RELIGION AND THE ELECTION

Comments

• as for the world wars, the states did a good job in WO I and II, but they only interfered at the moment they were ATTACKED (pearl harbor and the attacking of the ship in WO I), so they didnt do anything untill they were threatened

Thats not exactly true!President Roosevelt sent tons and tons of aid to Great Britain{aid without which Great Britain would not have survived and the war would have been lost}years before America officially entered the war!He was also involved in many secret clandestine operations in Asia helping the British{and even Dutch who had colonies}in their fight with the Japanese Empire.The Japanese were aware of this,and also of the intention of America to join the war on the side of the Allies.This was the reason for Pearl Harbor!The Japanese High Command knew that Japan could not compete with the industrial might of the United States so they launched a suprise attack in hopes of comepletly destroying the American Fleet of the Pacific stationed at Pearl Harbor.There hope was that by inflicting such enormous damage they could delay or even stop America's entry into the war.This has been well documented by countless sources.The Americans were already fighting in a limited way in China as well{remember the Flying Tigers}to help turn back the Japanese aggression and liberate the chinese people.The plain fact of the matter is Europe would not have won world war 2 without the aid of the Americans,aid they recieved even before America officially entered the war.

So why doesn't America do something about Northern Korea, they are way more dangerous than Saddam caus there's good evidence that they have nuclear weapons and such...

Because it would costs the lives of millions of people{it would make the war in Iraq look like a cakewalk by comparison],it would escelate into a nuclear conflict that would destroy Korea and much of eastern Asia,and could even lead to World War 3{remember China is an ally of North Korea and has many,many nuclear weapons}.As I have stated previosly,America has already paid a high price for the protection of South Korea,and only a fool would risk a conflict that could result in total disaster for the world.The South Korean people certainly dont want a war{they say Seol would be destroyed in 30 minutes or less by missles launched from North Korea if a war ever started}since thanks to America they are one of the most prosperous nations in Asia and enjoy freedom and liberty that is the envey of many of their neighbors.If the world wont accept the war in Iraq{which has relatively few casualties compared to other wars}how will they accept the bloodbath that would be created by a US-Korean conflict with the result that millions would die?

The Marshal help was sent becaus by helpin europe, the economy of europe would be restored and they would have a great market out there on the other side of the ocean.

It seems America always has a secret motive,one influenced by greed,when helping others...lol
    The economy of Europe was in shambles and would not have recovered{there would have been mass starvation in some cases}if not for the enormous aid and assistance the US poured into Europe.Dont forget,Europe also has prospered by trading with the Usa but I doubt if America ever recovered her losses she suffered as a result of her involvement in World War 2 and the enormous financial cost of rebuilding Europe under the Marshall Plan.The same can be said for the situation in Iraq today;the USA will never recover the trillions{yes I said trillions]of dollars it spent to liberate the Iraqi people.So much for the lie that America was in it for the oil money!

As for Sudan, if the muslims violated the agreement they had, then why didnt they send troops, just a couple of thousands would have done the job, there's hundreds of thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan.

We should have!!! But could you imagine the outcry of the world community;"its those greedy,evil Americans again trying to opress the poor people of the Sudan by invading their country and stealing all their wealth"...They didnt want us in Iraq to help an oppressed people, why would the situation in the Sudan be any different.We should have gone into the Sudan and killed every single Muslim oppresser,but then what would the rightous world community have thought about us?

And how come the US have so much poverty in its own country and a lot of poor people in the south haven't got enough money to study, so they are forced to join the army to get a scholarship. Why doesnt Bush solve the problems in his own country first???

Even the poor in America are considered rich by much of the worlds standards.I live in the Southwest and I can assure you that we dont have such a rampant problem.People can get scolarships from other sources without having to join the Armed Forces.Most choose to join our Army because of the adventure and because they will learn skills that they will learn no where else in life.They will recieve an education that surpasses the qaulity offered by many universities around the world.And yes,it is true that they will recieve fantastic educational benefits after their tour of duty if they decide to go to college.But the fact is they dont have to because there poor but only if they want to.There are always other options available.God bless you and thanks for the dialogue!
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jfranklin, no offence but give me a break, I mean what kind of man in our age goes to attack a country and waste all his money to "free people from oppression". I don't know about you but I think Iraq was pretty fine without the Americans interfering, and what is the explanation for US companies controlling the oil after the war?

