What to do when for Pope and Bishop visits

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi Guys
Please I need someone to explain (Please fully in details without missing any single information) about what alhan I have to say when a pope or a bishop comes, Please I need the sequence of the alhan from (A to Z) because I'm a biginner and I don't know much staff about the visits of the Bishop and Pope, so again I'm repeating, please tell me the sequence of alhan in full details, also please tell me about what to say for vesper or for the mass.

thanks

Baladoos

Comments

• hey baladoos (sorry spelling)

i would help you out on that , but i am not a deacon!
    and i am sure u-know why

GBWU
    pray for me and my uncle's soul
    mira
  • i can HELP OUT(as no one has replied)..nofen in details or anything..

and not SURE

when the Bishop enters..everyone in asutralia go outside the church until he has arrived (usually he comes before the choosing of the orbana) and as he is approaching the church, the deacons enter in one line with the first person holding a large cross sayen ..EPORO!! (luv that hymn)

and then...the mass proceeds as everyother masss...

HOWEVER at the end when we say.kerya layson keryalayson keryaaflogi soon ameena ....and so on..

there is a bit that they had for the bishop..not100 % sure what it is..but i luv hearen it...it goes something like arketcheef kharisestimetoli entefgalas entea soft te ageya...

and yeh ITS LONGGGGG i probably said the first part wrong anyways...

and then..thats IT!!

sorry i wasnt clear or details or maybe even accurate

but as a GIRLLLLLLL that i all i am able to observe..NO LESSON >>NUFEN..hhaa..

and i cant also be a deacon and u KNOW WHY ..ahaha (bentbabyasoo3)haha..

anywyas..sokeonw pls go ova what i said..and CORRECT ME!!
  • Hello,

In vespers:

If the pope is present with bishops then during their procession into the Church the congeregation sing Evlogimenos, if it is a bishop by himself or with other bishops i.e. no pope then they say ekesmarowt.

In the verse of the cymbals they say the part for the pope and the bishop " tente ho ero o-eyos theos ethrek ......" and " nem bef ke eshfer en litorghos...."

During the doxolgy's u can say the doxology for the pope.

After the COPTIC psalm the deacon sings " marochasf" and after the psalm in the langauge of translation the deacon also sings " Let them exalt him...." which is a translation of "marochasf"

Then in the end of service hymn Amen Alleluia zoxa parti.... u say the part for the pope and bishop " akchi etkharis em moyses te met oweeb ente melchizedek te met khenlo enta yakoub ..."

As for the liturgy, the hymns of procession are as in vespers.
    Instead of saying the long so after the thanksgiving prayer,
    " Ni savev is said instead"

The gospel arangements are exactly as vespers. The liturgy continues as normal and the end of service hymn is the same as vespers.

Hope that helped

Ariefmeve khen pek eshleel
  • When one of the father comes to the church during:

Vespers and Matins:

The deacons would start chanting ekesmarooot (or evlogimenos and and ekesmaro for HH)

(if the bishop comes in the middle of the gospel or a special prayer, nothing is said to break the prayer.

(If the bishop comes before the vespers start, the deacons would be linning up outside the church door with the cross leading the procession into the church
    and to the alter.)

Than in the response of "pray that God...", there is a part that is added.

as said before, there is 2 parts that are added in the verses of cymbels.

in the doxologies, you said the one for the Pope and add a part for the bishop.

than also as mentioned before, instead of saying alleluia in the psal response, you say the tawaf, Maro-echasf in coptic and continue with alleluia. (u can say the psalmof the day before the tawaf)

in the gospel, "Let them Him...", is said after HG is done with the psalm.

than at the end akitchi is added to Amen Alleluia.

Liturgy:
    Normally the congergation is waiting for HG to come because he will rise the sacrifice. so the deacons would line up outside the door of the church lead by the cross and waiting for HG. while going in, the deacons chant eporo (most ppl just say ekesmaroto).

Than in the response of "pray that God...", there is a part that is added.

than the deacons say ni-saviv instead of sothis amen.

the hitini part is added for the bishop (speaking as tho the part for the Pope is Already said on yearlly times).

than there is an praxes response that can be said.

than also as mentioned before, instead of saying alleluia in the psal response, you say the tawaf, Maro-echasf in coptic and continue with alleluia. (u can say the psalmof the day before the tawaf)

in the gospel, "Let them Him...", is said after HG is done with the psalm.

there is a gespel response that is said (2 parts for HH and HG)

for aspasmos adam, there is 1 part that is added for Hg (speaking as tho the part for the Pope is Already said on yearlly times).

than there is a response in the short fractions taht is added.

than at the end akitchi is added to Amen Alleluia.

at anythoer response and all the ones i mention above, HH is always listed first and than the Bishop or the Metrobalatin.
  • When one of the father comes to the church during:

fathers or bishops or the pope? and is it different in anything apart from ekesmarout?

by the way the explainations r great ppl GBU
  • also to add to what everyone said, there is another part after the aboslution - may your servants and ministers of this day.......after this is done, then the congregation says a part which is like em penyot etayout en arshi erevs papa abba..... and then begin taishouri/ti shouri and then after the hitens you do pi ehmot ghar which is for the bishop/pope.

also when the pope is entering you do evlogimenos but if there is bishops you do ekesmarout.
  • Thanks very much all of you, i found a great help of that
  • Hey, Please I need to ask more questions, When then do we say (te met esnooty) and (Shenooty to Makario)?

