how to start confession?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Thanks for asking this. I have asked this before privately, and was a little surprised to find out that Copts do not have some sort of introductory phrase. Catholics do, so I guess I got too comfortable with that.

Anyway, I don't see what is wrong with what you say...why do you feel awkward about it? Also, what does your priest advise? (If you have told him that this is awkward for you)
  • i start with "ubouna lately i have .... "
    i feel you and understand how u may think it feels akward , my father of confession taps his cross on his lap and just stares at me waiting for me to say something
    that will always happen lol

+mahraeel+
  • Fortunately, my FOC always begins with "hey how are you, and how are u doing at school, etc?" Then I just start to confess.
    So I think you can just ask Abouna how are you and then starting to confess your sins..

Gb
  • Maybe you can write down your sins on paper and read it during confession, and continue from what you wrote.

Please remember me in your prayers....
  • [quote author=CopticStrength link=topic=11575.msg139242#msg139242 date=1307647831]
    Maybe you can write down your sins on paper and read it during confession, and continue from what you wrote.

Please remember me in your prayers....

Might as well write a book of all my sins I did in my life and give it to Abouna.
  • i write them down too. that way i dont forget anything i wanted to say =]

+mahraeel+
  • My FOC asks a bunch of questions about my life then asks what do I want to tell him so he basically starts it.
  • My father of confession usually asks me how I've been getting on, usually tries to put me more at ease by giving me a compliment or asking my opinion about a future event or something similar. Then I just proceed to speak.
  • Start off like the prodigal son when he returned to his father. I usually also add a disclaimer that I will unintentionally forget many things!