coptic hymn competition 2004

Comments

• [quote author=CopticPete link=board=1;threadid=497;start=30#msg8734 date=1092446986]
    Hey Paulh, I'm in third group too, and I have a CD with all of the alhan for third group recorded by Fr. David Bebawy. If anyone wants some of the files, just IM me or something.

i IMed you lol, but no one is answerin...anyway..if you, or anybody has the alhan for abouna dawood, can you email it to me?
  • if u pass by bergen, u could get the CD from the library.
  • The CD is good, but it is a little fuzzy, and it sounds like it's been recorded on a tape and then recorded on the CD. The tape sounds better.
  • i wouldn't know, i didnt hear either yet ???
  • I don't think the whole thing is fuzzy, just a small portion of it, and the tape sounds just the same to me....

sleepy
  • i was gonna enter this year, but by the time i found out what the hymns where, it was 2 late. and beides, it's not like i was gonna get picked 2 represent bergen anyway, there's 2 many kids entering they're only picking 10
  • It really depends how many people are trying out....

sleepy
  • lol, i agree, or they think it is too childish. pleeeze ::)
  • but if someone younger really wanted 2, they could enter 4 fourth group ::)
  • its not that the older people are lazy, but they just have a lot of responsibilities, and don't have as much time to learn the alhan as a lot of other people do.
  • GOOD LUCK GUYS...im too slow 2 learn coptic....lol....jk.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • Yea! It's over now, and enshaulla, I await the results.

sleepy
  • sleepy, u did a good job(saw u) next year, i'll be sure to join, lol ;D
  • Thanks angelofGOD. Although I beg to differ, I keep getting that, but we were all good to tell the truth.

sleepy
  • BERGEEN BERGEN

enshaala we'll get first place in fifth group again

dont mean to brag its just im so proud of us
  • GO BERGEN!!!
  • WOOOOO!!!!
    High-five Bergen people!!!
    lol

sleepy
  • lol......good luck to all the other churches 2... :) :) :)
  • coptic avenger is right, bergen will probably win 5th group. We had the simplest thinngs. Evlogemenos, and Epouro. Plus we were the most original, playing the def and the trianto.
    Good luck to all of the other churches!
    :)
  • when do the results come out anyway?
  • sorry bergen.. but ur gonna have to get through St. MAry EB.. we are a chorus of like 30.. we sang Piepnevma and Evlogimenos.. like perfectly.. sorry.. i mean anything can happen.. but i heard this year.. since St.Mary's always wins chorus.. they are going to take the top three scores and tie them as 1st place.. just to give other churches a chance to get first against St. Mary's..
  • But last year St. Mary's didn't even place in the chorus. Who knows....

sleepy
    P.S. Bergen all the way!!
    lol
  • yup, we won first last year!!1 good luck 2 all the other churches ;D
  • You know, I say that good luck to everyone, and whoever deserves to win, will. May god bless all, and help us all.

sleepy
  • well last year was a screw up for St.Mary's... because #1) the church was not notified of the competition until the night before it.. so very few ppl were able to compete with one night's notice, and therefore resulting in our chorus being like 10 of us.. maybe less.. trying to sing the hymns as best as we could with one night's notice.. lets just see this year's results..
  • May the best *persons* win
    lol

sleepy
  • im really embarrassed to ask
    but wat is this competition about and when
    plz fill me in
  • No problem. We're talking about the yearly coptic hymn competiton. Each year, they give you five different hymns (according to your group, there are four of them), and you're required to learn them. Along with them you are also supposed to learn a memorized prayer from the agpeya or bible, depending on the year. When you go there you are supposed to recite one of the hymns that you like and then you go to the judges table and you will find five pieces of paper turned upside down with the name of one of the hymns on each one. You pick one, and the one you pick is the one you have to say. Then you say your prayer. There's more to it than that but those are the basic points. Anyone who wants to add to it, be my guest.

Unfortunately for you Copticangel and fortunately for those who were in the competition, the competition is over. I twas the last two weekends in September, but there's always next year.lol

sleepy
  • I hope we're all practicing for 2005. lol.

sleepy
  • Thanks. lol.
    I didn't know that you were there, but your dad was a lifesaver, lol.
    Good luck to everyone for next year.

sleepy