Tattoo on the wrist opposed to the arm

I am aware that in Leviticus 19:28 it is written, “‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord." But I have also seen many Christians with tattoos of a cross on their wrist. I believe it is an accepted contradiction to the verse I stated.

But I think I once heard that it is okay to put a cross on the wrist, but not on the arm. First of all correct me if I am wrong, I speak based on what others say. But if that really is the case, what is the reason?

Comments

• It depends. If you live in the states, it is not acceptable because it is a tattoo. But in Egypt, it is used as identification. It is a declaration of your Christianity in a country that hates Christianity. There is no reason for it in the America. Naturally, people who have it from Egypt can't remove. Since it isn't for showing off, it should be small, and I personally think a small wrist would look weirdon the arm lol
  • Leviticus 19:28 says not to mark your body because it was used as a form of paganism. For some reason people keep bringing this verse up even though the verse before it, Leviticus 19:27, says: "You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard." Now I don't understand why people put so much emphasis on verse 28 when the whole chapter of Leviticus 19 speaks about things that we do everyday as being a sin. Also, people say that your body is a temple of God and that is why tattoos are a sin. Your body is a temple of God but it's what's on the inside rather than the outside. If tattoos were a sin just because your body is a temple of God, then getting scars, bruises, and breaking bones would also be a sin. I'm not saying that tattooing is okay and I'm not a big fan of it either. But what I'm trying to say is that it's not a sin and it doesn't matter where you get the cross tattooed. No where in the Bible does it say that only crosses on the wrists are tolerable even though I understand that it's based on our church history. If you enjoy having marks remain permanently on your skin for the rest of your life then be my guest.