A christian leader does but the problem is we dont have many of them in the world today.I think the main problem is that you dont understand America or the ideas and values on which she was founded.America has always been ready and willing to help the opressed people of the world,and liberate others yearning for freedom because we have enjoyed the blessings of God and wish others to enjoy them as well.That is the overriding principle on which this nation was founded.I know other nations cant understand that,so they critizise America and slander her motivations in order to hide their own quilt for never doing anything to help others in need]I quess you have to be an American to understand.America always spends more in lives and resources than what she will ever aquire through supposed greedy motivations.You need to read your history more carefully and cease to believe everything you hear from anti-American sources.The real truth is out there.Do you really believe the Iraqi people were better off under the evil Saddam and family?There are many people you dont see on the anti- American news media who know better!It's because you didnt live over there, that is the reason you say such a thing.Ask the 1.2 million people that were killed by Saddam,oh thats right, they were murdered and tortured.I cant believe you can even make such a comparison!I say once again and stand by my statement;America will not make one dime on this war.Even if Iraq gave us billions of dollars of oil revenue it woulnt make up the deficit that was spent on the war or the billions spent on rebuilding Iraq.I bet you dont hear about that from your news media...lol

God be with both of you brothers!Iv'e typed so much my head hurts...lol
  • lol, thxn for ur time and response, u cleared up a lot of things :)
  • Kerry is morally corrupted but so is Bush, they both show weak morals

Thats the problem;I dont think Bush is morally corupted but rather the only man in many years willing to do what was right and needed to be done according to God's will.
  • lol, thxn for ur time and response, u cleared up a lot of things

Thanks, good talking{or should I say typing...lol}with you!
  • Well that's intresting Jfranklin, but I think that someone like John F. Kennedy is what Us needs, I mean what did Bush really do that makes you his die-hard supporter?
  • WHO INVENTED POLITICS?!? ???.....sum1 should sit on them >:(
    hahahah, ok i'm jp , lolx.....i just dont really worry too much about this stuff, i figure i could sit here and think about who'll win the election and why and how and wuts gonna happen after that and yadda yadda ::) but i just dont....i mean what God is willing will be willed, why worry about it when sum1 already has a plan?! And especially if he's the only one with the only plan? Whether it be bush, kerry, elvis, or madonna, whoever becomes the next presdient is Gods will, whether hes here to destroy or built the US...hes in that position 4 a reason ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • Was hitler there for a reason?? ::)

Mike
  • i asked the same ? in another thread. lol
  • Sometimes God lets us have the desires of our heart,events not always in accord with Gods will.Take for example Saul of the Old Testament.The people asked for a king when it was clear that God was against it.He let them have what they desired;they ended up with a king who did not obey God,resulting in hardship and sorrow for the people of God.If Americans want a man who disobeys God's commandments continually,who calls good evil,and evil good;then God will grant the desires of this nation.But beware!To those who forsake the way of God and embrace evil ,to them comes only great distress and calamity.
  • What a wise reply jfranlkin. But we still have to understand that Hitler was there for a reason, was his purpose torturing Jews, or making them feel like they are not God's people anymore??

Mike
  • but they arent, we r, the gentiles
  • What a wise reply jfranlkin. But we still have to understand that Hitler was there for a reason, was his purpose torturing Jews, or making them feel like they are not God's people anymore??

