Psalm's For Kiahk

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Im really confused at the moment. I know that there is psalms for each week of kiahk but do we say those psalms or do we just say Alleluia

Comments

• [quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=10213.msg124845#msg124845 date=1292622562]
    Im really confused at the moment. I know that there is psalms for each week of kiahk but do we say those psalms or do we just say Alleluia

Actually there are the "sundays' psalms" not the weekly tawaf psalms.
    if you know the psalm, and you wanna say it, you can say it. if not, you just say the alleluia (that is a little differnt than the annual one).
  • So if there is a liturgy tom, we can say Alleluia kiahk tune psalm or we can say? wat is the other option?
  • [quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=10213.msg124847#msg124847 date=1292624612]
    So if there is a liturgy tom, we can say Alleluia kiahk tune psalm or we can say? wat is the other option?

no you would the PSALM OF THE DAY (the reading from the katameros) in the tune of the psalm of kiahk. you have to rakeep the tune on tomorrow psalm.
    you have to know that there is the the word "Alleluia" by itself....that's the general response
    then there is the looong alleluias (three alleluias not one) that gets you into the psalm.
  • ooooh okay i see, so can you  say the 3 alleluias by themselves? or do u have to add the psalm of the day after the 3 alleluias?
  • [quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=10213.msg124850#msg124850 date=1292625355]
    ooooh okay i see, so can you  say the 3 alleluias by themselves? or do u have to add the psalm of the day after the 3 alleluias?

well yeah...you can say what you want...but just no need to. what's wrong with the one alleluia?!
  • what do u mean "one alleliua" lol i have only learned that for Kiahk we say the 3 alleluias in a special tune. Like Ibrahim Ayad says in http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Fasts/Nativity/Ibrahim_Ayad.html the 11th hymn "alleluia"
  • [quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=10213.msg124852#msg124852 date=1292625906]
    what do u mean "one alleliua" lol i have only learned that for Kiahk we say the 3 alleluias in a special tune. Like Ibrahim Ayad says in http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Fasts/Nativity/Ibrahim_Ayad.html the 11th hymn "alleluia"

oh....i am sorry.
    so there is short 3 alleluias and long 3 allelulis. just say what's in the link
  • In my church, if we are going to do the psalm then we say the three long ones, but if we aren't we say the three short ones.
  • so in the link is that the 3 long ones?
  • [quote author=Kiro7 link=topic=10213.msg124856#msg124856 date=1292630052]
    so in the link is that the 3 long ones?

the link that says only "alleluia" that's short....the alleluias in the Psalm link is the long ones.
  • Guys I guess you're complicating things or you are confused. There are no long or short alleluja's. THe psalm starts with FOUR alleluja's and some people say those without chanting the psalm. However as a matter of shortening things as in the link some people omit the first alleluja and sing the THREE after (modifying just the beginning). Clear?
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10213.msg124858#msg124858 date=1292630830]
    Guys I guess you're complicating things or you are confused. There are no long or short alleluja's. THe psalm starts with FOUR alleluja's and some people say those without chanting the psalm. However as a matter of shortening things as in the link some people omit the first alleluja and sing the THREE after (modifying just the beginning). Clear?

nope....you just made it "weirder"
    there is no 4 alleluias......never in a psalm response.
  • For example:

The First Sunday Psalm:
    [coptic]"almoc =r=a @ =i=a nem =i=d
    Allylouia (g). `N;ok `P[oic ek`ekotk ek`esenhyt qa Ciwn. Je `pcyou pe e;reksenhyt qaroc.
    Allylouia (g). Je `P[oic ef`ekwt `nCiwn. Ouoh ef`eouonhf qen pef`wou.
    Allylouia =a=l =a=l.
    [/coptic]
  • I have reservations on your musical ear ya Mina for someone who keeps likening Fr. Methias' version of joyful psalm 150 to cantor Ibrahim's. Go listen closely to both and you'll find out I'm right. I drew maps before for all those aforementioned hymns.
  • Are you talking about the liturgy psalm? I'm talking about the one recorded by Fr. Methias and cantor Gad: sodam tashari. Hope this helps
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10213.msg124864#msg124864 date=1292632007]
    Are you talking about the liturgy psalm? I'm talking about the one recorded by Fr. Methias and cantor Gad: sodam tashari. Hope this helps

talking about liturgy psalm...sotem tashiri. the 2nd sunday psalm.
  • Ok please listen carefully and compare the two. Goodnight (good day for you) and God bless you
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10213.msg124866#msg124866 date=1292633374]
    Ok please listen carefully and compare the two. Goodnight (good day for you) and God bless you

hmmmm i don't know what you are talking about.

