Liturgical Calendar

Is there a liturgical calendar that the Coptic Orthodox Church follows? If so, is it available online?

As some of you know I am looking into the Coptic Church and I would like to be able to read the liturgy the night before so that I can be more active during the liturgy on Sunday.

Comments

• [quote author=JustinWilliams link=topic=8463.msg107452#msg107452 date=1256938547]
    Is there a liturgical calendar that the Coptic Orthodox Church follows? If so, is it available online?

As some of you know I am looking into the Coptic Church and I would like to be able to read the liturgy the night before so that I can be more active during the liturgy on Sunday.

do you mean the daily readings? Check here:http://www.copticchurch.net/classes/getLectionary.php

if you mean the devine liturgy, then the liturgy of st basil is prayed throughout the year,with some exceptions during the great lent (st cyril) and on feast days such us EasterChristmas ( st gregory).

www.stmary-church.com/tclsb1.pdf

someone correct me,if I am wrong,please
  • The general calendar, of the readings mainly is based mostly on the Coptic Calendar of the blessed martyrs. There are four katameroses (Lectionaries if you might call):
    - The Katameros of the Daily readings (based on the days of the month)
    - The Katameros of the Sunday Readings (based on the days of the month and the number of Sundays it might has)
    - The Katameros of the Great Lent – It includes the readings of the fast of Jonah (that is based on the days of the fast and not the calendar days. For example, “The Monday of the First week of Lent”)
    - The Katameros of the Holy Fifties (same layout of Lent)
  • thanks minagir!!
    ur my rolemodel!!
  • from the main tasbeha.org page, click on 'our faith' then 'daily readings' and you will get here:
    http://www.copticchurch.net/classes/getLectionary.php
    and find today's readings. don't worry if you see that today is 'baba 23', that's the coptic month, it's still the right reading for 2nd november.
    if you miss a few days, just go on 'previous day' and keep going back to the day you want.
    :)