Doxologies intro

Hello all,
In the Doxologies intro, we say "Hail to you O Virgin, the right and true Queen"
السلام لك ايتها العذراء الملكة الحقيقية الحقانية

ما الفرق بين الحقيقية والحقانية؟

علما بأن الأصل القبطى
Ti oro emmi en alitheni
معناها الحقيقية باللغتين القبطية واليونانية
Emmi: Coptic from methmi (like khen ou methmi anesti)
Alitheni: Greek from Alithos (like Alithos anesti)

Comments

• Dear @Bisho82,
    You mean khan oumatmai afdonf, not anesty!
    Diowro emmai I guess refers to the Virgin in figure of speech, as she is the mother of the King of kings.. And 'nalitenai refers to her being a true queen as she has attained such a title through the witness of Christ when she has taken up a position unachievable for the human race..
    Oujai khan ebshois
  • There is no difference between mei and alethine. Both mean "true". One is Coptic and one is Greek as you said. The reason, I think, the words are used this way is to illustrate a bilingual idiom. In Coptic, repeating a word usually adds emphasis or duplication. For example, when we say the phrase "every day", we say "emmini emmini" (literally "day day"). The duplication of the word expresses the emphasis normally translated as "every". By using tioro emmei (adjective) enalethine (adjective) is to emphasize that no matter what language she the true queen. In colloquial English, we can change the sentence to "she is really really the queen." The redundancy expresses emphasis.

Does that make sense? 
  • I have seen some book drop "الحقانية" from the line. 
  • Hello ophadece,
    Thank you so much for your reply .. yes meant "Khen ou methmi aftonf" which is the coptic form of "Alithos Anesti"

Oujai khen epchoice
  • Hello Remnkemi,
    Ti sheb ehmot entotk .. Your reply is more than enough and of course makes sense.

I like your sentense so much:
    "By using tioro emmei (adjective) enalethine (adjective) is to emphasize that no matter what language she the true queen."

Oujai khen epchoice
  • Hi Mina,
    Thank you so much for your reply. Yes. And we used to say it in the past الملكة الحقيقية dropping الحقانية

Then changed to say both words together

But the problem is that some people nowadays saying it should be الحقانية only and dropping الحقيقية claiming that الحقيقي should said only to God.
  • Dear @Remnkemi,
    No, 'mmani 'mmani doesn't convey emphasis through repetition.. It is just an expression meaning day by day, daily or always..
    Oujai khan ebshois