A question

Hi all
If anyone know el shahead of my signature, please let me know.
Also, I wanna say that I am glad I joined this forum, I loveing it.

Comments

• wat u mean by el shahead?????
    i thought jesus said that???
    "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”John 16:33
  • no, "shaheed" is the arabic word for martyr...
  • Hello,
    alshahead is (John 16:33) and thats what I was looking for thank you. It is pronounced sha.head not sha.heed.
  • oh, im so sorry, but thats what it looked like to me...
  • kay i don't realy get what the topic is alllll about!!
    plz someone help me! :-X
  • Welcome AthanasiusTheApostolic, hope you enjoy your time here and learn alot from our forums!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2670;start=0#msg41232 date=1130464231]
    Hi all
    If anyone know el shahead of my signature, please let me know.
    Also, I wanna say that I am glad I joined this forum, I loveing it.

Sandrahanna,
    I think he needs help with his signature, if I'm not mistaken, and AthanasiusTheApostolic, hope to hear from you soon!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Hi all,
    Thanks Pi Onkh, Christ4Life, and Coptic servant for your concern. I got what I was looking for, which is "John 16:33"

Sorry for the confusion, I did not know that many of you don't speak arabic. It is clear from your replies. Is that why my other arabic posts dont have any replies or is it because your not concerned with copts in Egypt?
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2670;start=0#msg41386 date=1130708478]
    Hi all,
    Thanks Pi Onkh, Christ4Life, and Coptic servant for your concern. I got what I was looking for, which is "John 16:33"

Sorry for the confusion, I did not know that many of you don't speak arabic. It is clear from your replies. Is that why my other arabic posts dont have any replies or is it because your not concerned with copts in Egypt?

Actually I am concerned, If I had a translation system on here I would be able to reply, but I can't read, I can only speak, and it's great to know you found what you were looking for!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • no of course we're concerned! its just that most of us only speak and understand... i cant read or write, so i wait for a translation...
  • Hi all,
    This is a link I found contains media files and it is in English. Chech it out.

http://mychristianblood.blogspirit.com/archive/2005/10/29/latest-news-10-29-05.html
  • Hi all,
    In the link in the previous post make sure you watch the tears of Pope Shenouda III. It tells how much Copts are suffering in Egypt right now. The Pope couldn't help it when he mentioned the word cross (saleeb).
  • Hi all,
    I just wanna know, for the sake of curiosity, what did you feel when you saw the Pope's tears.
  • I was sad when i saw him cry. He is the head of Coptic Orthodoxy, therefore, if he cries, we cry since we are all One [church].
  • Amen...that was a really emotional moment
  • hey everyone and a spec. welcome to AthanasiusTheApostolic... thanx for putting that link up... i didn't realise the magnitude of wat has been happening in egypt... this makes me feel and should make everyone feel very grateful that we live, breath, eat, drink, have clothing and shelter EVERYDAY... and i very much doubt we have to fight for the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ in such a way that these Christians in egypt do... may we always remember them in our prayers and ask God to strengthen their faith and their courage...and i guess this is the only way we can help them...

God Bless You All
    Coptic21
  • Hi all,
    Do you know what I have been thinking of since the beginning of the barbaric attack against St. George Church in Alexandria?

I was like, if this is happening now in the 20th century in the presence of global media and international community that praise human rights, what was it like 1500 years ago when Muslims invaded Egypt and forced Islam by the power of the sword?!!!!

You can imagine the brutality and the magnitude of persecution. Thinking of that makes me feel proud of the Coptic Church and our martyrs (our grandfathers) who stood ground for their faith and never hesitated to die or suffer for Christ. Truly our Orthodox faith survived because of the martyrs, may their prayers be with all of us.

Yes we have to pray and pray. But also there many secondary civilized avenues to defend ourselves, like protesting, spreading word, bringing the attention of the world and many other methods. I believe that in Christianity forgiveness is not equivalent to passiveness. I forgive because I am strong. I forgive you not because I fear you but because I love you. This is a difficult equation, others can not understand although it is the core of our faith. So I try to be forgivable but not passive. I try the secondary avenues beside praying.
  • guys...sooo many Christians in egypt r saying that it is better for them to defend themselves not only by word of God....but also with the reaction of VIOLENCE... this is obviously incorrect.... because we know that this is un-Orthodox!!!

"Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." - Matt 5:44

Wats going on???

God Bless
    Coptic21
  • [quote author=Coptic21 link=board=11;threadid=2670;start=15#msg42201 date=1131448153]
    guys...sooo many Christians in egypt r saying that it is better for them to defend themselves not only by word of God....but also with the reaction of VIOLENCE... this is obviously incorrect.... because we know that this is un-Orthodox!!!

"Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." - Matt 5:44

Wats going on???

God Bless
    Coptic21

Hey Coptic21,
    I do adree with you. I wanna make sure that you did not misunderstand what I said. I said that there many secondary civilized avenues to defend ourselves, like protesting, spreading word, bringing the attention of the world and many other methods. I did not mention violence at all, I don't know where you got that from.

There is an important point we have to aknowledge, every individual behave according to his faith. For example if you were attacked by a fanatic extreme Muslim, how would you react? If you prayed for the Lord's help thats good, but if you prayed while running that even better. It gets on my nerves when people choose the ideal answers or what others regard as ideal seeking praise and simply say "Oo pray for the Lord." You have to ask yourself first, would you really do that? Ithe answer is yes, blessed is you faith and pray for my weakness.

Passivenes has been the plaque of our Coptic culture for ages. "Kindness is equivilant to passiveness" is a Coptic Myth, it is not true. Consider this "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves" (Matthew 10:16).

Oo yeah we have another myth, it is "turn the other cheek" myth. Visuallize this, someone slapped on your left cheek, you stood your ground, had eye contact with him and turned the other cheek. For God sake, this is not weakness, you are confronting him, to say the least you are strong cuz you don't return harm for harm.
  • His holiness quotes several times "Come unto me all you who labour and are heavy laden and I will give u rest" Matthew 11:28. So thats always reassuring.

But yea it was tough seeing him cry, cuz hes kinda our earthly shepard, and you can tell hes scared for his "flock" (the copts in Egypt) who are being persecuted.

But never would we use violence! The Coptic Church -throughout history- has always been persecuted. Be it by the Roman empire or the islamic nation, but we pulled through it even if it meant shedding our blood. Thats why we should take our religion seriously, and be SO THANKFUL for it...because it was given to us freely, but was bought with the blood of those before us.
  • [quote author=Maryann23_©oP† link=board=11;threadid=2670;start=15#msg42210 date=1131462952]
    [b]because it was given to us freely, but was bought with the blood of those before us.

[move]Amen[/move]
  • Athanasius u asked where i got this info that Copts want to fight back with violence... it was posted by MANY Christians on the link u put up...
    I don't understand wen u say "pray while u r running" from my understanding...this bluntly means that u have no faith that God will bring u out of ur time in trouble... why would u run if u had faith and hope in the Lord?
  • Hi,
    First of all run while praying is metaphore and I admit that I used a wrong term. I should have said defend yourself while praying but I didn't want it to seem like facing violence with violence so I said run. I meant do something, beside praying of course, be positive. Remeber when Jesus entered the temple and kicked all the merchants out and said that my temple is for praying.

My second point is that running doesn't mean absence of faith. It is ok to run from evil. When Joseph was in Egypt, Potiphar's wife was interested in him. One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside. She caught him by his cloak and said, "Come to bed with me!" But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house." (Genesis 39:11-12)
  • With Joseph i believe this is a completly different case... he was running because if he had stayed he would have committed a sin!!! n i don't think that u can compare persecution with adultry... it doesn't make sense to me... i'm sorry... maybe u have to be explain a bit more....

God Bless
    Coptic21
  • Coptic21,
    I said it was a metaphore. Please read my previous post one more time.
    [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2670;start=15#msg42274 date=1131543901]
    Hi,
    First of all run while praying is metaphore and I admit that I used a wrong term. I should have said defend yourself while praying but I didn't want it to seem like facing violence with violence so I said run. I meant do something, beside praying of course, be positive. Remeber when Jesus entered the temple and kicked all the merchants out and said that my temple is for praying.

On the second point [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2670;start=15#msg42274 date=1131543901]
    My second point is that running doesn't mean absence of faith. It is ok to run from evil. When Joseph was in Egypt, Potiphar's wife was interested in him. One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside. She caught him by his cloak and said, "Come to bed with me!" But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house." (Genesis 39:11-12)

I was not talking about persecution. I was talking about running from evil (did you read the post?) as a respond for your question "...why would u run if u had faith and hope in the Lord?" I used Joseph as example of man of faith who ran from evil or sin.

Nevertheless, running from persecution is all what Copts have been doing over ages. Why do you think south Egypt has more dense Coptic population than the north?

[move]Sorry for the confusion[/move]
  • Athanasius... sori... u reali confuzzled me there!

thanx for the explanation

God Bless
    Coptic21
  • What cofuzzled means?
  • i guess it means confused and puzzled? ???
  • How come puzzled ??? and thankful ;)?
  • yea...its confused and puzzeld...and i WAS confuzzeld... but i thanked u for un-confuzzling me....
    make sense??? :-\