Also we you say the the following for the bishob only when he comes for a visit?

1: Psalm Tawaf
    2: E-aghaby
    3: Big Be-ehmot ghar
    4: Te-met esnooty?

If yes, can you please tell me exactly when we say them inside the vesper or the mass?

Thanks

• If somone could please type the doxology for the pope that would be nice
  • it is in coptic.if u need it in arabic i can type it for u but sorry ,i don`t have it in english ....
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4357;start=0#msg59940 date=1156892137]
    Hey, Please I need to ask more questions, When then do we say (te met esnooty) and (Shenooty to Makario)?

Also we you say the the following for the bishob only when he comes for a visit?

1: Psalm Tawaf
    2: E-aghaby
    3: Big Be-ehmot ghar
    4: Te-met esnooty?

If yes, can you please tell me exactly when we say them inside the vesper or the mass?

Thanks

1-Psalm Tawaf : is said after the coptic psalm and before reading the coptic gospel in vesper,matin or mass ( i.e. it is said between the psalm and the gospel in any language )
    2- long Bi-ehmot ghar : said after coptic Pauline .
    3- E-aghaby : said instide of long bi ehmot ghar .
    4- ......... to Makario : said instide of long bi ehmot ghar .
    5- Te-met esnooty : said after any one of these 3 hymns.

if a bishop only is present,i think we say the tawaf only and short bi ehmot ghar.
  • So Please I got a question: for the psalm tawaf, do we say it straight after the litany of the gospel before alleluia and then continue with alleluia, or do we say it after we say stand up in the fear of god and listen to the holy gospel?

Thanks

Hany
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4357;start=0#msg59864 date=1156811531]
    Hi Guys
    Please I need someone to explain (Please fully in details without missing any single information) about what alhan I have to say when a pope or a bishop comes, Please I need the sequence of the alhan from (A to Z) because I'm a biginner and I don't know much staff about the visits of the Bishop and Pope, so again I'm repeating, please tell me the sequence of alhan in full details, also please tell me about what to say for vesper or for the mass.

thanks

Baladoos

Go to this link. You should find all the hymns from A to Z.
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Other_Occasions/Papal_Hymns/Wagdi_Bishara.html

thanks

• [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4357;start=0#msg60034 date=1157061514]
    So Please I got a question: for the psalm tawaf, do we say it straight after the litany of the gospel before alleluia and then continue with alleluia, or do we say it after we say stand up in the fear of god and listen to the holy gospel?

after the litany of the gospel we say "epsalmos to david ,then psalm of the day then the tawaf (which is also a psalm ) and finally alleluia.then the deacon says "stand up ...."
  • Anyone have a source that states in what order we honor the pope, metropolitans, diocese bishops, and bishops?

I heard that if you have 2 metropolitans you honor both. If you have 3 or more you group them. Same with bishops.

Now if you have 3 metropolitans and 1 bishop, do you group the metropolitans and say the bishop's name? I know that may be extremely rare.
    Also, If you have a diocese bishop, like bishop David, and you have more than 3 bishops in attendance and the pope, do you single out bishop David because he is the bishop of the diocese?

In the hymn H-agape, there is a part that is said for the diocese bishop. Do you say that if you have more than 3 bishops, or do you go on to group them?

Random question: When do you say Shanirompi? I've seen it said as the gospel response and was questioning it.
  • The order is simple:
    Pope
    Metropolitan (if more than one, you consider seniority)
    Bishop of the diocese
    Other bishops (if more than one, you consider seniority)

Now about grouping, i believe its whatever suits you....

Sha ni rombi is actually a part that is said after pi-epnevma. i am not sure why would you say it as a gospel response, but the text can probably fit in that way. 

• so if you have a bishop of the diocese do you single him out even if there are other bishops and some who may be senior?
  • In "apetjeek", what are the lyrics for multiple bishops?
    Here's my guess (probably way off):
    "ere pismoo innee-episkopos neniotee etai-out nee-etkee neman"
  • I would change it to "Ere piesmoo ente niepiskopos nenioti ethowab ny-etkee neman