Abouna Fanous El- Anba Paula

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I was readin one of the posts that said that Abouna Fanous has reposed in the bosom of our Father Abraham and has gone to paradise. Is this true or is just a rumour?

Comments

• Where did you read about this?
  • http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=6410;boardseen=1

thats the link for the post that it was posted on, it is mentioned somewhere near the end of the page.
  • Well the relevant person in that thread inferred that he may have departed based on their observation that his monastic garb was being distributed for blessings. Well, that's a very, very weak inference. It is well known that Abouna in his simplicity offers possessions of his to those who plead to him for them, and that these items are often distributed by those who are lucky enough to get something. He personally gave my father one of his monastic caps. My father was very sneaky about it; he offered Abouna many gifts for the monastery and made it out as if fairness demanded that in exchange abouna give him his cap at the very least.
  • It is said here

[quote author=perfectsinner link=topic=6410.msg84761#msg84761 date=1206866966]
    hello every1,

i think abouna fanus has entered into the heavenly jerusalem b/c his monastic garb was at my church and available for pple to take blessings from it..pls correct me if i am wrong

pls keep my weakness in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ

No he hasn't reposed. He is in st pauls monastery but now he went to cairo for medical reasons 2 weeks ago.  
  • for sure he has not departed. There would have been lots of talk among the people. I too like Iqbal's dad was able to receive a whole black galabiya. It is a huge blessing to have it.
  • hi every1
    i am very very very sorry pls forgive me..i didnt mean to mislead..i am very sorry..i thought that he has passed away b/c i have never seen people having things for saints/holy pple to take blessings from wen the saint/holy person is alive..i have always known it and seen it as wen they have passed away..i am very very sorry..i didnt know that he was still alive ...that day i even asked a person waiting to take the blessing aswell if he had passed away and the person said "yes i think so" again i am very very sorry pls forgive me and my extreeme ignorance..i am very sorry

pls keep my weakness in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ
  • PerfectSinner,

There is no need to apologise.I would have thought the same thing. Now,that we know Abuna Fanus is well and kicking, I do not need to ask Abuna for confirmation anymore:)

I aso have met Abuna Abraam from St Thomas monastry.By looking at his radiant face,it is easy to tell the level of his spirituality and how close he is to God. When he places his holy hand on your head for blessings, some power travels through your body.I am speaking from experience. So when he is in town next time, do not miss the opportunity:)