Thanks!I really dont know why Hitler was allowed to come to power?What are your thoughts on the subject?

but they arent, we r, the gentiles

I still believe God has a plan for His people the Jews,even if they are now outside of Christ and His body the Church.One day as the book of Romans states,when the fullness of the Gentiles is fullfilled,"Then all Israel shall be saved".Until that glorious day appears, I believe God still loves Israel and keeps His everlasting promises;the ones He made to Abraham,Isaac,and Jacob.God is good!
  • i didnt mean it like that, i ment that first it was just them, now its all of us. there is a verse on how he going to give the Kingdom of the gentiles.
  • I think that the Jews have deinied Christ and just because they are Jews doesn't mean they will enter the Kingdom of God without needing to believe in Christ and I think all of the rules apply to them, which means, if they don't accept Jesus Christ, they are not part of His Body....But that's just my humble opinion. But I hope the the whole world would unite in Christ one day....

Mike

• I think that the Jews have deinied Christ and just because they are Jews doesn't mean they will enter the Kingdom of God without needing to believe in Christ and I think all of the rules apply to them, which means, if they don't accept Jesus Christ, they are not part of His Body....But that's just my humble opinion. But I hope the the whole world would unite in Christ one day....

I agree with you!But I believe the promises God made to them,such as the one where God promised to give the land of Canaan to Israel as an everlasting possession still applies to this day.The Bible says that"God is faithful"and that even if we are "faithless He remaineth faithful".Even if the Jews are unfaithful,God always remains faithful to His word.
  • That is very true...
    I hope that in heaven we would understand just a little bit more...

God Bless

Mike
  • I can't believe most people think Bush is pro-life - WRONG, sorry to disappoint you, he is not.

Bush is also in support of the death penalty use far more than Kerry

Bush also let the assault weapons ban expire

Bush does not stop embryonic stem cell research with private funds.

Bush belongs to the Methodist Church, a protestant sect which allows female ministers and homosexual blessings.

Bush has severly hurt the Iraqi Christian population, consisting mainly of Chaldean Catholics, Assyrian Church of the East, Syriac Catholics, and Syriac Orthodox.

Bush supports Israel's wrongful policies against Palestinians.

Bush is giving aid to Belarus, where the "president" is nearly a dictator.

Bush has done NOTHING in Sudan, where the Janjui have killed 70,000 people - poor Christians and African Muslims.

Bush is giving aid to Pakistan, which has a "president" that was never elected, but took over in a military coup.

Bush favor the wealthiest 2% of Americans over the middle class and lower 98% of us who pay the most in taxes.

Last year 60% of corporations paid $0 in tax, some actually got money back.

Bush refused to allow seniors to join together and negotiate a price for prescription drugs, handing the Drug companies a 200 million dollar per year check, while the seniors and sick suffer.

People think Bush is a good man because he has faith, well let me tell you what St. James reminds us:

2:1 My brethren, show no partiality as you hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory.
    2For if a man with gold rings and in fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, 3and you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, "Have a seat here, please," while you say to the poor man, "Stand there," or, "Sit at my feet," 4have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts?
    5Listen, my beloved brethren. Has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which he has promised to those who love him?
    6But you have dishonored the poor man. Is it not the rich who oppress you, is it not they who drag you into court?
    7Is it not they who blaspheme that honorable name which was invoked over you? 8If you really fulfil the royal law, according to the scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well.
    9But if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. 10For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it.
    11For he who said, "Do not commit adultery," said also, "Do not kill." If you do not commit adultery but do kill, you have become a transgressor of the law.
    12So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty.
    13For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy; yet mercy triumphs over judgment.

14What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him?
    15If a brother or sister is ill-clad and in lack of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what does it profit? 17So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead. 18But some one will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith. 19You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe -- and shudder. 20Do you want to be shown, you shallow man, that faith apart from works is barren?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar?
    22You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by works, 23and the scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness"; and he was called the friend of God.
    24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.
    25And in the same way was not also Rahab the harlot justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
    26For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so faith apart from works is dead.
  • For anyone who thinks FOX News is really "Fair and Balanced" as they claim, you have got to be outta your mind. FOX is nothing but a propaganda station for Bush and the Republicans. Guys like Bill O'Reilly - who's being sued for sexual harassment-, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh - who is being investigated for illegally using prescription drugs, like Oxycotin totally 2000 pills a year for four years - have one-sided guests, sometimes not even allowing the other side to say one word.
    If you want real news, watch the BBC or CNN. FOX isn't even allowed in Canada as of yet because it isn't considered news.
  • jFranklin,
    You want names of World leaders that have stood up for God?

