I need an answer

I was just wondering :-\
Jesus was baptize by St.John
so i was just wondering did St.Mary get baptize because it's written i really don't know how to said it exactly but it says if ur not baptize u will not enter the kingdom of heaven
St.John baptize Jesus so how come he didn't baptize St.Mary
also another question who baptize st.John?
I hope u guys don't laugh about my question but really i need an answer

Comments

• As much as I know...

The baptism that Jesus talks about that is needed for eternal life came through the work of the Holy Spirit and water after Jesus death and ressurection and ascension. The Baptism of John was for repentence to prepare the people for the Messiah. Jesus was baptised not for any sin of his but as an example since He was to carry the sins of the world.

• [quote author=tavmatoroghos link=board=4;threadid=4959;start=0#msg67094 date=1170586660]
    As much as I know...

The baptism that Jesus talks about that is needed for eternal life came through the work of the Holy Spirit and water after Jesus death and ressurection and ascension. The Baptism of John was for repentence to prepare the people for the Messiah. Jesus was baptised not for any sin of his but as an example since He was to carry the sins of the world.

The Fathers often say how whereas we are sanctified by the waters of Baptism, in Christ's case, He sanctified the waters.

As for the original question, I've not ever heard of the Virgin being baptised. I would have assumed there'd be a feast celebrating this if it happened. But I wouldn't rule it out completely.
  • Baptism is essential for our salvation. You are right there is a verse that says that unless a man is born through water and spirit, he will not enter the kingdom of heaven. (we read this passage during the prayers for baptism.).

However, Jesus did NOT get baptized because He needed to, but He wanted to set an example. Saint Mary was "Baptized" when the Holy Spirit descended on her before conceiving Jesus.

Also, Baptism is meant to so that we may Die with Jesus and Rise also with Him. (that is why we are "dipped" in water 3 times) I would Imagine no one actually died with Jesus as much as His mother. In the 9th hour of the agpeya we pray

"When the mother saw the Lamb and Shepherd, the Savior of the world, hung on the Cross, she said while weeping, “The world rejoices in receiving salvation, while my heart burns as I look at Your crucifixion which You are enduring for the sake of all, my Son and my God."

IF that is not dieing with Him, then I don't know what is.

• [quote author=donia_kiwi link=board=4;threadid=4959;start=0#msg67088 date=1170578620]

also another question who baptize st.John?

St.John was babtized when St.Mary went to Elizebath and she said: The baby leaped in my womb for joy. People say or I heard it in church that, that was the babtisam of St.John.
  • well..circumcision represented baptism in the old testment as it says in Genesis 17:10 that cercumcision was a covenant between man and God which represented baptizm. And since Jesus who's after john the baptist was circumcised then i think John the baptist also was circumcised..amma about st.mary..i have absolutly no clue!

GBU
    sandra