Pray for our Church in Egypt

Hello everyone:
Our brethern in our beloved Coptic Orthodox Church in Egypt are going through terbulant time. Please pray from all your hearts that God will raise the hardship time off His church and His children

Comments

• http://www.sout-al-haqe.com/urgent.htm

this is one of the things.... hope all could read it, I only knew about it yesterday from coptichymns.net so hope all can sign the petition
  • After reading that article and others like it,all I can say is the United States needs to invade Eygpt and put an end to Muslim persecution.Drive these cruel devils out and give the land back to the Coptic christians.That may sound harsh to some but the reality is that unless the Lord Jesus saves the Muslims and changes their hearts,that may be the only true solution.The Bible says that God has raised up governments to be the "sword of the Lord" to punish evildoers.May God not only help the christians in Eygpt but also those around the world who suffer at the hands of Muslims and other evil men.
  • i wish we could get our land back, but i doubt bush will invade egypt. look what happend when he invaded iraq....the people here would go crazy but i think he has a way of influencing the president in egypt-money wise. im not sure but i think egypt has loans or borrows money from the US or something like that. it is terrible what is happening to the copts in egypt and God willing, tasoni will be back safely soon.
  • >:(

, but i doubt bush will invade egypt.

Your right,Bush wont invade Eygpt since He doesnt have the guts or the the desire to see the people of Eygpt free of their oppression.I think Bush is a pretty great man in many respects but he most definetly falls short in this.Our hope is that God will hear the cries and groans of His people who are being oppressed,held in bondage by wicked men{men who are followers of Satan himself},and that He will change the hearts of the decieved followers of Islam ,or that He will raise up a man to the US Presidency{who has the military power of the US Armed Forces behind him}who will not be afraid to wield the sword to help the people of God.I wish the LORD God would call me to that office;I would put an end to the evil Islam once and for all,not just in Eygpt but around the world.I think God knows my heart,thats why He wouldnt let me hold high office in this land."The anger of man does not accomplish the righteousness of God",James 1:20. And yet how I wish God would raise up someone;a man of valour, courage and integrity who would fight and put the fear of the true God into the hearts of the Muslims.Oh God let it be soon!
  • Egypt would be soooooo much better if the British were still there. Not just religion wise but technology wise and stuff. The overall living conditions of the people would be better.
  • Dear Sisters & Brothers,

Peace in Christ

As we are all one in Jesus Christ wherever we are in USA , in Egypt , in any where .We are all one church, one body.

Your thoughts and angry feelings are so much expected and respected.

But i don't agree with the solution you addressed" President Bush should invade Egypt as he did in Iraq"

I am an Egyptian Young lady , loves Egypt so much despite anything that is happening " I think all of you love Egypt as well" and as a coptic i can't imagine such invansion.

I think that USA acts only for its intersets wherever these interests are in Iraq , in Afaginstan...........(i might be wrong)

My above words don't mean that we can't go to ask helpfrom USA if this is required .

Beside where is the power of prayers , Can't our Lord interfere ?

I think that this struggles and conflicts strength us more and keep us more keen for our religion.

The Coptic Orthodox church is a wellknown church by its saints who sacrifice their souls for jesus that why the church celebrate their feasts.

Also , Our Lord himself says that our life wouldn't be so easy , they " Whoever they are " will try to kill , hurt and harm us by any mean so that they will think that they are doing a very good thing for their god.

Please pray that these things would end soon and God preserve his church.

• Loly,ý
    I have to agree with you. Invasion is not the answer. But I also don't think that if the ýBritish were still in Egypt, we would be in any better condition. A look back in History ýshows that when they ruled Egypt, corruption still existed along with poverty, injustice ýand discrimination. ý
    When God wanted to defend the Israelites in the old testament, he always raised one of ýtheir own. (To prove my point, read the book of Judges). So maybe that's what we need, ýone of our own.ý

One an up note though. Tasoni has been released and she is united with her family and ýshe is staying in one of the monasteries in Egypt. Thought I would share
  • I think that USA acts only for its intersets wherever these interests are in Iraq , in Afaginstan...........(i might be wrong)

