Swiming after communion

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
hey guys
i was wondering why swimming on a sunday afternoon is bad after ofcourse we took communion?!!
i have heared it soo many times but don't know why is that??!!
GBWU
pray for me cuz since my uncle died i am not focusing on my college work!
ouch...ha?!?!?!
bentBABAyasooa`

Comments

• For the same reason spitting and chewing gum are... When you swim, you will most likely spit water out. That water might absorb some of the body/blood of Christ in your mouth.
  • Sometimes the father of confession takes elementary steps to educate his son or daughter in confession about spiritual matters using very simple examples and exercises to get the message across. Among them, to teach them about the great value of communion and should be a dealt with as a great gift, he instructs him/her to take great care in what they eat and drink and how they conduct themselves after communion to show them the sanctity of communion.

Ideally, people should not stay spiritual children for long, and the real meaning of communion should be grasped after growing out of the spiritual kindergarten that takes outward signs and exercises as means to express the faith to a more deeper approach.

If you spit a couple of hours after communion, you do not spit the body and blood of Christ, for it is not food that goes into digestion and comes out in different form after the body has used it as some kind of nutrition. If you get eaten by lipns in a arena after communion, a common fate for Christians in the early centuries right after communion, the beasts definitely did not partake into the body of Christ. It is spiritual food, although it is the TRUE body and blood of Christ.

Go with what the father of confessions tells you, but I hope we take the next step and understand the true meaning of communion. It is not food and drink.
  • true.......

any-more reasons anyone????!?!?!?!?!?!

• well mira its basically what stravo and christ4life said
  • For the same reason spitting and chewing gum are... When you swim, you will most likely spit water out. That water might absorb some of the body/blood of Christ in your mouth.

actually it's not about the physical reaction that you'll do it's because IT RESIMBLES that because you took Jesus' precious body and blood, nothing defiling should come out of your mouth and they always say that in our coptic churches because it's something to remind you as not to spit not also to swear or shout and it works alot here with me :) (abouna told me these stuff it's not my opinion) GBU
  • wow...........

i asked my parents and they said that cuz " u get in the water with ppl who aren't holy and u have god's holy blood and body inside of you! and it is not rgt to be in the water with ppl who are deep in sin"

;)
  • omg i think that's too much to think about! it might even make u feel more than alot of people just cos u don't know if they r christians or not..
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=4;threadid=4366;start=0#msg60545 date=1157852171]
    wow...........

i asked my parents and they said that cuz " u get in the water with ppl who aren't holy and u have god's holy blood and body inside of you! and it is not rgt to be in the water with ppl who are deep in sin"

;)

seriously i never heard of that i heard that its like ur washing away the holy spirit or something
  • and i heard u have to wait 9 hours till u can take a shower or something
  • i have heard that
  • ya i am thinkin that there are many differenbt reasons not just one
  • i might be wrong tell me if i am..
  • umm..i guess what you guyz said is right..but i really think when you take the body and blood of christ..its INSIDE you..how is it gonna come out in the water? thats the point i don't get..cuz u eat and drink after church and stuff!!

GBU
    sandra
  • i think cuz the holy body and blood are still in your mouth! even if it was the tighnest piece! and u might sowallo water or somen like that!.............

???

but is it wrong to wear swimsuits??? bikini style??

guys i am sure you don't have a problem with that!!

i am not soo skinny and i wear 'em! and in u.s. you can NOT go in the water with colth on! it has to be a swimsuite!~
  • well..swimsuits aren't bad..but if its showing too much then its it..remember we have to give respect to God's body!

GBU
    sandra
  • ;)

any-other toughts???
  • u kno i have a halterini and the bottum is like suchhh a short skirt its cute but it covers ur bootay lol and thehalter is shirt type
  • i have the same thing! ;)
    eventhough my dad DOES NOT approve of it! :-\
  • there is a verse that means, everything is pure for those who are pure. i can't remember the actual words sorry.

It is as you feel inside you,

if you 'think' it's wrong don't wear it
    if you feel nothing about it and it's normal and alright then no problem

if you think it's wrong but not sure and feel like wearing it go to your father of confession and ask him and if you can't ask him then DONT WEAR IT and there are normal swim suits it doesn't have to be a bikini sisters :)

God be with you all miss you dodo! ;)
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=4;threadid=4366;start=15#msg60620 date=1157991153]
    i have the same thing! ;)
    eventhough my dad DOES NOT approve of it! :-\

mine just says ghati nafsik and i act like im listening lol and the he doesnt say anything please we r in the beach atleats we doint wear bikinissssssss