1. The Pope of Rome - leading this category by a long shot.
    2. Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew
    3. Nelson Mandela
    4. Dalai Lama
    5. President Vincente Fox
    6. Fmr. President Jimmy Carter

Ol' Dubya doesn't make the list by a very long shot.

Why did God allow Hitler to come to power? Because man was made with free will. God gave man the ability to discern between right and wrong. Hitler didn't take over in a coup or use military strength, he was elected in by poor, ignorant German people. This same mistake can happen again, by not paying attention to the deeds of a man and simply believing his rhetoric as God-given Truth. The German people believed this man's lies and exaggerations of blaming the Jewish people. Did they do anything to deserve such a horrible atrocity? ABSOLUTELY NOT! When asked by the disciples if the blind man or his parents had committed a sin for his condition, Jesus said NO! We must keep our eyes fixed on Truth, and not blindly believe the stories of other men. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
  • For anyone who thinks FOX News is really "Fair and Balanced" as they claim, you have got to be outta your mind. FOX is nothing but a propaganda station for Bush and the Republicans.

Just as you are a living,breathing propaganda station for the homosexual,abortion,anti-christian,anti-american demcratic party...lol...just joking!

jFranklin,

3. Nelson Mandela
    4. Dalai Lama

I could list many causes{as you did with Bush}that each of these men support or have supported in the past that go against the Bible and christianity in general.I'm suprised you listed the Dalai Lama,the leader of a false and evil religious movement that is nearly ant-thetical to everything that the christian faith stands forth.A man who does'nt even practice what he teaches!

That you listed Vincente Fox makes me laugh as I've lived in Mexico{and still have relatives there,my own daughter is a mexican citizen}and know full well that Fox is far from perfect;a saint he is not.I surmise you like him so well because he has championed the cause of the catholic church in Mexico while at the same time actively persecuted evangelical christians.I see from your post that you still hate evangelical,protestant christians.I feel sorry for you!God loves all of His children!Jimmy Carter was the worst president in US history,a liberal christian,who did more damage {and still does; despite his involvment in peacekeeping and charitable events}to the morale and life of America.The Pope of Rome has also been involved in things that are not right such as his fellowship and diologue with dictaters such as Saddam,etc;his fellowship with the enemies of the Cross-the Muslims,his apparent inability or concern in dealing with widespread pedophilia rampant in the Roman Catholic Church worldwide,etc.Even Nelson Mandela has things in his past that he should not be proud of,such as his involvement with movements that used murder and violence to overthrow the Aparthied government of South Africa.I could find many more faults with each man just as you did with Bush!God knows the heart of each man!He will be the judge!

Many things you listed as bad that Bush supports,many christians feel are good things such as the death penalty,letting the assault weapon ban expire,etc.The stem cell reasearch that is allowed to go on was already in play before he took office, and all of them were from DEAD stem cells.No live ones are used.Period!

Fox news is by far the most fair and balanced news media in the world,and while it does have a conservative slant,it almost always has two sides of every argument present to debate the issue,something I might add is not done on any other network including the ultra liberal and biased canadian news media.Canada is afraid of the Fox news channel since it is a basically socialistic state that is afraid of change and the moral values represented by the powerful Fox Network{the number 1 network on cable news in the world.

When its all said and done the AMERICAN people will decide,by Gods grace,who will be the next president of the United States!I look forward to it being over,i'm tired of all this argueing over politics...lol

I know you hate Bush and you seem to hate evangelical christians like myself,but is there any way we can fellowship in peace;as fellow christians?God bless you and may His love be with you always.
  • Way to go Mike. I am in full support of what you said, buddy.