Yes, you are wrong :D...lol...The world loves to hate America!They need to go back and study history and see all the good things America has done,how many US soldiers have died for the freedom of other countries,how much food,medicine and other aid has been donated by the USA to help countries in need.Name one country in world history that has done more to help people!
    By the way,where is all that oil money America was supposed to be getting for invading Iraq,isnt that what the rest of the world said we went to Iraq for.Its already cost us billions of dollars to prosecute this war;I doubt if we'll ever get a dime from Iraq.I quess the rest of the world was wrong,huh!
    America is really getting rich in Afganistan...lol...
    America should really let the world go to the devil if thats what it wants.Let them kill each other off and starve to death,etc., let chaos reign.But then if they did that ,the world would complain that the USA isnt doing enough,not solving the worlds problems.Do you really believe that the Muslims would let christians stay alive in Eygpt or other Muslim controlled nations if it wasnt for their fear of the most powerful christian nation on earth?God is the one who keeps people safe but He uses nations to accomplish His will{just read the Old Testament}.

Beside where is the power of prayers , Can't our Lord interfere ?

God also uses human beings,nations,nature,etc to accomplish His will.For example in the Old Testament He used Assyria,Babylon,etc. to invade His people Israel,to punish and chastise them for their disobedience.There are many other examples,too numerous to list.

When God wanted to defend the Israelites in the old testament, he always raised one of ýtheir own.

God also used foreigners to help and protect Israel.King Cyrus is one example.

Tasoni has been released and she is united with her family

Praise be to God!He is truly great and good.
  • There is nothing America or anything can do for Christians in Egypt (I know its very sad). If America attacks the muslims it can only fire at the "bad" muslims not the inncocent ones and since the muslims have no honor they will shoot at everyone. and for every person we kill the muslim leaders use it to put more hatred against america in the heart of the muslims. and it also doesnt matter to them if they die they all think they are going to heavin for fighting the "holy War". So there is no chance that, even with the entire world fighting against the muslims that we can set free the middle east from their opression and hatred. our only option is to take the Christians of Egypt into America. but that means they all have to start their lives from scratch which is going to be very challenging since most of them dont know the language. Not only that but muslims will feel that the U.S. is predjudiced against them and will make more terrorist attacks upon America like 9/11 and destroy America's economy. Our only hope is to pray that God will help our brothers and sisters inEgypt and everywhere else in the world against the Muslims.
  • whered you hear that tasoni is back?
  • I heard that tasoni returned home safely and H H Pope Shenouda III has declared a mandatory fast for all Copts from Dec 8th (today) until Dec 11th.
  • Hey everyone:
    Let's get back to track....
    1- Tasoni (the priest's wife) has been released by the law enforcement authorities to Anba Bachomious at arround 6:30 PM Egypt's local time which was about 11:30 AM this morning. It was confirmed live on the Paltalk rooms by another Bishop.
    But they still need our strong prayers as they are still in thousands staying at the cathedral in Cairo demanding justice and equality.

2- to answer Jfranklin question, only God, and without the help of any nation on the face of the earth can preserve and protect His Church, Christianity and His people. First let me ask you, were America as a great nation as it is now, arround between the years 635 to 1700 AD? Well those were the worst centuries of Islamic prosecution against the Coptic Church. Yet, not one single nation intervened to protect the Copts. The Coptic church today had thousands of Saints and Martyrs who intercede for us infront the Thrown of God. And despite of that, our great grandfathers kept for us the faith protected with their own blood. One era of prosecution was during the reign of Salah El Din ElAyouby (El Naser Salah El Din) who defeated Richard the Lion Heart, king of England and the leader of the crusaders who wanted to liberate Jerusalem from the hands of the arabs. Salah el Din and his "shoura" (i.e. advisors) thought that the Copts would help somehow the Europeans in their war against the Arabs, so in order to make sure that the Copts were not a factor in this war, he sent 3 armies to destroy Christianity in Egypt, one to Nubia (the strong hold of Christianity at that time in the South - common land between Sudan and Egypt), Alexandria and the western cities all the way until Lybia, and the eastern cities all the way until the borders of Gaza. In short, the Coptic church had over 1 million martyrs who were slaughtered for the true word of God and for just an assumption but no good reasons. Although the Copts would have never betrayed their own countrymen even if they were from a different religion. Thousands of churches were burnt and completely destroyed, including many cathedrals in Alexandria and Marriout such as St. Minas and St. Athansius cathedrals. Anyway, what the arabs missed was the western desert, the wahat and the eastern desert with all the monestaries where many copts fled to and all the rest of the coptic treasures of books, scrolls and other church antiquities were hidden for years.

