Stuggling with Sin

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
There is a certain sin that everyone struggles with. How can we overcome this?  How do we get rid of the temptations?  How do we avoid this sin that lures us in time and time again?

Please pray for me and for my weakness!!

Comments

• [quote author=egyboy link=topic=7832.msg101750#msg101750 date=1239481750]
    There is a certain sin that everyone struggles with. How can we overcome this?  How do we get rid of the temptations?  How do we avoid this sin that lures us in time and time again?

Please pray for me and for my weakness!!
    I would suggest that you engage yourself deeply in the sacrements of confession and communion.

• Here is an excerpt from a book entitled "Daibolic Wars" by HH Pope Shenouda III

It is better for you to weary yourself here on earth and attain crowns of struggle than to have rest here and be tired in eternity. Know that your labor here is not forgotten by God because, "God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love" (Heb 6:10). Any labor you pass through here is stored for you in eternity.

The importance is to continue to struggle. Arise when you fall.
  • [quote author=Marys link=topic=7832.msg101793#msg101793 date=1239648319]
    Here is an excerpt from a book entitled "Daibolic Wars" by HH Pope Shenouda III

It is better for you to weary yourself here on earth and attain crowns of struggle than to have rest here and be tired in eternity. Know that your labor here is not forgotten by God because, "God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love" (Heb 6:10). Any labor you pass through here is stored for you in eternity.

The importance is to continue to struggle. Arise when you fall.

I would honestly suggest that you engage strongly in the Church sacraments (communion, repentance and confession). You CANNOT overcome this by yourself, but only by God's Grace.

When you accept that you require God's Grace to give you strength, then it is no longer a struggle.
  • Thanks for your advice! I really appreciate it. God Bless.