I have a question.

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Did Egyptians, like during the time of the pharows, every really whip the jews or force them into making the pyramids or is that just a little hoax thing. I think one of my friends from church told me that his dad said that the jews weren't really slaves all they did was just make bricks for houses and grow food and things like that to feed themselves and the Egyptians but that they never built the bricks of the pyramids because the bricks were considered holy and no Jew could carry them. Could someone please tell me because i really want to get that out of my head.

Comments

• I asked this question many, many times... the jews didnt touch the pyramids... the pyramid was built by the farmers, during the time without harvest... so the pyramids are 2000% Egyptian
  • ok thx socoolbishoy
  • Here is two reasons why the Jews never built the pyramids:ý

ý1) As you said, the Pyramids were considered Holy, and the Jews were not worthy of ýbuilding them as you said.ý

ý2) There is a time difference. If my history study serves me correctly. The pyramids were ýbuilt before King Raamses the first. The Jews left Egypt during the regain for king ýRaamses the third (The last powerful Pharaoh in Egypt). Due to the fact that there are ýabout anywhere between 1000 to 1500 years difference, I would say the Jews weren't ýeven in Egypt.ý

Now, even if they were, which I had one of my co-workers claim, they were SLAVES, ýthey had nothing to do with the design and engineering of such a monument. So be proud, ýEGYPTIANS built the Pyramids. However, the Jews were slaves in Egypt and the ýEgyptians miss treated them, it is in the Bible.ý

ý“Now there arose a new king over Egypt, who did not know Joseph. And he said to his ýpeople, "Look, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we; come, ýlet us deal shrewdly with them, lest they multiply, and it happen, in the event of war, that ýthey also join our enemies and fight against us, and so go up out of the land." Therefore ýthey set taskmasters over them to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for ýPharaoh supply cities, Pithom and Raamses. But the more they afflicted them, the more ýthey multiplied and grew. And they were in dread of the children of Israel. So the ýEgyptians made the children of Israel serve with rigor. And they made their lives bitter ýwith hard bondage--in mortar, in brick, and in all manner of service in the field. All their ýservice in which they made them serve was with rigor.” (Exodos 1: 8-15)ý

Just my two cents as my memory serves me, thought I would share.ý
  • Two things
    1) The egyptians made the pyramids way before the jews.
    2) The jews were probably abused by the pharohs because which slaves have you seen in the past that weren't abused? The pharohs or ancient egyptians were not christian so maybe they didn't have the best morals. I know we all wanna take the sides of the egyptians because we are but the history of our country and the history of religion are two different things and, correct me if i'm wrong, but the ancient egyptians don't tie in with coptic orthodoxy very much.
  • correct me if i'm wrong, but the ancient egyptians don't tie in with coptic orthodoxy very much.

You are correct...lol ;D
  • sorry to go a little off topic...
    .... the Ancient Egyptians werent that "bad"
    and there is some stuff about them thats cool

I know we all wanna take the sides of the egyptians because we are but the history of our country and the history of religion are two different things and, correct me if i'm wrong, but the ancient egyptians don't tie in with coptic orthodoxy very much

The Ancient Egyptians symbol for eternal life was the “ankh”, which is a cross, that has a circular loop on the top representing, that life is everlasting, has no end, (so they were the first ones to discover that the cross was a symbol of life, so that does tie in with Christianity)

You are right I guess they didnt have the best morals, and they did enslave the Jews ...well theres always bad things and good things about people.....well we do somewhat tend to take sides with them cause they r our ancestors but that doesnt mean we take side in the "bad things" that they might have done
  • Thats very true, we never represent any of the bad things that they've done. I just wanted to make it clear that they should not be held as examples of our religion. When it comes to religion, we actually relate more to the jews who were held captive and, well you know the whole story (parting the red sea, most of our bible is from their point of view etc.)
  • and there is some stuff about them thats cool

Beautiful picture Princess Mary! Thanks for sharing it.I always liked that symbol...lol...

Another interesting fact about the Eygptians is that they had a pharaoh who worshipped only one God{he believed the sun was representative of the true God,like the sun sends down its rays to bless the earth,so also the true God touched human beings}and he rejected all the false gods that had been previously worshipped.Many believe he was the first forerunner of Judeo-Christian monotheism{the belief in one God}.He was greatly disliked by the pagan priests and the common people because of this.After his death the Eygptians tried to erase his name from history.They did not succeed.His name was Akhenaten!
  • Yes, it is a nice picture ;)
  • The pope once said... there is nothing in the ankh that has to do with Christianity.... for me I just meditate on it, I love the explanation (the Christian explanation)... but it has nothing to do with Christianity.