End Of The World?

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hi, im still pretty new here but while I was reading the new thread on Elijah and remembering a past thread that mentioned something on the end of the world a question keeps coimg to mind what order of events will happen as the end of the world comes. Everytime I think I got this topic understood something else comes to mind, and i know its a sin to guess when it's coming so we wont be doing anything like that! I would just like to know the order of events leading up to it as best as we know it according to the Holy Bible for example the coming of the anti-christ and whatever else will take place?

Comments

• Whoever thinks that he can calculate & tell about the time of this day He is not sinner, he is just an idiot.
    Here is my advice don't make yourself bussy with the end of the world, U better think about the end of your life. 2000 years ago Jesus said in revelation i come quikly.When he promised Adam with salvation it happened after 5000 years.
    At least we don't have these bad days like the world war I & II . The end of the world will not happen within these few years of our life, But for sure we 'll die within these few years. U better look for your death rather than thinking about the end of the world.
  • I agree with faithless here...but it's still nice to know what'll happen in the future, but actually Jesus told us most events...

check this:

Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not [one] stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down." 3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what [will be] the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" 4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. 6 "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 "All these [are] the beginning of sorrows. 9 "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. 10 "And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. 15 " Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 "Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 "And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 "For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 "And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened. 23 "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here [is] the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe [it.] 24 "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 "See, I have told you beforehand. 26 "Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; [or] 'Look, [He is] in the inner rooms!' do not believe [it.] 27 "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 "For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together. 29 " Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. 32 " Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer [is] near. 33 "So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near -- at the doors! 34 "Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away. 36 " But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 "But as the days of Noah [were,] so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 "For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 "and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 "Then two [men] will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 "Two [women will be] grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. 42 "Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. 43 "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 "Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. 45 " Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? 46 "Blessed [is] that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. 47 "Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods. 48 "But if that evil servant says in his heart, 'My master is delaying his coming,' 49 "and begins to beat [his] fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunkards, 50 "the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for [him] and at an hour that he is not aware of, 51 "and will cut him in two and appoint [him] his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

u could also check out the explanation of Fr Tadros Y. Malaty online of the book of Revelations...

http://www.saintmark.com/topics/biblestudy/revelation.pdf
  • oh yeah, forgot to say; that part was from Matthew 24 ;D
  • Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

I find the part I highlighted to be very strong. Also thanks mmatt95 for your hard work in finding information. And thanks faithless for your wise words but i'd just like to know for a knowledgable stand-point. Because I always find my friends asking me about the end of the world and my opinion and id like to give them a good answer Bible related. Ok so thanks for all we got so far but now what about some of the other events leading up to it like the anti-christ, or in the last post about Elijah how does that come into play?
  • i suggest u read the book from Fr tadros yakoub malaty, but it seems in short that elija and henoch, both taken to heaven without dying, will come to make their testimony, and they would both be killled by the anti-christ and his followers
  • i cant wait to go to heaven ;D
    another thingy i should mention>
    everyone dies in the best part of their lives :)
    ItZaLlGoOd ;)
  • Lets pray that we make it to heaven ;) :P
  • [quote author=Kirolos Michael link=topic=430.msg78258#msg78258 date=1192210961]
    Why don't you read the revelation. You will need someone to help you as you wouldn't understand every single meaning.

Revelation is something not meant for us to understand, nor will we ever understand it. It is not meant to be interpreted nor should we. It is unexplainable. I do not recommend reading it until you have read and studied the rest of the Bible.
  • I do not think it is important nor should we worry about the events that will occur leading up to Christ's Second Coming and the judgment day. What we should worry about is our own spiritual life and if when the day comes Christ looks at us and says "Good and humble servant" or does not know who we are because we have separated ourselves from him. So we should all be watchful because we will never know when the end will come but most importantly we must be ready at any time.

God Bless
  • And we look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.

We should anticipate the end of days, knowing yours is coming at a time you might not expect- so always be diligent and cling to what is good:

Let love be without hypocrisy.
    Abhor what is evil,
    Cling to what is good. - Romans 12:9