the deacons or the priests or whoever does it, always create a specific time when they should finish the liturgy especially on Feasts, there are many things skipped especially on Theophany, if i am not mistaken part of the rites of the Theophany Feast is tasbeha, but it's almost never done because of time. Also, Oran Enshosho (the actual long part) is not said in a lot of churches because of time, (some churches do it though).