What church are you from?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love Abouna Moses from Long Island, hes amazing <3 :)
  • I am from St. George and St. Shenouda church, Jersey City, NJ too  :)
  • I am from the St Mary Church in Holland From Amsterdammm! With our abouna Aranios
    el Baramous, abouna Yosab and Abouna Yassa  :D
  • welcome, believe10, we have lots cool people from n america here  8)
    hi marmar, i know cool people from holland too, they visit our church sometimes  :)
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=620.msg109349#msg109349 date=1263760866]
    welcome, believe10, we have lots cool people from n america here  8)
    hi marmar, i know cool people from holland too, they visit our church sometimes  :)

Nice! Are they from Amsterdam too?? And from which church are you?
  • they know the amsterdam church, i can't remember if they were from there.
    i am in uk, there are lots of churches here, 4 along the south coast, 6 in and around london, a catherdral about 50km from london, several in the middle of the country and north england and wales and a monastery in north east england. there are also churches in scotland and ireland. there may be more, i am not up to date.
    God is blessing the british people, we also have the british orthodox church which is part of the coptic church, there are an additional 10 or so churches around the country in this group (could be more, i have only been to one of them so far, so am not an expert!)
    may God bless the people of holland as well.
    please remember to reach out to the local people also, and include them in your church life so many more can find the riches that are in our Lord Jesus Christ
    :)
    (mabsoota)
  • there are 2 things i cant believe: 1) that i read this entire thread, 2) that only 1 person is from cairo (who apparently has 0 posts)

i feel......so ......... alone
  • r u still in cairo?
    if yr still struglling with language etc, why don't u put up an ad in the local church and offer to teach free english lessons.
    make it in english so u don't got complete beginners u can't talk to.

that way u get to meet people u understand, and u contribute to the local community....
    and remember God is with u.
    rabina mawgood
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=620.msg109550#msg109550 date=1264262897]
    r u still in cairo?
    if yr still struglling with language etc, why don't u put up an ad in the local church and offer to teach free english lessons.
    make it in english so u don't got complete beginners u can't talk to.

that way u get to meet people u understand, and u contribute to the local community....
    and remember God is with u.
    rabina mawgood

Yeah, I'm studying in Cairo, but I'm on vacation for a month till next semester. And lol, I'll never put up an add in church and host something myself, too shy for that.

Btw, even if I'm a sinner, is God still with me and supporting me?
  • hope so, coz i'm one too!

God wants you to know Him, to spend time with Him in prayer, Bible study, church etc. the more time you spend with God, the more you will know He is with you...

ok, so not everyone is so crazy like me to put an ad in church, but maybe if you go every few days to church and each time make an effort to speak to one person, you'll soon meet english speakers.

let us know how it goes and pray for me too
  • Hi, I'm a proud member of St. Ciril & Metod orthodox church in Ljubljana SLovenia. See the picture of it: picture

And it recently got the status of cultural monument. ;)

• hello and welcome to tasbeha.org!
    please join in our discussions on other pages so we can learn together  :)
    may God bless u
  • Covenant of Our Mercy( Kidane Mihret) Indianapolis Eritrean Tewahdo Orthodox Church

May God Bless
  • Hallo,
          I'm from St Mary's and St Athanasius Church in Christchurch, New Zealand.
    Our church has two Priests; One Abouna Sourial, and another who arrived two months ago, an Ethiopian Priest Abba Philipos. Abouna Sourial is just tremendous as he can sing part of the liturgy in amharic in a prayer to the Saints. We all love him very much!
          I'm a kiwi who joined the Coptic Church about five years ago after being invited and being warned the liturgy is three hours long, however, after being seperated from GOD for much too long, I found him again in the Coptic Church.   

GOD bless everyone.                             
  • wow nice story!
    I lived in Dunedin for a while and i meet Abouna Sourial he was awesome:)

• Hi Pi Onkh,
                  Great to hear from someone that's met Abouna Sourial. I'll pass on your message, 'he is awesome.' He is in Fiji at the moment visiting the Coptic Church that was set up there. The Government gave them land to do so and the people embraced the church wholeheartedly.
                  I love Abouna Philimon in Dunedin as well he got a great sense of humour and very jovial.

GOD bless you Pi Onkh.                                                       
  • SAINT MARY CHURCH IN EAST BRUNSWICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hi Everyone

I am from St Mary & St Moses British Orthodox Church in Portsmouth, England.

• Hi all,

I'm from St. Mary and St. George church in Staten Island New York  :)
    One of our servants just got ordained a priest in Egypt and he's coming this Thursday!! His name is Abouna Isaac and we're having an asheyia for him that same night!! We're so excited :)

I'm also new to this forum business and this was the first chat thing i clicked on lol...so i'm not really sure how this works, but whoever reads this msg, try to come through and visit! We're a small church and in the middle of expanding it and God willing it will be done safely :)
  • welcome to u and yr new priest, congratulations!
    (alf mabrook)
    maybe won't pop over and see u soon as the atlantic ocean is in the way, but hope to 'see' u more on this forum  :)
  • thanks so much for your polite words, and it was nice 'meeting' you :) pray for us
  • Mabsoota,

I thought you Britishers refer to it as "the pond".
  • IM 13 TOOOO any way me st mark, st pishoy are my main ones then st mary then st mina yupers Nashville/Antioch TN 8)
  • St. Mark, Bermuda
  • hi, welcome everyone  :)
    ilovesaintmark, we do call it the pond but it's still too big to swim.  :P
    even bermuda is too far to swim, but it sounds cool.
    8)
  • wow...arent i just a teensy bit late...
    anyway, here i go!!  ;D
    I'm from St. Mark in Myrtle Beach, SC...the only one  ;)
    its ok though....my dad got ordained in 2008 in egypt so we moved from NC to SC
    our church is just an extended trailer (koshk, if you will  :D) but pray for us as we have just bought 7 acres to build on!!! WOOHH!!!

God bless you guys!
    oh, and im likin all the cool churches im hearing about!  :)
    athens, france, new zealand...the list goes on!!! GO COPTS!!!
  • welcome, lvnvrfails13, may God guide your church as you prepare your new building.
    did you hear about this website?
    http://evangelismcopticorthodox.org/
    it's in north america but has followers in other countries too, there are great ideas about how you can spread the news of the wonderful salvation of our Lord to those around you.
    don't make your building too small!
    ;)
  • Thanks so much  :)
    From what I'm hearing, everyone is shooting for a cathedral  :D I hope so!!! how sweet would that be?! (i don't feel like doing punctuation anymore...too much work  ;)) anyways, its on a really big street everyone lives on, so no worries about the publicity :D
    thanks for the link! ill definitely check it out!
  • lvnvrfails13,

Is SC:  South Carolina or Sous Carolina?

Are they putting a golf course on the grounds of the church since you are in Myrtle Beach?