Prayers Needed.

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Hello,
    I need prayers for my mental and physical health. I was diagnosed with postpartum depression and anxiety and need lots of prayers and help. This has been a very rough and difficult period in my life. When I became ill with a really bad and resistant stomach infection it really was the straw that broke the camel's back. It took a huge toll on me physically and made me lose alot of weight and was never so ill in my life. It made me realize how weak I am physically and mentally. I am a new mom and have been needing help learning how to be a new mom. I always worry that something bad will happen to us or that something bad will happen. I can't stop worrying or being anxious. I've tried praying and reading the Bible but feel like I am still empty and have no peace. I am taking medication for my mental health but would like therapy  *can't currently afford for a therapist at the moment* or talk to someone occasionally to get through this rough period. If someone would like to talk with me or counsel me they can contact me on my email at [email protected].

Thank you,
Nelly

Comments

• God be with you.
    I hope that God will help you thru this period.

Cyril
  • Hi nnelly,

I was looking through some ebooks, and found this really good book, by H.H Pope Shenouda titled, "Calmness". It is a really helpful book and very thorough: http://www.orthodoxebooks.org/node/9
    If your time is scarce, then u might want to start reading from Chapter 3 onwards.

Sorry for only giving you a reference.

Please remember me in your prayers
  • God be with you.

I suggest you send SuperManBAM a PM. He counsels for free for tasbeha members ;) He's really good too, if I may add.
  • Yep, best therapist i know (and the only one). LOL. but wih all seriousness:

May God help you, sister, and give you strength to raise your children in the fear of God, and may He have mercy according to His great Mercy.Amen.