Is anyone here a convert from islam?

If you were a convert to orthodoxy from Islam what led you out of Islam and into orthodoxy?

Comments

• the ones i know are very discreet about it, so online posts on the topic are not very common.
    but the main reasons are the same as for all people joining the church - 
    logic (look at the stars - did they really all get there without a big dose of energy?!)
    the love of God - He reaches out to every individual directly
    nice people in the church (sometimes we are not so good at this, for which i apologise).

if you would like to discuss this more, feel free to send a personal message
    :-)
  • You can message me
  • I lived my whole life a baptized Coptic orthodox Christian and am not a convert from Islam but I can tell you some false teachings and the lack of credibility of Islam. First, prophet Muhammad actually came almost 500-600 years after Jesus Christ yet he speaks of Jesus Christ and says that he is not the son of God. He also writes on the Quran false words of Jesus in Arabic but the thing is Jesus never spoke in Arabic, he spoke in Aramaic and how did Mohammad quote Jesus’s words? If Mohammad never saw Jesus, why should I trust his view of Jesus over 500+ eyewitnesses that saw Jesus resurrected, talking and eating? I personally would trust the eyewitnesses. Also, Mohammad was a murderer and rapist who married a 9-year old girl, named Aisha and had sexual intercourse with her when she was 9 years old and he was 54 years old?! Also, Allah in the Quran commands murder? Some argue against that and say that God in the Old Testament of the Bible was aggressive but I say no, he was just in his punishment, he didn’t command murder because he is love and desires the Repentance and not the death of people. He gave people and nations chances to repent and they still refused to repent and so they were punished. Murder happens out of hatred and selfishness, unlike punishment which happens due to justice.