Recent topics

2»

Comments

• dzheremi and ilovesaintmark,

Stop betraying me! Just cause I don't have a beard and black dress doesn't mean it's illegal to take opposite sides with Fr. Peter.
    You two should feel extremely ashamed. If I were America, I would fire you both.

Father Peter,

Vietnam doesn't count. Our troops weren't trained for Korea. Never heard of Somalia. We lost on purpose with Cuba (to remain a humble nation). We haven't lost with Afghanistan and Iraq.. we just haven't won yet.

If you have any further questions, please take it up with my secretary, Barack Obama.

Thanks.
  • Father Peter!! Dzheremi just explained to me what happened in Somalia and that doesn't count as a war!! We were being generous and kind-hearted by not letting them starve and they attacked us! That's not a war. Thats the most unfortunate news in all of history (because it happened to Americans).

Take Somalia off the list please.
  • Of course it counts, though. I didn't mean to imply it didn't count. Once we started going after Aidiid the locals turned against the Americans and the international forces (there were some Pakistanis who got killed too, if I remember correctly), so eventually everyone had to pull out of Somalia, both the USA and the UN. So we "lost" in the sense of not completing our objective to (a) secure food aid for the people so that the warlords wouldn't steal it, and (b) find and kill the warlord who had become our target.

In fact, after the senior Aidiid died, his son who had been one of the US troops who served on the mission returned to Somalia to take over his father's place. The world is a strange place sometimes.
  • You're fired. Again.
  • I only give Britain credit for one thing:

They have Father Peter :)  

Your work in ecumenism is much appreciated. I wish our priests and bishops here in the US worked as hard as you do towards this goal of unity-especially between us and the EO. I'd also like to add, that our Coptic churches here in America have failed miserably in reaching out to the community. I'd love to see something similar to your community outreach here in the US. I would also love to meet you someday-better yet, attend your church.  

PK