Mike
  • [quote author=jfranklin link=board=1;threadid=666;start=105#msg13287 date=1098399610]

For anyone who thinks FOX News is really "Fair and Balanced" as they claim, you have got to be outta your mind. FOX is nothing but a propaganda station for Bush and the Republicans.

Just as you are a living,breathing propaganda station for the homosexual,abortion,anti-christian,anti-american demcratic party...lol...just joking!

I never said I supported any party, I only said Bush is not what he claims to be.

jFranklin,

3. Nelson Mandela
    4. Dalai Lama

I could list many causes{as you did with Bush}that each of these men support or have supported in the past that go against the Bible and christianity in general.I'm suprised you listed the Dalai Lama,the leader of a false and evil religious movement that is nearly ant-thetical to everything that the christian faith stands forth.A man who does'nt even practice what he teaches! [\quote]

Oh really, who did they order executed? Who did they attack? Which one of them lied about WMD? Which one them attacks all of Church leaders who said going into Iraq was a BAD idea? Orthodox, Catholic, and most protestants, told Bush this war in Iraq was a bad idea, did he listen?

That you listed Vincente Fox makes me laugh as I've lived in Mexico{and still have relatives there,my own daughter is a mexican citizen}and know full well that Fox is far from perfect;a saint he is not.I surmise you like him so well because he has championed the cause of the catholic church in Mexico while at the same time actively persecuted evangelical christians.I see from your post that you still hate evangelical,protestant christians.I feel sorry for you!God loves all of His children!Jimmy Carter was the worst president in US history,a liberal christian,who did more damage {and still does; despite his involvment in peacekeeping and charitable events}to the morale and life of America.The Pope of Rome has also been involved in things that are not right such as his fellowship and diologue with dictaters such as Saddam,etc;his fellowship with the enemies of the Cross-the Muslims,his apparent inability or concern in dealing with widespread pedophilia rampant in the Roman Catholic Church worldwide,etc.Even Nelson Mandela has things in his past that he should not be proud of,such as his involvement with movements that used murder and violence to overthrow the Aparthied government of South Africa.I could find many more faults with each man just as you did with Bush!God knows the heart of each man!He will be the judge!

"He will be the Judge", then why do you judge all these other people?
    Jimmy Carter a "liberal christian", lol..he was Southern Baptist.
    The Pope trying to broker peace, he must be evil.
    Vincente Fox, "is no Saint" unlike Bush, who should be canonized NOW!!
    Yeah, Nelson Mandela, who fought for removal of racial bias and won the Nobel Peace Prize, not even close of St. GW.

You are absolutely right, Bush is a saint, actually he is even more saintly than the Pope, the EP, and even Mother Teresa. Jesus couldn't hope to be what Bush is.

You gotta be kidding me!

Many things you listed as bad that Bush supports,many christians feel are good things such as the death penalty,letting the assault weapon ban expire,etc.The stem cell reasearch that is allowed to go on was already in play before he took office, and all of them were from DEAD stem cells.No live ones are used.Period!

Yeah, Christianity supports assault weapons, only in the minds of fringe protestants like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, who think America is God's and everyone else the devils.

Fox news is by far the most fair and balanced news media in the world,and while it does have a conservative slant,it almost always has two sides of every argument present to debate the issue,something I might add is not done on any other network including the ultra liberal and biased canadian news media.Canada is afraid of the Fox news channel since it is a basically socialistic state that is afraid of change and the moral values represented by the powerful Fox Network{the number 1 network on cable news in the world.

"In the world", no it is not. CNN and BBC are literally around the world. FOX is not, although slogans are good for business, don't be so naive.

I know you hate Bush and you seem to hate evangelical christians like myself,but is there any way we can fellowship in peace;as fellow christians?God bless you and may His love be with you always.

