i need help Jesus walks?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
ok i have a question if there is a rap song about jesus that is clean is there anything wrong with it i dont mean including it in worship because i have a friend that tells me songs like that are bad

Comments

• ok srry i didnt finish my post this comp sux but umm so i keep telling him theres nothing wrong with it but hes just because it is a rap song its wrong ?
    can anyone help me?

agahape,
    chris
  • to me its okay to listen to, but not for meditation, or for religious thoughts.
  • If this is the song Im thinking about "Jesus walks" then I feel like maybe you shouldnt listen to it.The lyrics contain curse words,bad ones.

The guy who sings it says the song really wasnt intended for christians but for the "worldly"audience so thats why he included "bad words".I dont really know what he was thinking;the Bible never condones foul and unclean language.Can you imagine trying to witness for Jesus Christ by using curse words.

I personally dont like rap music but if its "christian" and has a positive message then I dont see anything wrong with it.Just as long as it doesnt cause you to stumble or drift away from your relationship with Jesus Christ.That would apply for any type of music.How does it affect your relationship with God?
  • jfranklin maybe ur talking about the remixed version the original contains no bad language whatsoever

aghape,
    Chris
  • Well, they had an interview with the singer of the song on one of the television news shows and they asked him about the bad language and even had to bleep out quite a few words.He even said he put the bad words in the song so that "street" people would relate to it better.Now which version that was I dont really know.The one thats played on the radio or TV probably has been "cleaned up" but the cd version I bet still has the bad language.I'm going to have to do some more research on the subject...lol... ;DBy the way what was the name of the singer?
  • The singers name is Kanya West.{or something like that...lol}

I read the lyrics of the song and they were not as bad as I thought but they still contained 3 or 4 "bad words".I think it was 3 sh**ts and one h*ll.Not that bad but still not appropriate for a christian song{in my opinion}.You can go online and read the lyrics just as I did if you dont already have the CD. God bless you. :D
  • Umm, I wouldn't say its terrible but lets just say rap is not the best way to express your love towards God. I mean, every individual has their own way of expressing their emotions but I believe since rap has such a bad role in society now, it's not the greatest idea. You also have to take into consideration that the persons who had created this song did not create it for spiritual reasons but rather to make a profit. God bless.
  • his name is kanye west and i mean i listen to teh clean version and kanye west actually does goto church if u looked him up

aghape,
    chris
    ;D
  • have you guys ever heard of where is the love??

its a nice song and talks about peace over the world and that stuff......

but it does ahve the n word in it
  • I like that song :) it's very meaningful

If Kayne West has done it for religous purposes then he wouldn't have made those other videos he made..Going to church alone is not spirituality
  • i guess you are right sevrant of jesus its nit tha best song dn hey i did hear where is the love ist a pretty cool song i like how they have the mural in the video and it says we are nto a minority thats how we the copts of egypt should feel haha

aghape,
    Chris
  • Sorta random and stuff, but I think that if you're into rap, then that's as clean as it gets, so I don't see a lot wrong about listening to it, I mean, compared to other rap songs and all. But yeah, it's better not to listen to it at all, but it's way better off then all the other rap songs...