Book used in baptism

edited January 2008 in Random Issues
People, does anyone  know were i can get the book used for the sacrement of Baptism of the net,in arabic or english prefrebally both.
thanks

Comments

• Dear abflab91,
    I hope this is the one you are looking for it, 'The Sacramental Rite' encyclopedia by Anba Mittaous

http://www.st-mary-mons.org/english/spirituality_of_scarmental.htm

After a brief summary of the seven sacrament of the Church, you will find a detail explanation of the Sacrament of Baptism.
  • Safaa, you must have an answer for everything, haha, well precisely!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Lol thanks for that but wat im looking for is the actual book Abouna uses when he baptises someone not an explanation on baptism. i am looking for the vow the parents have to take were the parents put there right hand up and say something.
  • [quote author=abflab91 link=topic=6120.msg81345#msg81345 date=1201059168]
    Lol thanks for that but wat im looking for is the actual book Abouna uses when he baptises someone not an explanation on baptism. i am looking for the vow the parents have to take were the parents put there right hand up and say something.

http://orthodoxbookstore.org/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1585
  • lol im not looking to buy one im just wondering if there are any that are in a pdf file which i can dl hopefully for free.
  • Dear abflab91,

It seems that you have not read the book by His Grace Anba Mettaous, This part is from the book:

A:- Renouncing Satan

The mother undresses her child and holds him/her with her left arm, looking towards the West and lifts her right hand, reciting after the priest the Statements of Renouncing Satan (if the baptized is not a child, he recites the Statements personally).
    “I renounce you Satan and all your profane deeds, and all your evil followers and all your bad debits, all your power, and all your detested worshipping, all your evil traps and your army and your dominion and the rest of your deceit.  I renounce you, I renounce you, I renounce you”.
    NOTES:-
    Undressing the child reminds us of the nakedness of Adam and Eve when they obeyed Satan and disobeyed the commandment of God, so they were put to shame before Him and hid from Him Genesis 3:7-10 when they
    1.    felt their nakedness.  This is what sin and Satan do to human beings, undress him/her from all virtues and the protection of grace, and putting him/her to shame before every one.
    2.    Facing the West is a symbol of exile and remoteness from God, and submission to the dominion of Satan, who was the first exiled who was separated from God by falling from his rank of angels for pride.
    3.    The direction of the West means the end or death, as daylight ends by sunset and we say about the deceased that the sun of his life has set.  The old Egyptians built their cemetery towards the West.  We notice this in the historical city of Aswan, as we see all the temples along the eastern banks of the River Nile while all the tombs in the Kings Valley (Wadi-El-Milook) in the western bank of the River Nile, as also in the Giza Pyramids which are the tombs of kings exist along the western bank of the River Nile.
    4.    The West direction means darkness as sun sets from the west and by setting, the night starts with its pitch darkness.
    5.      The West direction means night and darkness which means sin and evil.  In the Greek language the word evil K a K I a and the word darkness X a K I are similar. Sunset means darkness of sin which leads to grief and
    6.    the hymnist says:- “Weeping may endure for a night, (weeping of repentance and remorse) - but joy comes in the morning”. Psalm 30:5 because of acceptance of our repentance, and partaking in the Mass and Communion of the Holy Sacrament, and life in the light of Christ.
    7.    Renouncing Satan means breaking the covenant with him, which is the covenant of obeying him which he had with our first fathers.  When Adam and Eve submitted to his will and obeyed his evil counsel, they disobeyed God and fell like him, and he grabbed them to his will.  Adam and his descendants became slaves for Satan after breaking the commandment of God, and was cast out of his sweet safe living.
    8.    Renouncing Satan means that the person refused to remain under the bondage of Satan, as he refused all his profane deeds and all his plans and deluding tricks, all his deceit, and deadly lies.
    9.    Renouncing Satan means casting him out and cleaning the body and heart, so that the Holy Spirit can dwell in the pure body and pure heart - which is contaminated by the devil - and the body becomes a temple for the Holy Spirit.
    10. Renouncing Satan means ending relations with him so we do not accept from him any guidance or seduction or tricks, and we do not accept Satanic deeds, or deal with those working it like magicians, sorcerers ....etc.
    11. The priest breathes thrice and orders the profane spirit to come out from this child’s life, by the order and power of the Holy Spirit.  The mother or god-father should follow this matter and does not let Satan enter the child’s life or have any share with him by any and all means.

B:- CONFESSING FOR CHRIST & RECITING THE ORTHODOX CREED  
    The mother looks towards the East with her child on her left arm and her right hand lifted and recites after the priest:
    [b]“I confess to you O Christ my God and to all Your redemptive laws and enlivening service and Your life giving works.
    I believe in one God the Father the Almighty and His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ and the Life-Giving Holy Spirit, and the resurrection of the body, and the One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church Amen”.
                The priest asks her thrice saying:-Did you believe for this child?  She answers him thrice: I believed.

The book is frea without charge, but just some effort to read it!!!!         

• Lol sorry about that. i havent been to any baptisms lately so is that the whole part the parents say for the renouncing satan thing.

P.S. i was half asleep when i read it