Church Fathers

Hi everyone. I saw as just wondering if anyone could please share with me a good source to read the writings of our Church Fathers? Also where I can find te writings of the Desert Fathers. Thank you. May God bless you all. :)

Comments

• Dear Lovejoypeace: If you read Arabic, here is a great resource: http://www.christianlib.com you can download most writings of the Church Fathers from there. If you read English, most of the Church Father writings you can get on Amazon for less than a dollar (on Kindle). Many church website have such books for free as PDF. So if you know what exactly you are looking for, you can just search google and say for example "PDF Chrysostom" and the first few google hits will have writings for St John Chrysostom. If you need something in particular, let me know and I can help you find it. God Bless you 
  • So this is a good website of the Church fathers:

The only problem with this is that the English in some of these translations can be a bit old.

My recommendation is to consider the St. Vladimir's collection of Church fathers called "Popular Patristic Series":

In this collection you will find writings from the desert fathers and writings from famous Church fathers.  I would recommend anything by (as I'm reading down the list): 

St. Athanasius, St. Basil the Great, St. Gregory of Nyssa, St. Gregory the Theologian (aka St. Gregory of Nazianzus), St. Ephrem the Syrian, St. John Chrysostom, St. Irenaeus of Lyon, St. Hippolytus, St. Cyril of Jerusalem, St. Cyprian of Carthage, St. Jacob of Serug, St. Cyril of Alexandria, St. Ignatius of Antioch, St. Macarius the Great (desert father), and St. Didymus the Blind.

God bless.
  • Thank you both so much!