The other example was during (i'm not sure which Pope) but most propably was Abba Cyril the Fourth (the Father of Renovation) when there was some presecution in the church at that time and the Cesar of Russia send him a private messanger to offer him Russian protection to the Orthodox Copts, His Holiness answered the messanger: Does your King die? The messanger answered with astonishment: Ofcourse all humans die. The Pope answered: Our King doesn't. So which of them would we ask for protection? The one who dies or the eternal?

Empires rise and fall, but the word of God never falls. He said that even the gates of hades will not have authority on the Church and His promises are true and honest.
    That's a drop of water in the ocean of our Church's history. So it's not the strength of the nations which protect us. America with all its power couldn't protect itself from 9/11 !!! But I agree with you 100% that sometimes God would use the strength of one to destroy the evil of the other. But in most cases it is the Right Hand of the Almighty which works alone, which protects and which destroy the enemy. Check old testment 2kings 6:16-17 "Do not fear for those who are with us are more than those who are against us" and also Elisha's servant saw the entire mountain full of horses and chariots of fire of the army of God, and in 2kings 19: 35 when the angel of the Lord went out and killed in one night one hundred and eighty five thousands in the camp of the Assyrians. And Romans 8:31 if God with us, who can be against us? Truley, if God is with us, who can be against us??? No one .... God bless all
    Don't forget to pray for the Coptic Church of God
  • [First let me ask you, were America as a great nation as it is now, arround between the years 635 to 1700 AD? Well those were the worst centuries of Islamic prosecution against the Coptic Church. Yet, not one single nation intervened to protect the Copts/quote]

The United States Of America has existed as a nation for a little over 200 years,yet it is without a doubt the most powerful nation that has ever existed.God ,who is in control of all things has decreed and ordained that this should be so.Of course the United States did not exist as a nation between the years of 635 and 1700 AD but God has used other nations to bring about His will during these years.God has used many peoples to protect the Copts over the years such as the Byzantine Empire{Eastern Roman Empire}the British,etc.The LORD IS THE TRUE PROTECTOR OF ALL HIS PEOPLE but He does use nations{even the wicked}to effect His divine will on the Earth.The entire Old Testament bears witness to this fact.

Although the Copts would have never betrayed their own countrymen even if they were from a different religion

If a christian chooses to fight alongside Muslims{ or other non-christians} against fellow believers in Christ{people in whom the Holy Spirit dwells}then that person is not a true christian.The children of LIGHT do not fight against each other and certainly do not fight alongside the children of DARKNESS,the followers of Satan.No true christian puts his patriotism and love of country above his faith or the people of God.

But in most cases it is the Right Hand of the Almighty which works alone

That isnt true.The entire Bible shows that God uses men to preach,teach,fight,rule,etc.etc.etc. God uses men,nature,etc. to accomplish his will in almost everthing He does.Just because there are Angels all around us does not change that fact.But though God uses man in many instances to bring forth His plan and will for the human race,it is to God ,and God alone that all glory is due."Not us o LORD ,not to us,but to Thee alone belongs all praise, honor and glory".

our only option is to take the Christians of Egypt into America

I wish we could! They would be most welcome.But who would remain to be a witness for Christ in the land of Eygpt?" All who would be Godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution",says the Word of God.But it still bothers all true christians that their brothers and sisters in Christ suffer such hardship and sorrow.We yearn to do something to allieviate their pain and suffering.But the good God will take care of His beloved children and bring them safely to His Heavenly kingdom,though sometimes they must suffer intense hardship in their journey of life.
  • ALL WE NEED TO DO NOW IS PRAY
  • We can't deny that we MUST pray, but in my opinion, praying is not the only thing we should be doing. We have to try and do something about it. The main reason all of this is happening in Egypt is because of the invasion on Iraq. By the way, I do think that invasion is the only way. This will never stop, unless if their stopped. They have an Anarchy-like form of government that is supportedby both their government, and religion.
  • it wasnt the US or Bush or anything else that moved that mountain way back when... it was prayer [and fasting] ....so as you all have been correctly stating, prayer is the best and most reliable solution we have! (now, i sure hope egypt doest move anywhere, but im sure our Lord has other solutions planned out)....

so lets worry less about what the world can do and concentrate more on what God can do! [which is anything and everything :D]

i just hope their Christmas and new year's isnt going to get ruined...

salam
  • >:( :( :'(
    listen u guys ther is nothing going on in egypt ok not trying to b rude or anything but the muslems dont kidnap copts there is no such thing say gals dont get kidnapped they do stuff and they r scared to go home so the parents r embarresed so they say she got kidnapped there is NO such thing lyk the priests wife the ppl other than egypt make a big deal bout nothing i am a copt dw ppl its just dont belive that stuff
    soz if i offended any1

GBU all
    FROG
  • yo frog , how do u noe this is true?

