Coptic Mass

I was wondering why we can't celebrate  mass more than once on Sunday as the Catholics do??

Comments

• It's not that we cant celebrate Mass more than once on Sundays...
    its taht we cant celebrate Mass more than once on the Altar. 
    i.e.
    If the Church has three altars, three Masses can be celebrated,buty no more htan one per Altar.
  • How could you take communion more than once any way?

• [quote author=Anba Bishoy link=topic=5799.msg77682#msg77682 date=1191179014]
    How could you take communion more than once any way?

Anba Bishoy (the user) makes a really good point. You are only allowed to take Communion after 9 hours on everyday other than regular Sundays. While the only exceptions are Nativity, Resurrection, and Epiphany (if falling on a Sunday), all of the other Sundays must be fasting from midnight (Nativity, Resurrection, and Epiphany apply to the 9 hour fast).
  • [quote author=Anba Bishoy link=topic=5799.msg77682#msg77682 date=1191179014]

You can't take communion more than once. Gregorythesinner was assuming they have three priests. I assume that a priest cannot pray more than one mass a day (being that he can't take communion more than once a day).
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=topic=5799.msg77694#msg77694 date=1191194351]
    [quote author=Anba Bishoy link=topic=5799.msg77682#msg77682 date=1191179014]

You can't take communion more than once. Gregorythesinner was assuming they have three priests. I assume that a priest cannot pray more than one mass a day (being that he can't take communion more than once a day).

In a way yes but in the same way no. In a way, there are 2 liturgies prayed on Bright Saturday (Morning, Apocalypse) (Evening, Resurrection) but then again, they can't because once the Body is the Real Body, then it must be distributed unto the congregation as Communion.
  • Actually on the Saturday before Resurrection there is a Liturgy in the morning which is the Apocolypse service and then there is at least a nine hour difference between that Liturgy and then one for the Resurrection. Second i would like to point out is that communion is not supposed to take place until Sunday morning 12:00 AM (at least it can be later) so techinichally it happens on two seperate days
  • Oh, okay I get your point. But logically, both liturgies are held on the same day.