in both: the psalm of liturgy AND the long psalm 150 intro, there are only 3 alleluia. Ibrahim record this, HICS records......i am sure some else does to.
  • Ya all the ways I heard(which was 2) it had 3 alleluias
  • DEar Mina and geomike,
    I'm sure I'm not tripping as yet. Go listen again to both cantor Ibrahim and fr. Methias. I'll base my arguments on at least those having heard them just now (in that order).
    AS for cantor Ibrahim the 1st alleluja lasts from 0.00 - 0.58, the 2nd 0.58 - 1.18, the 3rd 1.19 - 1.34, 4th 1.34 - 1.41, and then says the first two quartets of the psalm and go back to the latter 3 alleluja's (which you call them short), then 3rd and 4th quartets and finish the same.
    As for Fr. Methias within HICS section on this website his 1st alleluja lasts from 0.00 - 0.52, 2nd 0.52 - 1.12, 3rd 1.13 - 1.28, and the last finishes around 1.34min or something like that.
    Both hymns are on this website... go check the recordings and not the text...
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10213.msg124880#msg124880 date=1292662606]
    DEar Mina and geomike,
    I'm sure I'm not tripping as yet. Go listen again to both cantor Ibrahim and fr. Methias. I'll base my arguments on at least those having heard them just now (in that order).
    AS for cantor Ibrahim the 1st alleluja lasts from 0.00 - 0.58, the 2nd 0.58 - 1.18, the 3rd 1.19 - 1.34, 4th 1.34 - 1.41, and then says the first two quartets of the psalm and go back to the latter 3 alleluja's (which you call them short), then 3rd and 4th quartets and finish the same.
    As for Fr. Methias within HICS section on this website his 1st alleluja lasts from 0.00 - 0.52, 2nd 0.52 - 1.12, 3rd 1.13 - 1.28, and the last finishes around 1.34min or something like that.
    Both hymns are on this website... go check the recordings and not the text...

well....[ edited ]....

there are 4. i can't believe i missed that. what's weird is that i know this and have said the psalm many times.

• well....i'll be damned....

there are 4. i can't believe i missed that. what's weird is that i know this and have said the psalm many times.

Mina, you should watch the language.

On topic:
    We say it at my church with 3 alleluias. I learned the kiahk psalm from ibrahim ayad and he said 3 alleluias.
  • DEAR geomike,
    How come you learnt it from cantor Ibrahim and he says it the same way HICS, cantor Gad, cantor Zaher, and just about every other cantor with 4 alleluja's as per the recordings on this website?
  • Minagir,

Such language...I am shocked!

I will have to wash your mouth out with soap (sabon).

If I ever meet you, I'm going to have you give a quick 10 metanias (like a marine drill sergeant).
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10213.msg124908#msg124908 date=1292736943]
    Minagir,

Such language...I am shocked!

I will have to wash your mouth out with soap (sabon).

If I ever meet you, I'm going to have you give a quick 10 metanias (like a marine drill sergeant).

i had a couple of metanias tonight actually during tasbeha....with anba David.
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10213.msg124899#msg124899 date=1292712667]
    DEAR geomike,
    How come you learnt it from cantor Ibrahim and he says it the same way HICS, cantor Gad, cantor Zaher, and just about every other cantor with 4 alleluja's as per the recordings on this website?

I honestly don't know,

update: I actually found out that I have been saying it with four i just couldn't count. lol.
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10213.msg124899#msg124899 date=1292712667]
    DEAR geomike,

well....becuase we just like the guy......taste matter in this case.