I don't hate Bush, I just notice his incompetence. And I definitely don't hate other Christians. Focusing on reality isn't hate. Apparently you can't handle any disagreements from your thought.
  • By the way, "dead stem cells" are useless, can't be used. You made that up, you have never read about stem cell research, apparently.
  • Pro-life?
    Look at the fruits
    by Dr. Glen Harold Stassen

I am a Christian ethicist, and trained in statistical analysis. I am consistently pro-life. For my family, "pro-life" is personal. My wife caught rubella in the eighth week of her pregnancy. We decided not to terminate, to love and raise our baby. David is legally blind and severely handicapped; he also is a blessing to us and to the world.

I look at the fruits of political policies more than words. I analyzed the data on abortion during the George W. Bush presidency. There is no single source for this information - federal reports go only to 2000, and many states do not report - but I found enough data to identify trends. My findings are counterintuitive and disturbing.

Abortion was decreasing. When President Bush took office, the nation's abortion rates were at a 24-year low, after a 17.4% decline during the 1990s. This was an average decrease of 1.7% per year, mostly during the latter part of the decade. (This data comes from Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life using the Guttmacher Institute's studies).

Enter George W. Bush in 2001. One would expect the abortion rate to continue its consistent course downward, if not plunge. Instead, the opposite happened.

I found three states that have posted multi-year statistics through 2003, and abortion rates have risen in all three: Kentucky's increased by 3.2% from 2000 to 2003. Michigan's increased by 11.3% from 2000 to 2003. Pennsylvania's increased by 1.9% from 1999 to 2002. I found 13 additional states that reported statistics for 2001 and 2002. Eight states saw an increase in abortion rates (14.6% average increase), and five saw a decrease (4.3% average decrease).

Under President Bush, the decade-long trend of declining abortion rates appears to have reversed. Given the trends of the 1990s, 52,000 more abortions occurred in the United States in 2002 than would have been expected before this change of direction.

How could this be? I see three contributing factors:

First, two thirds of women who abort say they cannot afford a child (Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life Web site). In the past three years, unemployment rates increased half again. Not since Hoover had there been a net loss of jobs during a presidency until the current administration. Average real incomes decreased, and for seven years the minimum wage has not been raised to match inflation. With less income, many prospective mothers fear another mouth to feed.

Second, half of all women who abort say they do not have a reliable mate (Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life). Men who are jobless usually do not marry. Only three of the 16 states had more marriages in 2002 than in 2001, and in those states abortion rates decreased. In the 16 states overall, there were 16,392 fewer marriages than the year before, and 7,869 more abortions. As male unemployment increases, marriages fall and abortion rises.

Third, women worry about health care for themselves and their children. Since 5.2 million more people have no health insurance now than before this presidency - with women of childbearing age overrepresented in those 5.2 million - abortion increases.

The U.S. Catholic Bishops warned of this likely outcome if support for families with children was cut back. My wife and I know - as does my son David - that doctors, nurses, hospitals, medical insurance, special schooling, and parental employment are crucial for a special child. David attended the Kentucky School for the Blind, as well as several schools for children with cerebral palsy and other disabilities. He was mainstreamed in public schools as well. We have two other sons and five grandchildren, and we know that every mother, father, and child needs public and family support.

What does this tell us? Economic policy and abortion are not separate issues; they form one moral imperative. Rhetoric is hollow, mere tinkling brass, without health care, health insurance, jobs, child care, and a living wage. Pro-life in deed, not merely in word, means we need policies that provide jobs and health insurance and support for prospective mothers.

Glen Stassen is the Lewis B. Smedes Professor of Christian Ethics at Fuller Theological Seminary, and the co-author of Kingdom Ethics: Following Jesus in Contemporary Context, Christianity Today's Book of the Year in theology or ethics.

For more information see www.sojo.net.
  • Oh really, who did they order executed? Who did they attack? Which one of them lied about WMD? Which one them attacks all of Church leaders who said going into Iraq was a BAD idea? Orthodox, Catholic, and most protestants, told Bush this war in Iraq was a bad idea, did he listen?

