depression

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hello,
last month was really tought on me as i failled a very important exam. Althought i studed hard and prayed even harder for it. i was almost sure that god will help me to pass.after that i felt very depressed to the extent that i could not eat at all. i could not even talk. i went to a psychatrist who diagnose the case as sever depression.sometimes i feel vey angry at god and i wonder about his promise of the inner peace and the happeness to his children. othertimes i feel guilty that i my faith was not strong enough to handle this experience. so what do u think?

Comments

• I understand and I know it's hard not to feel that way towards God but remeber the story of Job? God gave him all he wanted and Satan told God that if he was afflicted he'll sure leave you. Job's children died, he lost all his wealth and was alone yet he was still faithful in God and proving the devil wrong. That's why things that are bad sometimes happen to us. So we can truly show that just as we are grateful for God giving, we are also grateful for God taking. So don't think God left you, he didn't. Remeber, his strength shows in your weakness. God bless.
  • My beloved brother in Christ,
    Please cheer up and be happy. Thank God for all he gave you. You can take the exam again and study even harder and do well. Remember that every problem has a solution and that God has many different solutions that we can't even begin to comprehend. As the psalm says: "Strengthen your heart and wait on the Lord." He does beleive me, have many solutions and He will solve your problem. If we try to solve our problems by our own hands without relying on God, we will be sad because we will realise that we are limited in our capabilities to solve problems. But if we leave it in God's capable hands, He will solve it and we don't have to be sad because we know that no matter what it will be solved. Mark my words, He will solve your problem and you will be happy again....and You'll be like: "That guy on tasbeha.org was right!" You'll see watch. I know you don't beleive me because you think right now that there's no way things can get better....but watch!!! They just will!!! If you ask me how? I don't know...but I just know!! Cheer Up! ;D
  • i'd lyk to add sum things to the beautiful words of copt123... :)
    well wut u've been through is very normal and happens to almost evryone, bcz God might just be testing u, i mean he knows u believe in him but he wanted to see how strong ur faith is, lyk Abraham remember how God tested him... he was abt to kill his ONLY SON...
    there's noooo need for ur depression, how can u be depressed when u kno god is there next to u, guiding u all the way... u should get over this.. i kno its hard.. but move on think abt the next Exam study harder, pray harder, seriously just try to go out and have sum fun forget abt it...
    GOOD LUCK!! U'LL DO BETTER NEXT TYM!!

Rina ;)
  • hay
    as rina sed God is testing you also mayb u didnt get good in this 1 because God is telling you to study harder so u dont fail whatever is coming up and whatever you do study hard and try your best whatever your best might be and always remember to put a cross on the top of your exam paper and go have fun and study more and pray more and dont let it upset you coz sometimes it leads to suicide and we dont want that

GBU
    FROG
  • Thank you all for ur support. I know I am going to be better with time. please remember me in ur prayers.
    God bless you all :)