Problems of Unity in the Coptic Church

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Dear friends,

I would like to study deeply, by the grace of God, the factors that cause divisions within and among Coptic congregations, particularly in the West. So I ask,
What are some things that disrupt the unity within a youth group/congregation? What causes problems between and among parishes? Please think of the problem from the smallest child to the oldest person/highest ranking clergyman.

In our Lord,

Nader

Comments

• hay nader first of all welcom ei hope u enjoy and benifet from thi website
    i think some things that are affect the church's unity is the media, society, ummm peer pressure, school/work watevr umm thats all i can think of now

hope i helped
    GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=1;threadid=1473;start=0#msg23912 date=1113916403]
    i think some things that are affect the church's unity is the media, society, ummm peer pressure, school/work watevr umm thats all i can think of now

no, i think the question is, Y do other churches Compete!! Parish A versus Parish B, y does this conflict happen? Y?

my simple answer is that We Are Egyptian 8)
    although im sure there are lots more reasons y we do it! i can write a whole book about it! but i aint got time to do this business...tsk
    yalla, lets c some REPLIES
  • I agree the problem is that we are EGYPTIAN. thats Accessory to the facts. Egyptians are too arrogent and to sensitive. They have been raised with the spirit of competition first, and love ssecond. And this can't be held aganist the older generations, its what Egypt taught them to be. But the problem is now with our current youth who progress this problem because of self confidence about their parish or the lack there of. Its a nataural humn phenomenon to be competitive...but in truth the compeititon is nothing for we are "One body, one mind and one spirit, in one Baptism"

N.O.P.
  • wow nice Psalmist...
    infact, very nicely put... also, another major conflict of the churches is in the Coptic skool and teenagers like us....
    i heard about the coptic skool here, having four diferent Major Skool Groups... theres Easties, Northies, Westies, Southies, and these are depending on wat location ur church is at!... lol.. this is Extremely shamefully Wrong!! and i Thank the Lord i DONOT and WILLNOT go to skool with this Egyptan style Conflict...urgh..
    i would LOVE to go in detail but agen, i dont have the chance and time...
    also, the teens my age, think like there parents, they hear this STUPID gossip from their parents and then Spred the word... for example, a kid from a chruch far away was talkin bout Anba Danial, and he goes to me, that "anba Danial travels, and Talks, and does meetings, and watever, but he Never DOES anything!"
    u tell me where he got this stuff from? OBviously his Parents or Egyptains! OBVIOUSLY i tell u. oh man and he got a big-Booboo-u-know-where after i told him off the Nice Christian way! i COnvinced him that Anba Danial DOES do Everything for Everyone and all churches, and he PRAYs and Fasts so much! so much that im not allowed to tell nobody! (i go to the diocese alot n all, n i KNOW everything thing n Anbaa Danials Timetable Daily, and i tell u, he is a VERY Busy person, infact, i could write a whole book on this topic, and wat others think of AD!
    GBU