Bush ordered no one executed!Which church leaders did Bush attack?Thats a ridiculous statement!Many other chriistian leaders supported the war!Bush didnt lie about WMD's,he had faulty intellegencefrom the CIA.Bill Clinton {as well as the French,British,and Russian intelligence agencies}all stated that Saddam had WMD's.Were they all liars as well?Too be mislead is not the same as lying!I personally think Saddam did have these weapons and either destroyed them or transported them to Syria.We know for a fact that he did at one time possess such weapons because he used them to gas the Kurds,murdering thousands of innocent people.This is the man you love to defend so much.The good Saddam Hussein.Everything was just fine in Iraq wasnt it?We didnt need to find wMD's in Iraq to justify the war;the evil tyrant needed to be removed and we removed him.End of story.And now will kill every terrorist in Iraq,no matter what the cost!End of story.Somebody said in a previous thread that nobody talks about helping the oppressed anymore.We do!Were Americans!We still have men of courage and honor, and we'll never again let politicians give away a war{vietnamn}.We'll crush our enemies,and the enemies of God,under our feet .End of story.
  • wow, i feel like im in Congress :o
  • He will be the Judge", then why do you judge all these other people?
    Jimmy Carter a "liberal christian", lol..he was Southern Baptist.
    The Pope trying to broker peace, he must be evil.
    Vincente Fox, "is no Saint" unlike Bush, who should be canonized NOW!!
    Yeah, Nelson Mandela, who fought for removal of racial bias and won the Nobel Peace Prize, not even close of St. GW.

I dont judge any of them!I just stated ovious facts for those well versed in history.
    1.Jimmy Carter left the Southern Baptist Convention because his views were very liberal and at odds with S Baptist doctrine.Many Baptists to this day consider him an apostate.Having grown up in the S Baptist Church I happen to know a little bit about the subject!

2.I dont believe the Pope is evil,just fallible.He's not making peace,he's compromising with a religion that has killed more christians in world history than any other .The evil religion that denies the Blood of Christ!What an outrage!Islam by its very nature is an enemy to the Cross of Christ!
    3.Nelson Mandela was associated with guerrilla groups,organizations that murdered many innocent people.In their struggle for freedom,should they have killed innocent people!Does the end justify the means?I thought only crazy evangelicals believed in using assault weapons?Ever heard of the AK-47.It was used in Africa by quess who!

Yeah, Christianity supports assault weapons, only in the minds of fringe protestants like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, who think America is God's and everyone else the devils.

To bear arms is an American right protected under our constitution and we wont give it up to loony toon,gutless liberals.It's a God given{biblical }right that a man has a obligation to protect his family,and many people are going to do just that!People kill,guns in and of themselfs harm no one.It is the evil in man that results in murder.If a person is set upon killing someone he can do it just as easily with a small handgun,knife,etc.The assault weapon is not evil in and of itself.It can only become evil in the hands of evil men!You sure love to slander men of God dont you.This is about the 2nd or 3rd time you;ve done this."Dont touch my annointed"says the Lord in His Holy Word.Especialy men who are much greater than you or I .
  • wow, i feel like im in Congress

Is that good or bad...lol
  • In the world", no it is not. CNN and BBC are literally around the world. FOX is not, although slogans are good for business, don't be so naive.

Fox news,as well as its sister network Sky News is indeed seen in much of the world.Fox beats CNN and MSNBC combined in the Nielson ratings!Ted Turner said CNN was going to squash Fox like a bug when FNC first debuted 10 years ago.I guess the last laugh was on him since Fox crushes CNN in the ratings and Turner was kicked ouy of his own network!

By the way, "dead stem cells" are useless, can't be used. You made that up, you have never read about stem cell research, apparently.

What I meant to say was "dead embryos".There are over 60 genetically diverse stem cell lines,which were created from embryos that have already been destroyed.The cells still have the ability to regenerate themselves creating ongoing opportunities for research.Bush will not allow living embryos to be used for research.Thats a fact which can be verified online and from the speeches of the President himself.