Cain

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I have a question....hope somebody can help
When Cain killed his brother Abel, the bible say that he escaped and got married. Who did he got married to?
Was there somebody before Adam and Eve? How did they come.

It's confusing...can somebody help
Thanks

Comments

• Cain and Abel weren't the only humans alife at that time, Adam and Eve got many other children, they just werent mentioned in the Bible. Remember that Adam and Eve lived for hundreds of years, so whole generations where alive, and brothers and sisters married eachother caus there was no other option. Hope that helped...
  • also keep in mind Marianne87 that the events in cain's story didn't happen instally it took time between each part of the story and the other part how long who knows??
  • GOod point Wasim, especially caus people at that time lived hundreds of years ::)
  • Yeah Maybe u guys are right...I mean who else would those people be.
    Thanks for ur help
  • i was wondering about this question
    and also i was going today to put in the forums
    but i guess u asked
    also
    with interpet the bible doesn't menish girls it;s only guys
    so maybe that why
    if i'm wrong correct me
  • Yeah I heard the same thing that girls don't get mentioned in the bible. I just heard recently that for every son of Adam and Eve, there was a girl born...because I guess they give birth to twins...one boy and one girl...so actually there was some girls at the time
  • I heard this in a sermon once
    Adam and Eve got 6 kids (3 boys and 3 girls, how convienet)
    The boys names where (Cain, Able and Seth). I know it is writtens somewhere what the girls names were, but not sure.
  • concidering the fact that they all lived hundreds of years, i really think there were more than 6 kids, i mean, hundreds of years :o
    they didn't have a lot to do back then lol, no college, no hymns, no tasbeha.org ;D

if u could find the girls names it would be interesting though, i really wonder what their names would be
  • if u could find the girls names it would be interesting though, i really wonder what their names would be

Susie,Maggie,Veronica,Hallie and Patricia....or was that Betty,Tamara,Molly,Allison,and Lindsay... ;D...just kidding...lol :)
  • so...another question....why aren't the girls names written in the bible...even thou there is some women's names that are mentioned in the old testament...anyone knws ???