need good advice or opinion

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Greetings in Christ. +

I need the communitie's good opinion,.....what will you do, while have a family, if you are been called to be a servant, even unworthy of the grace,  and your wife didnt agree or support you, will you pursue it? and the persons told you about it are, one a layman, one a monk-priest and another a highest rank Church official in egypt....thanks for the advice in advance. +

Comments

• good question can one just let a wife fall into sins because of your decision? but there is no excuse for her because she should not be against you seeking your salvation
    it is clear you can not leave her if you are married to her but she has to commit adultery are you willing to bear that? then you can leave her because you are responsible not to leave your wife or you will be an adulterer
    how will you live with your wife while she is against you?
    I guess there is already enough sin in the world and if she wants to join the world thats her wickedness that you are in no way resposible for but you can destroy a family for the sake of religion.
    You may lose your children also you must make them bear the thought that their mum may not join you in heaven if you were to make it on the narrow road clearly she has revealed she is a child of hell already whether you would have converted or not but now your children will see it before their face
    its the price one takes for following the truth. He who has believed the truth must respond to it
    maybe she wants to make it like orthodox are not even christian at all , on what basis? does she have fruits that show she is a christian? does she have a sound mind is she patient with hearing you speak the words of God? is she able to be convincing if not then her path is not for you she should accept peoples free will and you must respect her also as she prays for you to be not orthodox (as she blasphemously assumes we are not christian) and you must listen to her reasoning and if you agree with her go back to being non orthodox

• thanks again...every word you written is happening to me..its hard to choose..as I said to her, we continue with htis Church or return but she said, why we wouldnt just as a simple orthodox member?...so I dont know what to do...Abouna maybe visit us next few days from egypt, and who we are why this happen to us, except dust and ashes.....it is really hard, hard as I thought...few years ago I asked how, then it happen, but lately I didnt expect that He is calling, from middle of egypt.....please pray for me and family...+ + +
  • Christs yoke is easy and his burden is light for those who love Him
    His commandments are not burdensome for those who follow Him earnestly
    As an orthodox person you are called to be set apart from the world but this does not mean to forsake the world unless God specifically shows you that
    Often that means living with those outside the world who have not received the Spirit of Christ and so can not live godly lives
    you are in the world not because you like to enjoy the world but because as St Paul says you would then need to be out of the world which Jesus did not say to do He says I pray that you would keep them from the evil one
    Also St Paul says to live in peace with all as much as depends on you
    if your wife makes room for your embracing of the truth she would then help you to bear more fruit as a christian and allow you to spend more time in prayer to God as a single man does for St Paul desired that those who had wives be as though they had none but that can not be as long as one partner is weak and needing to please her for those who are married care for the things of the world how they may please their wife
    1 Corinthians 7:6 I say this as a concession, not as a command.
    God makes concession though He would prefer one was seeking first the kingdom of God and making disciples of all nations but that is not required for all
    if we are in the world it is not to live for ourselves but because we must trade in the world each has his own calling which bears fruit to the kingdom not all are effective preachers
    I say this for I know it may be hard living only with egyptians and they may not give you attention and you want to save outsiders. I guess its not so bad living with egyptians and prayer with outsiders and serving with them but you must not overburden your wife
    Lot had to follow God even though his wife would not

• thank you again mike....may the other member also share their thoughts about this, those who also advised me several years ago..I will appreciate it very much. +
  • remember that the husband is often saved through the wife and the wife through her husband.
    God has already given you a leadership position and a job to do; he has put you in the best position to lead your wife and family into a closer relationship with God through your kind words and deeds and your gentle and patient words.
    when you have completed this task, then maybe you can also serve in other places.
    may God guide you and give you great patience and peace.
    please pray for me too.
  • [quote author=jeroldmatoy link=topic=14602.msg165845#msg165845 date=1378475163]
    Greetings in Christ. +

I need the communitie's good opinion,.....what will you do, while have a family, if you are been called to be a servant, even unworthy of the grace,  and your wife didnt agree or support you, will you pursue it? and the persons told you about it are, one a layman, one a monk-priest and another a highest rank Church official in egypt....thanks for the advice in advance. +

[quote author=jeroldmatoy link=topic=14602.msg165848#msg165848 date=1378478677]
    thanks again...every word you written is happening to me..its hard to choose..as I said to her, we continue with htis Church or return but she said, why we wouldnt just as a simple orthodox member?...so I dont know what to do...Abouna maybe visit us next few days from egypt, and who we are why this happen to us, except dust and ashes.....it is really hard, hard as I thought...few years ago I asked how, then it happen, but lately I didnt expect that He is calling, from middle of egypt.....please pray for me and family...+ + +

[quote author=jeroldmatoy link=topic=14602.msg165851#msg165851 date=1378482324]
    thank you again mike....may the other member also share their thoughts about this, those who also advised me several years ago..I will appreciate it very much. +

[ post removed by Admin due to generalization, using opinions as facts to be followed in the Church, condemnation to persons, inappropriate usage of words, incorrect interpretation of the Bible and misunderstanding between people’s personal conditions within the Church and in a secular society ]         
  • I should change my name to "The Thorn in Irishpilgrim's side" since I always comment after him, asking the OP to take absolutely nothing of IPs post into consideration. The reason I do this is not because his opinions are wrong, but are sure to destroy families.

The advice of Mabsoota (as with all her advice) is sound, and true. I recommend something along her lines. Please disregard Irishpilgrim's words. They have proven to be a recipe for disaster.

Ray
  • Ray, wait till Irishpilgrim adds an "ism" to your name like "Remnkemi=freudism".

This isn't a matter of being a thorn in his side. This is a matter of exposing the demonic intention of his post. We need to make it absolutely clear that we will not stand for Irishpilgrim's constant unsupported claims calling our clergy demonic, divorce lovers, hypocritical Levites and priests. We will not stand for Irisihpilgrim's claim that Islam is the role model of God's plan and Christianity is the heretical neighbor. (And lest he claims I am misrepresenting his words again, here it is: "God may be using Islam to demonstrate some of the gender and family benefits of His created gender and family order to neighboring rebellious, disobedient heretical christian communities. ")

There is no "complicit silence and disinterest of the current heretical Coptic popes, bishops, clergy and community leaders regarding this matter", as he claims. There is no silence. The Coptic clergy and community have always maintained the icon of marriage as described in the Scriptures, not some bogus pseudo-scripture male supremacy misogyny of the family. Irisihpilgrim has NEVER given a coherent description of his patriarchal order. It always amounts to ad hominum formulae implying "anyone who disagrees with irishpilgrim is feminist, evil, freudian, demonic, and non-Christian." Yet it is he who calls Islam good and Christianity evil. Isaiah 5:20.

We must have zero tolerance for such evil.

Bring on the ad hominum, Irishpilgrim.
  • Agreed, Rem. Thank you for being bold on this one :D And the owrst thing about this, is that he promotes these falsehoods at the risk of leading a poor soul to destruction.

May the Lord Rebuke you IrishPilgrim! In such matters, there is no room for your demonic thoughts. None, and anyone who stands for them is promoting your evil and ill-willed attack on God's church and his people.

Ray