[glow=green,2,300]- Roaming[/glow]
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=4;threadid=855;start=15#msg15970 date=1103717554]
    >:( :( :'(
    listen u guys ther is nothing going on in egypt ok not trying to b rude or anything but the muslems dont kidnap copts there is no such thing say gals dont get kidnapped they do stuff and they r scared to go home so the parents r embarresed so they say she got kidnapped there is NO such thing lyk the priests wife the ppl other than egypt make a big deal bout nothing i am a copt dw ppl its just dont belive that stuff
    soz if i offended any1

GBU all
    FROG

im sorry, but i disagree. this is really happening in egypt. yes, sometimes that may be the case and they dont go home because they are ashamed of what they did. but the copts in egypt are afraid and always keep quiet. but they finally spoke up and couldnt take it anymore. i am proud of them because they finally stepped up and stood up for themselves. they are being treated unfairly in THEIR HOMELAND. muslims are not "bad" but that is what their koran teaches them. and if tasoni was not kidnapped and went with him willingly, why did they have to drug her?
  • god has his reasons for letting our persicution continue, it is our purification and sure way to heaven and to recieving our crowns awaiting us. Although on a more down to earth perspective im scarred for our church, how long r we going to be able to hold strong?
    may the lord keep our hearts steady.
  • [quote author=awad link=board=4;threadid=855;start=15#msg17022 date=1104622432]
    Although on a more down to earth perspective im scarred for our church, how long r we going to be able to hold strong?

forever, don't forget God's bromasses ;)

upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18

Blessed be Egypt my people Isaiah 19:25

we have survived over 2000 of years full of persecution and tribulations, it can't possibly get worse than in the times of Diocletianus for instance when thousands where martyred in a single day
  • I just want to say that I agree with Loly. And that she's really right.
    Because the real power of our church is our faith in God who can defend us against anyone. So I don't think we should go in demonstrations or make petitions or even thinking about exterminating islam because these thoughts are not Christian at all. It doesn't mean we must stay passive but the better thing to do is to pray.
    And maybe that what's happenning those days is the wil of God, we don't know.
  • NO one mentione Moses remember Moses GOD dent him to his people in EGYPT and he FREED them from theri Bondage! MOSES WAS ABLE TO LEAD GODS CHOSEN PEOPLE OUT OF EGYPT WITH THE HELP OF GOD NEVER LOSE FAITH IN GOD NEVER LOSE FAITH IN HIS LOVE FOR HIS PEOPLE! the fathers of the church faught for the faith and we must continue to fight for the faith! PRAY PRAY PRAY I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH PRAY PRAY!

Maria
  • I think that as copts, we have been through a lot in history (regarding persecution). I understand that we are still going through this persecution, but we have to remember that the one thing that has kept us alive all these years is peace. We have never referred to violence, we have never referred to harsh words (as a whole church).

We also have to remember that the reason persecution is happening is because these people want us to stop practicing our religion. If we do stop, then we would've only given those people what they wanted. We stand up for our own rights in praying and praising God, not by throwing stones and taking up weapons. Some of us have been lucky to live in countries where they don't face as much persecution for their faith. And as for those in Egypt, I admire them for their courage to go out there everyday and live their lives ordinarily in a world of hate. This is my idea of Coptic life...strength is not within force, but within God.
  • Persecution is a blessing.. And I'm not sure that God wants us to put matters into our own hands and stop persecutions. Perhaps it's his will for the righteous to suffer for him and later recieve heavenly glory. All that we can do is pray that everything goes according to his will and not our wants. We should pray that he saves them but if it's his will, again, there's no stopping it. God bless.
  • It's true...persecution has been a blessing. It was because of persecution that we were able to invent monasticism. And now, every religion in the world uses monasticism to improve its faith. May God bless our desert fathers in their constant battle against the devil and may He protect us as well.